Game Day AFLW R2 Crows vs Bulldogs Friday 10/02/17 Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee I wonder if they'll move the game from Thebby for next week... we play Carlton too.

That was Sensational! They were the epitome of Courageous, Stronger, Faster!
We just knocked off the Bulldogs at Whitten oval!! That's a bloody massive win in the context of this short season.

Can't wait for some little noffsprings

As tactless as the subject is, it's worth remembering that women players don't get to keep playing through pregnancy, unlike the men with pregnant partners; that's two seasons out of the game, essentially.

As tactless as the subject is, it's worth remembering that women players don't get to keep playing through pregnancy, unlike the men with pregnant partners; that's two seasons out of the game, essentially.
Will take the players about 15 seasons to get to 100 games too :eek:

Will take the players about 15 seasons to get to 100 games too :eek:

I think she'll easily play 100 games for the club, the seasons will get longer and she will have a long career if she wants it.

But the club could just start setting her up on blind dates with 100 gamers from the men's side post retirement. Combine Makay's athletic ability with her heart and determination and you have a real footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game to watch. Again some random thoughts:
  • We have much better tackling technique. I reckon there were 10 free kicks to the crows from tackles that ended up being clumsy push in the back frees as players fell onto the woman on the bottom of the pack. Crows didn't do that nearly as much.
  • Also there were a whole pile of dubious "push in the side" - ish - free kicks. Right after I was whinging about the doggies getting one, then the crows got one similar. It was consistently policed, which is all you can ask for, but odd to see.
  • #17 Sedunary - I don't think she stood out at all last week. Lots of speed at half forward, great running goal. 1st half BOG for mine.
  • On that, we have good decisions from the coaches around how we structure up at half forward - there is a lot of loose ball for both teams bouncing around that area of the ground. We have players with clean hands who at worst lock it in and at best win it and go deep. Saw it last week from Phillips dominating doing this. Similarly this week from Sedunary + co. It's really important in the womens game. You could see it in that the doggies #5 (who seems to be an un-tackle-able ball winning gun bucket) got heaps of it, continually threatened to push it forward, but they couldn't hold it in and we rebounded.
  • Not yet sure of the value of high-draft-pick tall forwards. Seems midfielders with skills have been a better choice. Maybe one of them will go on a contested marking spree soon.
  • Really liked the tactic of moving Phillips into the guts at the end of each quarter for 5 minutes. Everyone's getting a bit tired, Phillips has been "resting" in the forward line and then BAM you got a full time professional athlete who is not as tired as you running around like a maniac. She killed it in those bursts.
  • Both doggies goals were from dubious free kicks. 1st one especially so. We really did dominate them at CHB (and then our CHF).

Is there a better player in the comp than Erin Phillips? She looked so far above anyone else out there.
The sort of marquee player you build a side around. I mean, if you had the chance to sign her, you'd move heaven and earth to get her playing for you. It was a master stroke getting her to sign for us. Visionary in a way. No other AFLW had the foresight to even consider recruiting her, maybe they just didn't understand her family history with the Crows/SANFL.

The sort of marquee player you build a side around. I mean, if you had the chance to sign her, you'd move heaven and earth to get her playing for you. It was a master stroke getting her to sign for us. Visionary in a way. No other AFLW had the foresight to even consider recruiting her, maybe they just didn't understand her family history with the Crows/SANFL.

She said she was happy to play for Collingwood or the AFC as her dad played for Collingwood and her sister lives in Melbourne.

The passion and how close they are as a group is just like early 1991. Only closer unit I've seen us put out was in the darkest hours of 2015
Then Patty D said stuff you blokes I'm going home its all too hard, wife says she wants to go too, see you at the Brownlow that I'll undoubtedly win because I'll be playing for a Victorian club and the AFL will make one billion promos about how ******* good I am and how good my new team is and neglect to mention I ever had a past somewhere else.....

But you're right this group is galvanized together, they play for each other and their coach lots of love there! Something to admire!

Think Erin will become a "Superstar" of AFLW .....pity she's already 31
Thommo eill play at 35. She could too.

She is also an elite player in the WNBA.

By the time her career is over whe should be considered one of Australias best ever sportsperson.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is Bec the only woman coach? Seems a smart move - clearly all the girls are playing for her
She also seems to understand the differences in the womans game compared to the mens game.

As good as our players have been, I feel she has been the biggest edge we have over GWS and the Doggies.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back