Women's Footy AFC GET Women's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman's comp has made the AFL a ten month Comp in terms of real media coverage.

December and January are the only two months nothing happens.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk
Exactly .....making the exercise of other sports to get coverage so much tougher

Aus Open dominates Jan, and Dec is a non month as xmas celebrations dominate .....it's great strategic marketing

More Gold Coin/$5 type of payment I am hearing. I think that's fair if it is a bigger stadium.
Even a coffee is $3.80 these days .....so a $2 coin, or $5 with half going to a womens cause like Breast Cancer would be ideal and another promotional opportunity for Breast Cancer

Erin Phillips on The Weekly last night

That was great. She is awesome and what an inspiration for young girls.
Have enjoyed both Crows games and am very excited to be able to see my team vs Crows. Am a bit concerned about the crowd and getting in. Might have to get there super early. Last time I went to Thebby Oval was to see Pink Floyd

Lets say it was Etihad Stadium ......think that would be ticketed as we could expect a 30,000 strong crowd at the final
As an aside the men play at AO the next day. If the women finish top 2 I have heard the final is at AO. Womens Final on the Saturday/ Night , Mens home game Sunday

As an aside the men play at AO the next day. If the women finish top 2 I have heard the final is at AO. Womens Final on the Saturday/ Night , Mens home game Sunday
What's the record attendance for a female sporting event in Australia?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Australian Open would have to be right up there
Is that for a stand alone match? ie Womens final. Otherwise the spectators are there for the ''event''

I would have said Netball for a consistent basis ie Adelaide were getting 11,000 at times. Would Sydney/Melbourne have bigger netball crowds?

Is that for a stand alone match? ie Womens final. Otherwise the spectators are there for the ''event''

I would have said Netball for a consistent basis ie Adelaide were getting 11,000 at times. Would Sydney/Melbourne have bigger netball crowds?

I think the crowds for women's matches across the entire Open would be quite good but yes, you do pay to attend the event rather than specific matches (excluding finals)

Not sure if they count multiple days, would be bit like counting every match in the AFLW season as its the one event.

10k probably a stretch for a single day anyway. I was thinking that when Webb was number 1 we had some huge tournaments which included good numbers from the other best players in the world and women's golf was pretty big itself.

10k probably a stretch for a single day anyway. I was thinking that when Webb was number 1 we had some huge tournaments which included good numbers from the other best players in the world and women's golf was pretty big itself.
But event the biggest tournaments in the world wouldn't get that many people would it?
Maybe I'm along way off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back