Podcast TNL 2017 Pre Season Episode 3 - Chat with Fages

Remove this Banner Ad

Men sing mighty too. The 'official' recording seems to have been always been different though.
Yeah, weird huh? The other weird thing is that when Fages asked around, guys like Robran and Nige couldn't recall singing "mighty". And yet they all did in their playing days.

Some sort of group hypnosis thing going on down there.

All I know gentlemen, is that when The Donald finds out it is the Marine Corp Hymnal---well lets just say you can expect visitors on the beach soon. ;)

By the way, anyone still thinking we "didn't represent the Board" after listening to our interview with Andrew, is really just exposing themselves as trolling an agenda. It's pretty obvious we represented the board, just as we said we would. Andrew trolling with the muffins thing was pretty delicious ;)

Last edited:
I just noticed that the girls sing "mighty" ... interesting, because Im sure thats just habit, not any sort of club directive.

http://www.afc.com.au/video/2017-02-11/aflw-r2-team-song

I just had a listen back to the bit where I came on as I was unsure how it went. I had massive feedback in my earphones that made coherency difficult.
I've also been outed as Feenix67's uncle. Damn.
Good podcast. Interesting stuff and answered all of the important questions.

Yeah, weird huh? The other weird thing is that when Fages asked around, guys like Robran and Nige couldn't recall singing "mighty". And yet they all did in their playing days.

Some sort of group hypnosis thing going on down there.

I interpreted that Smart and Robran didn't realise the first verse had 'known as' and that they just presumed it said 'mighty'.

The version of the Club song they played at the end of the 1997 and 1998 Premerships' is legendary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was always the mighty Adelaide Crows.
I don't believe they cant remember.
My worry is they caved in because of pressure from the AFL because of the "mighty fighting hawks".
Either we're lying or we've used the same amnesia ray we used from Tippettgate

It definitely used to be mighty and somewhere along the way we changed it to "and we're known as".

If memory serves me correctly someone once told me that it was done to appease certain people in SA who used to complain ad nauseam. Their argument was that the opening lines of the Crows song somehow inferred that they were the only team in SA.

Have no idea whether that is a true story or not, but knowing how much the Cockrooch used to complain about our song anything is possible

All I know gentlemen, is that when The Donald finds out it is the Marine Corp Hymnal---well lets just say you can expect visitors on the beach soon. ;)
On that, while I was travelling in the us, some time ago now. A busker in New York was playing the crows theme song and my crows supporting mate and me started singing it. Two American blokes took serious issue with us for stating that 'we were being disrespectful to the marine corps' Or words to that effect. Is their song that serious or do you reckon we just ran into a couple of blokes looking for a fight?

We ran away by the way - they looked a bit hard core!

On that, while I was travelling in the us, some time ago now. A busker in New York was playing the crows theme song and my crows supporting mate and me started singing it. Two American blokes took serious issue with us for stating that 'we were being disrespectful to the marine corps' Or words to that effect. Is their song that serious or do you reckon we just ran into a couple of blokes looking for a fight?

It is that serious.

Is akin to mocking khe sahn.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

But the music for the marine's hymn is from a 19th century opera, so it's not really their Hymm. They just made up their own lyrics (like us).

So they really have no reason to be upset (although I am sure trying to calmly explain this to them may be met with some friendly punching!)

Sounds to me like they were a couple of ignorant morons. As a matter of fact, it is my understanding the club has the permission of the Marine Corps to use it.

I agree it was wise to avoid trouble but they really needed to get their asses kicked and I would have been glad to help you.

Apologies for my ignorant countrymen but seems to be a lot of them popping up these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back