Women's Footy AFC GET Women's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotted this thought it was funny re next match
View attachment 335664

I just had a look R4 2010 was the last AFL match against us that I could find at AAMI .
Knew it was a while but not that long.
Someone on the Twitter page suggested Gibbs would show them the way :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tayla Harris best in the comp for mine, huge contested mark in the last to kick the winner. Hugely valuable to be able to take tough contested marks in this comp, not many can. Perkins another example.

Even more stunning to me is that Harris had a sore finger from popping it out just a few minutes before it. She was shaking it afterwards, but when she had to mark the ball, she marked the ball.

Randall is a fair contested mark too. The one she did in the trial game I still can't figure out how she did it. That Brisbane team has some serious weapons and I love that it is us and the Lions up the top with Freo sitting on the bottom of the ladder. Being so unpredictible means you have to watch and pay attention to figure the league out.

I found Freo to be pretty wasteful against Brisbane, had so many opportunities but their ball use was relatively below par compared to other sides.

Going to be interesting to see if the body shape of the AFLW players evolves over the next few years. Don't expect them to beef up quite like the men, but different sports naturally create different physiques as clubs and players seek to maximise their physical advantage. Some of these women are going to see the benefit of some gym time and if the advantage it brings is significant enough, others will follow.

Tayla Harris best in the comp for mine, huge contested mark in the last to kick the winner. Hugely valuable to be able to take tough contested marks in this comp, not many can. Perkins another example.
Best contested mark i've seen so far is Carltons Bianca Jacobsen

There's a bit of Jonathan Brown about Tayla Harris, if she was a couple years younger, I'd be checking if Brown met her mum in the late 90s when he was first drafted to Brisbane.

Going to be interesting to see if the body shape of the AFLW players evolves over the next few years. Don't expect them to beef up quite like the men, but different sports naturally create different physiques as clubs and players seek to maximise their physical advantage. Some of these women are going to see the benefit of some gym time and if the advantage it brings is significant enough, others will follow.
It's interesting because the average height at the moment would be about 172cm I reckon. Our ruck is 185cm and I think the tallest AFLW player is 189cm. I think height will be something that will change but general body shape won't be so dramatic.

Erin Phillips the #1 ranked player, Marinoff the #5 ranked player
C4gVxXBUoAEzLSc.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back