Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

I was interested in something on the buy and sell pages so i type NIL = next in line.
Yup ok. then the lady inboxed me while i was at work.
I get home from work then shes asks if i still interested i said yes i will come past tomorrow.
Few minutes later some other bish posted NIL then the seller says sold.
Get stuffed.

Why do people with fibromyalgia need to constantly post about their condition? I have about four friends with it. Just about every day they post about it. Diabetics don't post about their blood sugar levels all the time. Sort of supports the belief that it is psychosomatic.

Facebook knows better what you want than you do.

Facebook-3835a8.png

No idea but Ive also seen this.

Plus, a few days ago FB reminded me it was friendship day.....
I googled it when I kept seeing it - it's some breast cancer awareness thing (in case anybody isn't aware of breast cancer these days?). I think if you like the status they'll message you with instructions to put a heart status too. So it's a secretive awareness campaign about something we all know about. Very, very dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I googled it when I kept seeing it - it's some breast cancer awareness thing (in case anybody isn't aware of breast cancer these days?). I think if you like the status they'll message you with instructions to put a heart status too. So it's a secretive awareness campaign about something we all know about. Very, very dumb.

Yep. That's what it is. I was sent a message about it from one of my Facebook friends but just ignored it. Flat out refuse to be involved in any of that type of stuff. FB is just fun for me and keeping up with people; no politics, no causes, no getting into arguments with people.

What about the posts that say something along the lines of "Like this post if you are against animal cruelty, ignore it if you don't care". Yeah right :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Deactivated FB and now I am getting text messages about certain friends' FB status updates.
One, you shouldn't have ever given them your phone number, and two, don't you have to click or unclick a box to not receive notifications before deactivating facebook ??

Deactivating facebook is the best thing anyone could possibly do. Glad you saw the light.

One, you shouldn't have ever given them your phone number, and two, don't you have to click or unclick a box to not receive notifications before deactivating facebook ??

Deactivating facebook is the best thing anyone could possibly do. Glad you saw the light.

I want too, badly. It shits me no end whenever I look at it. Its 100% cringe, BUT for me, being away from Australia its is handy to stay in touch with a select few of people. Its what keeps a lot of people connected I believe. But Im just so totally sick of it. Sick of seeing family post absolute bullshit and takes all my willpower not to tell them youre being a dickhead, in public.

I have one friend on my list who bitches and whinges every day about the customers they "have" to serve at work. The type who is one year removed from high school and has a perception of herself that she is the bomb to the entire world. Her posts are full of ridicule and sarcasm about what her customers do and their "stupidity" when dealing with her (she's in customer service of all irony). I understand the frustration at times, to whinge every day like clockwork though, it's attention seeking, humiliating and draining.

Because she's stupid enough to list where she works, it's a major temptation to take a few screenshots and send said tagged work rages to her employer and give her all the attention from her management that she craves.

Yes, being a campaigner with a campaigner....... that's like fighting fire with fire though right?

Got a guy on Facebook who comes from a very wealthy family, works part time in his family business. Always travelling the world off his parents money and uploads a photo of himself in an article about young entrepreneurs. No. You're not a young entrepreneur. You study marketing at Uni and come from a rich family, yet somehow you've duped someone into doing an article about you. Wouldn't be surprised if he paid them off. Worst part is he got about 300 likes and everyone was saying "OMG well done!" "SO HAPPY FOR YOU" .... :drunk:

Got a guy on Facebook who comes from a very wealthy family, works part time in his family business. Always travelling the world off his parents money and uploads a photo of himself in an article about young entrepreneurs. No. You're not a young entrepreneur. You study marketing at Uni and come from a rich family, yet somehow you've duped someone into doing an article about you. Wouldn't be surprised if he paid them off. Worst part is he got about 300 likes and everyone was saying "OMG well done!" "SO HAPPY FOR YOU" .... :drunk:

I know someone exactly like that, another 'young entrepreneur' - she's well connected within the media circles and is always posting updates about herself and bragging about her life.

I know someone exactly like that, another 'young entrepreneur' - she's well connected within the media circles and is always posting updates about herself and bragging about her life.

The only thing worse than the people themselves are the friends that feed their ego with pats on the back. Sometimes I think they do it in the hope of getting something in return because they know he is (his family) loaded. I have another Facebook friend who created their own "business" of house and dog sitting. On her About Me page she lists herself as CEO. LOL

The only thing worse than the people themselves are the friends that feed their ego with pats on the back. Sometimes I think they do it in the hope of getting something in return because they know he is (his family) loaded. I have another Facebook friend who created their own "business" of house and dog sitting. On her About Me page she lists herself as CEO. LOL

Exactly, the friends just feed their egos - it's so fake. These people create their "own business" and call themselves CEOs though I don't know when they find the time to work as they are always travelling (holidays) or posting updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back