Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Hey y'all.

We've decided to introduce a pretty neat exercise in creativity after seeing how successful said activity is on other team boards- appointing aspiring wordsmiths and smartarses to our weekly game previews.

So, without further preamble, the criteria is as follows:
  • Use this thread to sign up for any match you'd like to preview in the upcoming season. First in, best dressed, so if you want a specific match try and get in early.
  • There is no criteria to sign up, you don't have to have been a poster for a long time or have made a lot of posts, but just make sure you're in a position to write one when it's your week. If you can't do it when the time comes, let me, or one of the friendly mods (Allikat Tayl0r Seppo ) know and they will probably sort out a suitable punishment and/or replacement. I'll take the bulk of the responsibility for this venture so hassle me before the others if possible.
  • Have fun with the preview. Make it interesting, it doesn't have to be written under a certain guideline or include x,y,z- write it the way you want, use pictures, videos, whatever. A good dose of humour never hurts either.
  • This isn't a competition, but previews judged the best by your peers (most liked, how else do you quantify "best" on the internet :p) may or may not receive a shiny badge. Gotta incentivise it somehow and there's no incentive quite like a barely visible badge under your username. Awww yeah

Round 1 v Geelong H - Unique Name

Round 2 v Port Adelaide A - go_the_dockers

Round 3 v Western Bulldogs H - Lost_Deputy

Round 4 v Melbourne A - Van_Dyke

Round 5 v North Melbourne H - Square Peg

Round 6 v West Coast A - lw11

Round 7 v Essendon H - Baklazan

Round 8 v Richmond A - Allikat

Round 9 v Carlton H - Freomaniac

Round 10 v Adelaide A - XXRL

Round 11 v Collingwood H - M_rash

Round 12 v Brisbane A - Kapow!!!

Round 13 BYE DudleyDocker :)

Round 14 v Geelong A - TheInjuryFactory

Round 15 v St Kilda H - dockerfemme

Round 16 v North Melbourne A - Sir Deadly

Round 17 v West Coast H - Arcassius

Round 18 v Hawthorn H - PurpleWizard

Round 19 v GWS A - Silversurfer

Round 20 v Gold Coast H - BeinPurplenGreen

Round 21 v Sydney A - Okinakashi

Round 22 v Richmond H - Scatter

Round 23 v Essendon A - Tonga Bob

Please let me know if I've made any mistakes

Lastly, credit to Quinz as my main inspiration, particularly the criteria which I blatantly copy'n'pasted with only a few tweaks. You're still a sub-human reprobate though.

Last edited:

Righteo you'll be hearing from my lawyer FiveStrings

Ah well, could be worse. Could be the megaflog Reep or whatever he calls himself these days.

Not too surprising that both Geelong games have been snapped up. I really hope Harry Reems gets on board for one of the derbies.

Aw hell yeah! Can I please do round 23 (the traditional 'floating round')? That will give me time to get my team together... blurst 2.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back