FTA-TV The Affair season 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe not a popular opinion but i'm not really sure of the point of the French chick.
The show is way better when it focuses on Noah/Helen and/or Cole/Alison

Hopefully the writers come up with some good stuff.

Suppose it was the exit point for Noah at the end of the season and also another example of how we all have our version of truth regardless of nationality.

There is likeable and unlikable Noah though

I dont think he has any redeemable characteristics anymore. he is just a c**t and has raped both Allison and Helen with no remorse if he even realizes he raped them.

But how they wrote his breakdown and then nothing about it after the reveal that he stabbed himself felt like they took too long and then just skipped 2 episodes before having him show up in France.

The only likable main character for me is Cole and they are wasting him and ruining him by having he sleeping with Allison again.

I dont think he has any redeemable characteristics anymore. he is just a campaigner and has raped both Allison and Helen with no remorse if he even realizes he raped them.

But how they wrote his breakdown and then nothing about it after the reveal that he stabbed himself felt like they took too long and then just skipped 2 episodes before having him show up in France.

The only likable main character for me is Cole and they are wasting him and ruining him by having he sleeping with Allison again.

But don't you find it interesting how when it's from his perspective he can't do anything wrong? That's always been the hook of this show...when told from their pov they are sympathetic characters...but then from the other perspectives they are nothing...re watch that whole bar scene between Alison and Helen over that two episodes...brilliant writing and acting by both actresses.

That still doesn't make Noah a likable character. It makes him worse because it at times feels like he is sociopathic.

And other times that others are too dumb to call him on his s**t. Or willing to forgive too easy.

Noah ruins everything he comes into contact with.
Other than Cole nobody has had anything good happen that hasnt been destroyed in someway from Noah.

That still doesn't make Noah a likable character. It makes him worse because it at times feels like he is sociopathic.

And other times that others are too dumb to call him on his s**t. Or willing to forgive too easy.

Noah ruins everything he comes into contact with.
Other than Cole nobody has had anything good happen that hasnt been destroyed in someway from Noah.

Isnt that the point of the show?

Cant remember too much good coming out of Affairs.

Barnaby says hi.

I finally finished watching the season a month ago and thought (hopefully) that it had finished for good with all plot lines tied up. I don't think I could stand another season.

Loving that they've returned to the two perspectives storytelling of season 1.

I'm curious to see where/how the two sets of storylines intersect and how/why Alison goes missing.

I had forgotten how contemptible most of the main characters in this are - Helen is the worst. Also, was their kid, Henry(?), always this annoying?

Why was the student in the car with Noah and Cole? Did I miss something?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We haven’t got to that story yet

Alison appears to be missing and that is being told at the start of each Episode...Shaggy, Scobee and Velma are looking for her in the car

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good episode but not as good as the one before imo

Was it how terrible the CGI blood was?

No the stereotyping of the Veteran again as a deviant.

I was thinking during the week that it could have been Cole...visits Alison to declare love...she says no...murder...he tries to cover it up with that drive with Noah and the final season is him being chased

But no we get the ‘crazy’ Vet...again

I didn't see crazy, I saw manipulative. And it fit with the character they had been building for a while.

Although I can certainly see why you'd feel that way

Crazy...manipulative...negative creation that continues to perpetuate the outcasting of Vets since Vietnam in popular culture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back