2017 Chat with the Club - now with answers see OP

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I am waitkng for an article to be penned by him about infighting among Crows supporters caused by lack of clear communication by the club via traditional news services.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
New article

''Fagan macca23 says Adelaide is a backwater''

As profound and insightful as a fortune cookie.

Never change :)

Come on mate, show some appreciation for a true hero.

This argument about who from an internet discussion forum gets to meet with officials from the local football club, and whether they should publish the results in written format on the forum or verbally using podcast technology is pretty much exactly the same as whistle blowing on church sex abuse.

First they came for the rights of bigfooty members to have representatives to meet with the club, and I said nothing.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

This argument about who from an internet discussion forum gets to meet with officials from the local football club, and whether they should publish the results in written format on the forum or verbally using podcast technology is pretty much exactly the same as whistle blowing on church sex abuse.

First they came for the rights of bigfooty members to have representatives to meet with the club, and I said nothing.

The only thing neccessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. At least you're in the clear STO.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Did you read his post where he said he won't be publishing his training reports but only as PMs after his whinging in this thread was curtailed. He then extended it to Gameday threads and others. As if it's a punishment for us all.

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
Change only occurs when the accepted views are challenged ...often to the extreme

Days gone by, many institutions like the church, charities, and Govt employees, when left unchecked were subject to massive abuse, financial and otherwise .......we're now seeing all these & others subject to minute dissection and analysis

Shane Warne and his charity .....was but one & proven to be above board, even though it made a pittance %, to his chagrin. However he is now clear and there's no ongoing rumors now ....others haven't been so lucky
Ministers and their private trips and helicopters were never questioned 10 years ago

Racism, and currently immigration are topics under fierce scrutiny and debate ......i like to believe that society is better for it, even though many feathers are ruffled

Do i believe the Big Footy relationship with the club should never be analyzed and debated like any other subject .....some certainly do, however i believe the process should now be much better, given scrutinization.

People who say "trust me" ....you never trust !
People who want none of their activities analyzed .....should be scrutinized
People who are the nicest warmest people ......are often the fraudsters and scammers of this world

Improvement only comes from questioning
Except in this case, the process for this year was in place far before any scrutiny. But thanks for being you :drunk:

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Thanks for the feedback and the interview. Has a number been put on how many the club is looking to provide CC?
No probs - they've undertaken to try for one player a month, plus hopefully a few past players. Should be a lot of fun and interaction this year.

Do you have software for the transcript or do you have to do it by hand?

Sounds like a good job and I'm looking forward to it.

As voice recognition isn't 99+% accurate yet, most transcription software sucks ass. It's a manual job.

(But the meeting wasn't recorded so it won't be transcribed anyway)

As voice recognition isn't 99+% accurate yet, most transcription software sucks ass. It's a manual job.

(But the meeting wasn't recorded so it won't be transcribed anyway)
Just the transcript of the cast is enough. Thanks for all of your work.

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Working on it as we speak :)

chimp_at_typewriter-dantania-blogspot-com+(1).jpg

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
While this thread spiralled out of control, I can understand why some of the queries exist regarding the meeting. Listening to the podcast it certainly seemed like this was a backslapping exercise and an opportunity to get chummy with the club for the few involved. The number 1 objective seemed to be not to piss off the club.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
While this thread spiralled out of control, I can understand why some of the queries exist regarding the meeting. Listening to the podcast it certainly seemed like this was a backslapping exercise and an opportunity to get chummy with the club for the few involved. The number 1 objective seemed to be not to piss off the club.
Whilst this might have gone too far, I felt the questions that were asked were safe and boring.

If we aren't prepared to ask though questions and wanted to listen to club PR we could just read the website or twitter.

I also appreciate we need to be sensitive but without an element of scrutiny what's the point of it?

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
What i did find interesting was inappropriate questions about MacKay was brought up in here, but then a joke was made to fages about having to beat Dmacs "listeners" record, was that taking the piss out of Dmack or has Dmack actually rated the best of all the shows?

Whilst this might have gone too far, I felt the questions that were asked were safe and boring.

If we aren't prepared to ask though questions and wanted to listen to club PR we could just read the website or twitter.

I also appreciate we need to be sensitive but without an element of scrutiny what's the point of it?
They asked your raptor question - again.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
They asked your raptor question - again.
See Froggys post.

Surely a comment could have been made that it doesn't even look like a Crow but a Raptor and it's not liked by some of the supprterbase.

But it's not about that, "why has the club song dropped Mighty" isn't really riveting stuff.

I would like to have known after the Gibbs debacle what lessons have we learnt?

If Organic growth doesn't work in 2017 what's the back up plan? Hearing excuses as to why we haven't recruited players is just a cop out, that's not going to help us win a flag.

What was our strategy in finding Nobles replacement because Burtons appointment looks like a job for the boys.

Sure these questions may have resulted in it being the last catch up but who cares, at least they would know there is some scrutiny out there. What did we get out of the meeting? Very little besides some player trivial info and interviews for Crowscast.

Sorry for those that went to the effort but this is how I feel about it.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

They were completely safe and boring questions. No suggestion of adding any depth to any of the questions either. Just very basic, simple questions with basic, simple answers.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

:eek: Really, did you expect to hear anything that wasn't safe or hadn't already been released to the media

This was never a communication channel to release News Scoops .....can you imagine the uniform supplier and design being released via Crowcast :p:p ......people need to understand it was a PR meet

Back