Women's Footy AFC GET Women's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah (Tex | Plugga) Perkins is 2cm shorter than Eddie Betts

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Yeah but at 173cm compared to GWS' McKinnon 189 supposedly the tallest AFLW player, Tex would be 192cm if translated to the men's heights (tallest men around 210cm).

Yeah but at 173cm compared to GWS' McKinnon 189 supposedly the tallest AFLW player, Tex would be 192cm if translated to the men's heights (tallest men around 210cm).
15 cm average height difference between men and women in Australia. So 173 = 188, and 189= 204.

A bloke with her sort of build at 188cm would be considered a pretty big unit.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

But who decides who is better players? You? The coach? Coach might feel DMac is a better player than a say, untried Menzel (for example). What you meant to say was "It means that solid players who I don't rate would be getting dropped for players I DO rate". ;)

You mean Mr 22nd to 25th in the B&F is rated by the coaches? Spackler's on the money, we run a formula based selection system. Mackay needs to stay otherwise our average games played dips below Noble's magic number for premiership success.

You mean Mr 22nd to 25th in the B&F is rated by the coaches? Spackler's on the money, we run a formula based selection system. Mackay needs to stay otherwise our average games played dips below Noble's magic number for premiership success.
Newsflash: Noble isn't there any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to say watching the two games today, it is very obvious that our team so far adheres and sticks to structures so much better.

Harder at the ball too

Should be a good game next week, with your mob being the favourite obviously.

From the games i've watched, i think Adelaide and Carlton have been the top 2 teams in these points, playing to a structure/system and going hard at the ball and the man (woman).

I guess they're big reasons why we are the 2 undefeated teams.

You guys have looked a bit cleaner than us though in possession, but we have managed to kick almost 50 points each game as well so still effective.

Anyway, really looking forward to it.

With the success of the league so far, I bet the AFL is kicking themselves for only having one final. They should have had a top 4, a week with 2 semis 1v4 & 2v3 then the winners into a grand final.

With the success of the league so far, I bet the AFL is kicking themselves for only having one final. They should have had a top 4, a week with 2 semis 1v4 & 2v3 then the winners into a grand final.
I agree, a final 4 would be well received ....but how would the timing work, unless it interfered with the season launch of the mens competition ....and potentially took focus away ?

I agree, a final 4 would be well received ....but how would the timing work, unless it interfered with the season launch of the mens competition ....and potentially took focus away ?
I agree with a final 4 but I don't think it will happen for a few years yet. One option would be to utilize the Thursday season opener as the AFLW GF

I agree with a final 4 but I don't think it will happen for a few years yet. One option would be to utilize the Thursday season opener as the AFLW GF
I think a finals series could be as early as next year .....ATM attendance is free, may well be that finals could be paid events ....however the Thursday season opener provides too much $$$ revenue for the mens comp

Just unsure how they can fit the finals in, unless they start the season a couple of weeks earlier again than they did this year?

I think a finals series could be as early as next year .....ATM attendance is free, may well be that finals could be paid events ....however the Thursday season opener provides too much $$$ revenue for the mens comp

Just unsure how they can fit the finals in, unless they start the season a couple of weeks earlier again than they did this year?
Agree, a real problem for the AFL/W. Heard this morning that its basically serving as a pre-preseason comp. ie filling a void and taking eyes away from other sports.

I have also heard the GF will be $$$ to enter.

Agree, a real problem for the AFL/W. Heard this morning that its basically serving as a pre-preseason comp. ie filling a void and taking eyes away from other sports.

I have also heard the GF will be $$$ to enter.
Yes it's filling that void between the Australian Open and Season opener for the mens ....keeps Cricket and Soccer off the backpage

IMO it's fair that the GF be a paid event ......they've been discussing on radio whether that should be a nominal $2 charge or maybe $5 ......ATS the key agenda for the AFL is to get women and young girls to the matches ...the clubs will benefit from apparel sales

Can see the women getting well paid via the clubs and sponsors very quickly ....this comp has real legs and the skills even from week 1 were noticeably better

Yes it's filling that void between the Australian Open and Season opener for the mens ....keeps Cricket and Soccer off the backpage

IMO it's fair that the GF be a paid event ......they've been discussing on radio whether that should be a nominal $2 charge or maybe $5 ......ATS the key agenda for the AFL is to get women and young girls to the matches ...the clubs will benefit from apparel sales

Can see the women getting well paid via the clubs and sponsors very quickly ....this comp has real legs and the skills even from week 1 were noticeably better
The woman's comp has made the AFL a ten month Comp in terms of real media coverage.

December and January are the only two months nothing happens.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back