Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
One of the things mentioned in the earlier video was ''not playing against men'' , that to me is code for SANFL for most of the year. I might be surprised but I think there might be limited opportunities this year
I think you're right and that we are stupid.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Still believe Hampton, Knight, Menzel, and even Greenwood are still better options than Lyons ......who probably hit his ceiling last season

The point is that right now we are all hoping for this to be true. But with Lyons we know what we would get and while not exceptional still easily better than CEY up till now.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is no way Lyons would ever be the difference between a premiership and no premiership.

Set your mind at ease.

Are you sure about that. What if he was the difference between top 4. A tight win or two while B Crouch eases into the first quarter of the season.

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
What playing a kid who is unlikely to have any impact in his first year of AFLfooty, he will get a few games off the bench, unless they are considering a year of tanking and playing youth to fast track their development
That's how the club thinks too and it's ****ed.
Play the kid= tanking :rolleyes:
In reality, on what we saw last year, a kid would have more to offer in 2017 never mind the upside. Love thommo, but he shouldn't be playing.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
We needed to refresh the list...and continue to do so.
Pyke passed his assessment on Lyons and obviously didn't see his skill set as a plus moving forward with his game plan. IMO Lyons lack of pace, that and the fact he obviously rated M. Crouch as superior as the inside extractor.......and we have so many better forward options than Lyons.

And I have no doubt in 2 to 3 years there will be no complaints. My worry is that with Brad Crouch having limited pre season he wont be at his best until 5 to 6 weeks after the season starts. Our greatest weakness just got weaker. If we drop a winnable game because CEY or Hampton dont give enough output that might have been bankable with Lyons. Those dropped points could mean the difference between top 4 and that could be our shot at the flag this season.

If we are 5-1 and B Crouch is flying at the end of R6 then no worries. Bullet dodged

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
And I have no doubt in 2 to 3 years there will be no complaints. My worry is that with Brad Crouch having limited pre season he wont be at his best until 5 to 6 weeks after the season starts. Our greatest weakness just got weaker. If we drop a winnable game because CEY or Hampton dont give enough output that might have been bankable with Lyons. Those dropped points could mean the difference between top 4 and that could be our shot at the flag this season.

If we are 5-1 and B Crouch is flying at the end of R6 then no worries. Bullet dodged
Some serious over rating of Lyons going on here...

Tell me one team that is seriously contending over the next couple of years that Lyons would get a gig in their midfield let alone a regular gig??

My analysis...
Bulldogs - No
Swans - No
GWS - No
Cats - No
WCE - No
Hawks - No
Dees - No

Hence why Grigg and Lyons were let go, my guess Pyke is looking to inject more pace into our team, an area both are lacking IMO.

Of the 3 mids we drafted Gallucci has express pace and excellent endurance, Signorello both excellent speed and excellent endurance, and Poholke reasonable pace, certainly superior to Lyons and Grigg.
Personally I expect whilst Pyke is at the Crows there will be an emphasis on speed and fast ball movement.

Shaz2012

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some serious over rating of Lyons going on here...

Tell me one team that is seriously contending over the next couple of years that Lyons would get a gig in their midfield let alone a regular gig??

My analysis...
Bulldogs - No
Swans - No
GWS - No
Cats - No
WCE - No
Hawks - No
Dees - No

Hence why Grigg and Lyons were let go, my guess Pyke is looking to inject more pace into our team, an area both are lacking IMO.

Of the 3 mids we drafted Gallucci has express pace and excellent endurance, Signorello both excellent speed and excellent endurance, and Poholke reasonable pace, certainly superior to Lyons and Grigg.
Personally I expect whilst Pyke is at the Crows there will be an emphasis on speed and fast ball movement.

Dont disagree with any of this. Just saying that without BCrouch for the first part of the season we may drop points and those points may cost us top 4. Even if Lyons wasnt best 22 at the end of the season he would have been handy at the beginning. Now we will have to rely on Thommo. Hopefully he is good for having a break and plays like he did in the first part of 2016 and not the last part.

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dont disagree with any of this. Just saying that without BCrouch for the first part of the season we may drop points and those points may cost us top 4. Even if Lyons wasnt best 22 at the end of the season he would have been handy at the beginning. Now we will have to rely on Thommo. Hopefully he is good for having a break and plays like he did in the first part of 2016 and not the last part.

Can't believe how hard this is to see.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Achilles that's a worry....wonder how long he'll be out?:p
Trent McKenzie has a Baker's cyst and will likely miss a week, while No.4 draft pick Ben Ainsworth (hip) and ex-Crow Jarryd Lyons (Achilles) were taken off at half-time as a precautionary measure.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-11/swallow-steps-it-up-suns-draftee-firms-for-round-one

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
noooo we don't.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Barging in here as I have a passing interest in Eastern Ranges old boys and wondering how Looch is going so far.

Also, as he's No. 7, that means he's a quarter of Kane Johnson's old number but will hopefully be 4 times the player Johnson was. (Johnno coming from the Ranges himself.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barging in here as I have a passing interest in Eastern Ranges old boys and wondering how Looch is going so far.

Also, as he's No. 7, that means he's a quarter of Kane Johnson's old number but will hopefully be 4 times the player Johnson was. (Johnno coming from the Ranges himself.)
Would be happy if he was as good as Sugar, as he was a gun.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I definitely think we will miss Lyons at some point this year

He's proven AFL level 20 possessions and almost a goal a game on last year

B Crouch injury makes it worse he is gone

Sort of threw him away and I think he would be more than useful

But in 2-3 years I don't think it will matter

I quite liked him during his career.

Feel like he got everything out of him his whole career.
Smart & skilled footballer, who I admired enough to name part of my username after.

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide

Appears to have settled in well and has completed most, if not all of the preseason asked of him, by the sounds is an absolute pro in terms of his profesionalism and application, which generally means he'll make the most of his talents. I suspect along with Poholke will be there abouts come round one, and likely get game time in the preseason, issue is finding back end mid and flanker spots is tights, it's our top end midfield that is weak.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Josh Dunkley.

Discuss.
For every one like Dunkley there's 10 who don't play a game year one .....and then there's potential elite talent like Milera that plays around 8 on average, which is more the norm

Then there's Dangerfield who in his first full season (19 games) averaged 5 kicks and 7 handballs .....hardly game changing start by a young player

I don't follow Bulldogs that closely, but assume some of Dunkleys opportunities came as a result of the big injury list

Are you thinking a Gallucci or Poholke will have any real influence in comparison to a Milera, Knight, Hampton, Menzel or Greenwood ......cmon now

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
For every one like Dunkley there's 10 who don't play a game year one .....and then there's potential elite talent like Milera that plays around 8 on average, which is more the norm

Then there's Dangerfield who in his first full season (19 games) averaged 5 kicks and 7 handballs .....hardly game changing start by a young player

I don't follow Bulldogs that closely, but assume some of Dunkleys opportunities came as a result of the big injury list

Are you thinking a Gallucci or Poholke will have any real influence in comparison to a Milera, Knight, Hampton, Menzel or Greenwood ......cmon now
If we're in full on flag mode then we wouldn't have been sitting out the free agency period and trade week.

We were hell bent on keeping our draft picks for the future so are obligated to play them. That's the path we have chosen.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
If we're in full on flag mode then we wouldn't have been sitting out the free agency period and trade week.

We were hell bent on keeping our draft picks for the future so are obligated to play them. That's the path we have chosen.

A) some-one has to be available that meets our needs

B) you don't sell the farm to secure that player, as has already been hotly debated ....we're simply not going to pay Fyfe $1.5M to play at the Crows, no matter how much of a need ....and risk player dis-enchantment at them effectively being paid less to fund a Fyfe

That's proven to be one step forward and two steps back :thumbsdown:

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, not as if we're contending or anything .....hey lets experiment, maybe play Tex at CHB and Hartigan as the FF .......as you say, throw caution to the wind AFC
Thats called 'flexibility'....it's what all premership teams have

Remove this Banner Ad

Back