Game Day AFLW R2 Crows vs Bulldogs Friday 10/02/17 Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon that Pies player actually lifted the elbow and knocked out the Demons player. The first part of the incident the footage is blocked by another player coming through, but in slow mo you see the elbow coming down after the head goes backwards. Only one angle shown, will be interesting.

Yeah I thought that too - but the other angle was less definitive - anyway a trip to the MRP regardless for Casey.

No Hope. You would want to bring the game with all the media she does.

I'm not particularly enamoured by Daisy Pearce either.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yep agreed she's been less than stellar thats for sure. Not sure whats going on there given she kicked over 100 goals for the doggies VWFL side last year. Maybe she's having difficulty adjusting to the change to the Pies? Maybe some club culture probs inside the Pies womens team? Not sure.

Good news. Collingwood are all s**t by the looks of it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
& we are still to play them in the final round in the 2nd to last minor round game, which could be handy if playing in the grand final comes down to percentage.

Last night, I took my daughter and her best friend to the footy.

This friend, born and bred in suburban Melbourne, has only ever watched one game of footy on tv (last years granny at our place). She has said over the years that her team was the Bulldogs, but everyone has a team. She had never been to a game - AFL, VFL, never even stopped to see a game in the local park, in nearly 17 years on this earth.

In the first quarter, she was all smiles.
In the second, she had a favourite player identified.
In the third, she was trying to work out with my daughter which was the next AFLW game they were going to.
In the last, she decided she's going to try to join her school footy team.

Today, she bought a footy and requested a footy scarf for her birthday.

From conversations I've had over the past week at work, I was getting a vibe that the AFL had unlocked a serious new market. Today, I'm convinced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last night, I took my daughter and her best friend to the footy.

This friend, born and bred in suburban Melbourne, has only ever watched one game of footy on tv (last years granny at our place). She has said over the years that her team was the Bulldogs, but everyone has a team. She had never been to a game - AFL, VFL, never even stopped to see a game in the local park, in nearly 17 years on this earth.

In the first quarter, she was all smiles.
In the second, she had a favourite player identified.
In the third, she was trying to work out with my daughter which was the next AFLW game they were going to.
In the last, she decided she's going to try to join her school footy team.

Today, she bought a footy and requested a footy scarf for her birthday.

From conversations I've had over the past week at work, I was getting a vibe that the AFL had unlocked a serious new market. Today, I'm convinced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Great story. :)

So is she still following the Bulldogs or has she switched to the Crows...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait for next week loving the endeavour, speed, tackles, skills of all the ladies but think I have a fav Jess Sedunary such attitude!

Bit harsh (and early) to call her a dud? Kicked 100 goals last year so can't be that much of a dud.
Jenny, you may find that Moana Hope may be like a great SANFL player that can't succeed at the next higher level ?

She's obviously not that fit, and is pretty slow ....in a competition that has already shown that if you're a slow side and move the ball slowly, you're going to struggle

Why did Collingwood fall away so badly in the 2nd half ......IMO fitness

Crows went to the draft and selected players with speed .....not sure Collingwood had the same selection criteria

I reckon she's getting no support and space cause she's in a dud team.

You put Eddie betts in the very early GWS teams and I reckon he would have done nothing too.
Maybe ? .....but last night, unless the ball came directly to Mo, her workrate was very poor & reflected poor fitness and speed .....which IMO won't cut it in this new league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back