Game Day AFLW R2 Crows vs Bulldogs Friday 10/02/17 Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

also, on this count:

I now know all the Bulldogs players off by heart
Only just got to watch the replay and that was a great game by the Crows. But completely shameless one-sided commentary. Absolutely everything was viewed through the perspective of what the Bulldogs needed to do, were doing wrong etc. My outrage peaked when in the last quarter Brad Johnson actually blamed the Adelaide player who got taken head-high and front-on, saying she should have turned her body when she bent to pick up the ball. Followed up by the player commentator (Kate Sheahan?) talking about ducking. Huh? Not one mention of the Bulldogs' player's duty of care to the player over the ball. Ooh, I was cross.

Only just got to watch the replay and that was a great game by the Crows. But completely shameless one-sided commentary. Absolutely everything was viewed through the perspective of what the Bulldogs needed to do, were doing wrong etc. My outrage peaked when in the last quarter Brad Johnson actually blamed the Adelaide player who got taken head-high and front-on, saying she should have turned her body when she bent to pick up the ball. Followed up by the player commentator (Kate Sheahan?) talking about ducking. Huh? Not one mention of the Bulldogs' player's duty of care to the player over the ball. Ooh, I was cross.
I remember that now and thinking, what the?

Yeah, that was disgraceful. But it was Brad Johnson, so you can't expect much more.

Not to mention the woman boundary rider bringing up the free kick count in every interview. Fact is the bullies tackling technique was rubbish where as the crows went for the hips and tackled the body and were first to the ball. I think it must've been a focus at one stage and not the dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting to hear the commentary this week, considering it's the crows home game and the only Vic team worth watching.
Bulldogs looked ok, had a bad night in front of goals. They will be up there.

The team I am (not) disappointed in is Fremantle. Early predictions were they had the strongest squad. What happened?

Maybe ? .....but last night, unless the ball came directly to Mo, her workrate was very poor & reflected poor fitness and speed .....which IMO won't cut it in this new league
I would consider Hope's performance vs Melbourne acceptable without excelling, or even confirming that she could excel. But she showed a few good signs of being a good target.

All that's really been confirmed is that she isn't good enough on her own to defeat a professional coaching teams concentrated efforts to stop her. And she isn't good enough to carry a poorly coached and poorly administered team on her own.

I thought the commentary was a bit cringy in Adelaides favor at times to be honest. The bird on the boundary was always throwing out stats about certain crows players and the coach, minimal info on the dogs. Was all about Tex Perkins dropping 40kegs and how the crows coach is a no nonsense copper who eats gravel for breakfast and was on big brother or something.

Not to mention the woman boundary rider bringing up the free kick count in every interview. Fact is the bullies tackling technique was rubbish where as the crows went for the hips and tackled the body and were first to the ball. I think it must've been a focus at one stage and not the dogs.
Yeah, that was dreadful, but both the Bullies coach & Carney both said that it was due to their poor tackling not poor umpiring... so there were no sour grapes, except in the commentary box minus Huddo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back