Remove this Banner Ad

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Lame. I wanted Broad. My dreams are shattered.

But yeah will be named officially later today per BBC Sport

It should have been you. It's all a cover up!!!

But seriously it's official right now and hopefully Joe's batting doesn't suffer except for the Ashes.

Ben Stokes is vice captain for some reason.

joe_root_front_cover.jpg

Don't mind the Stokes vice-captain decision to be honest. Shows a lot of passion on the field and while he can look a bit silly at times, he's a talented player who can complement Root's more balanced approach. A see it a lot like the Smith and Warner duo in that Smith is a more measured and controlled, while Warner is more spontaneous and daring. A lot of people didn't like the Warner selection initially with a few incidents - namely the Root bar incident - but I feel as though he has matured and is quite a good leader in the group now. If all else fails, the vice-captain doesn't really have that big of a role and most of the heat and spotlight will fall upon Root.

Don't mind the Stokes vice-captain decision to be honest. Shows a lot of passion on the field and while he can look a bit silly at times, he's a talented player who can complement Root's more balanced approach. A see it a lot like the Smith and Warner duo in that Smith is a more measured and controlled, while Warner is more spontaneous and daring. A lot of people didn't like the Warner selection initially with a few incidents - namely the Root bar incident - but I feel as though he has matured and is quite a good leader in the group now. If all else fails, the vice-captain doesn't really have that big of a role and most of the heat and spotlight will fall upon Root.
Warner would be a brilliant captain and Stokes would be a rabble.

Broad would be a better VC than Stokes, he has more experience and Stokes doesn't need the pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Root doesn't strike me as a particularly vocal type, but I guess there's no other real alternatives who are settled in the side. I guess he can't be worse than Cook

Broad.

Just on England and dreams. Oh and congrats Joe Root.

Had an Ashes dream :$ Australia wins 2 Tests in a row by 3 runs and in one England were 2/90 chasing 247 and all out for 244

Oh and no betting on my dreams. Had one about a brunette with big .... that still hasn't happened

we all knew root was going to be named the new skipper.
i hope cook relishes just concentrating on his bat
and making big runs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back