AFLW 2017 - R2 - What have you liked, learnt or hated?

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Round 2, and already skills have improved a bit now that first game jitters are out the way.

Crows also a threat, didn't rate them really. Crows Blues will be interesting.

Crowd held up ok. Hopefully the 10 last week has a few that were there for the novelty, and they are now gone, with the 7.5 today representing real support

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Round 2, and already skills have improved a bit now that first game jitters are out the way.

Crows also a threat, didn't rate them really. Crows Blues will be interesting.

Crowd held up ok. Hopefully the 10 last week has a few that were there for the novelty, and they are now gone, with the 7.5 today representing real support

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

7.5k is pretty good against an interstate side considering we are a low drawing club at the best of times.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Crowds will drop off drastically as teams are out of contention

The afl wants to hope more than a couple teams are still a chance for the final as the weeks go by

NoobPie

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Crowds will drop off drastically as teams are out of contention

The afl wants to hope more than a couple teams are still a chance for the final as the weeks go by

Which is probably true....but in an 8 team single round robin the most likely outcome come (from the gut) is that there'll be about 3 or 4 still in contention in the last round and perhaps 5 or even 6 in the 2nd and 3rd last.

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm seriously enjoying the games, much more than I thought.

My only concern is the number of hits to the head and the way some of the women are going into packs. Many are reckless and just as many aren't protecting themselves.

Concussions will undo a lot of the good work and A serious neck injury (God forbid) could have terrible consequences for the player and the comp.

Crowds down compared to week 1, will they drop lower in week 3 ?

Hated:

The moaning about the standard, we know they they are not seasoned footballers, the moaning about the standard is nearly as boring as the season long moaning we have about the umpires even in games where the margin is ten goals or more.

And if the standard doesn't improve, expect the moaning to get louder.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
Crowds down compared to week 1, will they drop lower in week 3 ?

And if the standard doesn't improve, expect the moaning to get louder.

If the standard don't improve and I think it is more of a season to season thing, then that is a discussion to be had as I've written, there are some poor skills shown and at times the decision making and execution has be bemusing.

Today's two games were okay, my main complaint isn't that people are talking about the standards but rather it is as though they were expecting a standard closer to what we will see from our two sides come March the 25th.

Back