List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a ruckman that might justify a first rounder this year? Our ruck stocks aren't inspiring.

Unless we lose some one at the end of the season, I don't think we have too many urgent needs. We do need another key defender but I wouldn't be using an early pick on one as he would mainly be a depth player - at best 3rd string to Talia and Lever. We could probably also do with a mid size defender as well an inside mid but these aren't so important as you could make the argument that we need a key forward and good outside mid equally as much.

With this being said a lot can change in a season. Dear and Himmelberg might end the year as defenders or Gallucci and Milera might disappoint. This time last year I would have thought a key forward was most in need but McGovern and Dear both had better seasons than I expected and now a key forward isn't so urgent.

I will leave this prediction here:

If Jackson Edwards looks like a top 15 draft prospect heading into the draft, the AFL will change the father/son rules to make it considerably harder for us to draft him.

That's not very adventurous! You'll have to be much more specific about how you define "looks like a top 15 draft prospect", so that we can hold you to account for your prediction. Too much wriggle room there. ;)

Unless we lose some one at the end of the season, I don't think we have too many urgent needs. We do need another key defender but I wouldn't be using an early pick on one as he would mainly be a depth player - at best 3rd string to Talia and Lever. We could probably also do with a mid size defender as well an inside mid but these aren't so important as you could make the argument that we need a key forward and good outside mid equally as much.

With this being said a lot can change in a season. Dear and Himmelberg might end the year as defenders or Gallucci and Milera might disappoint. This time last year I would have thought a key forward was most in need but McGovern and Dear both had better seasons than I expected and now a key forward isn't so urgent.
We need a tall contested blue chip mid

Fogarty and O'Brien ( a bit more outside but a jet ) would be my most favoured

Maybe Rayner 3rd if he keeps improving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's right ! Got a feeling he plays cricket for east Torrens as well
iur

you're gonna give that s**t up, concentrate on g̶o̶l̶f̶ footy

If we happen to finish in that 5-8 bracket and there is no bid on Edwards (i see him 10-15) and no bid comes in, one we seriously look at is Hunter Clark.

Crowden is very much worth a look in late draft. Even more so considering the potential loss of picks matching an Edwards bid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back