Preview 2017 JLT Series Week 1 - starts Thurs Feb 16th

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
2017JLTWeek1.png

Seriously wondering what the atmosphere at Narrandera will be like. Not often they will get to see WC or us at a local game. Both teams will be "possibles" I expect with a few exceptions.

Is there any unusual concepts or formats for these games? or will they be a standard 4 quarters of football as per the normal season?

Pretty much equally excited to watch any game in this JLT series. Seeing the younger players you might otherwise not see as much during the season is always quite interesting. I'm also looking forward to seeing the players who are in direct competition with each other and fighting for one of the last spots in the best 22 for round 1. Besides that, hopefully most clubs can get through the pre-season games without any serious injury concerns or injuries that perhaps could interrupt a players season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would seem about right, maybe push over the 20k mark but not by much. I know plenty of Bombers fans are keen
Yeah it must be really exciting for Bombers fans and players alike to know that they don't have the saga hanging over their heads anymore.

I'm looking forward to watching the Bombers in the pre-season due to them now having their senior players coming back but it will be some of the players who are in direct competiton for some of the last spots in the best 22 that'll be interesting.

Think Worsfold mentioned that there were about 28-30 players who he thinks are in contention for round 1.

Think there will be a few players who would be considered as deserving of a spot in your best 22 who miss out, so I think competition for spots will be quite high this year which is a plus and I think your depth will be a strength this year as well.

AFL have arranged a charter for the Eagles as they should.
It's an odd place for WC to play. Makes perfect sense for us in our academy zone. There are flights from Sydney but doubt they would accommodate the team. Think it will be a small aircraft and a multi hop flight. Would be harsh to be flight hopping for a full day anyway from Perth.
Does it help if I say I'm sure our club appreciates it?

It's an odd place for WC to play. Makes perfect sense for us in our academy zone. There are flights from Sydney but doubt they would accommodate the team. Think it will be a small aircraft and a multi hop flight. Would be harsh to be flight hopping for a full day anyway from Perth.
Does it help if I say I'm sure our club appreciates it?

It helps. Why was it FIXtured, crazy given the travel burden of the regular season. The AFL charter is making the best of it, spreading the word, training run in Wagga Friday.

Should be good, disappointed they didn't put any games on in the goulburn valley. Regardless of who's playing i always attend

Always look forward to the pre-season matches with much anticipation, until the first five minutes when you realise it's nothing like the real stuff.

However, am excited to see Essendon with their senior players back on Thursday. AFLW has whetted the appetite to a point where I'll happily take the hit and giggle stuff from the men.

Always look forward to the pre-season matches with much anticipation, until the first five minutes when you realise it's nothing like the real stuff.

However, am excited to see Essendon with their senior players back on Thursday. AFLW has whetted the appetite to a point where I'll happily take the hit and giggle stuff from the men.
The form was actually true for us last year.
We lost to the Bulldogs and beat the Swans and the Lions.
Wierd coincidence

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back