Preview The JLT Community Series - Week 1 v Western Bulldogs, Saturday 18 Feb @ 4:40pm, Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does this new rule only count for deliberate rushed behind or ALL rushed behind?

It rewards good defensive pressure near the goal line. Similar to a safety in NFL! On that note they should just make all rushed behinds 2 points instead of 1!

I like it

Does this new rule only count for deliberate rushed behind or ALL rushed behind?

It rewards good defensive pressure near the goal line. Similar to a safety in NFL! On that note they should just make all rushed behinds 2 points instead of 1!

I like it

I believe just deliberate rushed behinds.

anyone know how much tickets are? (too lazy to look up). Will be a sellout
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/season/match-day-information

Access and Ticketing
AFL and Club access members have free general admission entry to the men’s JLT Community Series match. However, as access to the venue is subject to capacity and not guaranteed, the AFL strongly recommends that members wishing to watch either game upgrade their membership to a reserved seat or register for a general admission ticket to guarantee entry on the day.

Upgrade HERE.

Subject to capacity, fans have free entry to the Western Bulldogs v Melbourne NAB AFLW match after three quarter time of the Western Bulldogs v Melbourne JLT Community Series match. The AFL advises that VU Whitten Oval has a limited capacity of 10,000 and considering anticipated demand for both matches, strongly recommends that all members and fans guarantee their entry by using their membership card to register or purchase a general admission ticket via Ticketmaster. Tickets are subject to availability on a first come, first serve basis and subject to an additional fee.

Should be at 6:25pm tonight based on regular season timing?
I thought they came out on Thursday on regular season. But then again i guess there is a Game on Thursday

Aside from what has been mentioned, I'm really keen to see both the Smith boys get a crack. Also interested in McKenna and how he fits into everything. He was such an odd trade in.
Absolutely, these three intrigue me a lot. I think I only saw one televised game of Casey but I loved what I saw from both of the Smith boys. McKenna is a huge unknown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MELBOURNE recruit Jake Melksham is set to play his first game in Melbourne colours on Saturday against the Western Bulldogs at Whitten Oval, ending a long wait to take his place in the team.

After being recruited to the Demons at the end of 2015, the 26-year-old was forced to sit out 2016 as one of the 34 past and present Essendon players serving a season-long ban handed down by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

New Demons coach Simon Goodwin said returning to football will be a significant moment for Melksham.

"He's dying to play footy again and wants to get back on the field with teammates and enjoy the game again," Goodwin said.

"He's done an incredible amount of work over the last six months to get himself in this position and I know he's really excited about it."

Four-time premiership player Jordan Lewis is also likely to play his first game for the Demons since crossing over to the club after 264 games with the Hawks while talented rookie Joel Smith, the son of former high-flyer Shaun Smith will also play.

However the club's other recruit, former Essendon defender Michael Hibberd, is expected to line up in the second or third round of the JLT Community Series as he works his way back to full fitness.

Dom Tyson, who hurt his knee during pre-season, and Dean Kent, who has battled back soreness will also miss but should be available later in the pre-season series.

Melksham last played in round 23, 2015 when the Bombers defeated the Magpies by three points at the MCG.

He then joined the Demons on a four-year deal after being traded for pick No.25 in the 2015 NAB AFL Trade Period.

Melksham told melbournefc.com.au recently that playing his first home and away game for Melbourne would be a huge moment for him.

"It does mean more to me now. When something is taken away from you that you love, you don't realise how much you miss it until it's gone," Melksham said.

Best of luck on sat guys, for those that haven't been to Whitten Oval before. Best to catch public transport since parking around the ground is very limited.

Personally reckon Dogs will be at full strength while Melbourne at half strength.

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne
Whitten Oval, Saturday February 18 at 4.40pm AEDT

WESTERN BULLDOGS

2. Robert Murphy, 5. Matthew Boyd, 6. Luke Dahlhaus, 7. Lachlan Hunter, 8. Stewart Crameri, 9. Jake Stringer, 11. Jackson Macrae, 12. Zaine Cordy, 13. Travis Cloke, 15. Tom Campbell, 16. Toby Mclean, 17. Tom Boyd, 18. Fletcher Roberts, 19. Lukas Webb, 20. Josh Dunkley, 21. Tom Liberatore, 22. Mitch Honeychurch, 23. Jordan Roughead, 24. Shane Biggs, 25. Marcus Adams, 26. Declan Hamilton, 31. Bailey Dale, 32. Kieran Collins, 35. Caleb Daniel, 36. Brad Lynch, 38. Dale Morris, 39. Jason Johannisen, 44. Tim English, 46. Lin Jong

Notable absentees:

MELBOURNE
1. Jesse Hogan, 2. Nathan Jones, 3. Christian Salem, 5. Christian Petracca, 6. Jordan Lewis, 7. Jack Viney, 9. Jack Trengove, 10. Angus Brayshaw, 11. Max Gawn, 13. Clayton Oliver, 15. Billy Stretch, 18. Jake Melksham, 20. Colin Garland, 22. Aaron vandenBerg, 23. Bernie Vince, 24. Jay Kennedy-Harris, 25. Tom McDonald, 26. Sam Weideman, 28. Oscar McDonald, 29. Jayden Hunt, 30. Alex Neal-Bullen, 32. Tomas Bugg, 33. Jake Spencer, 36. Jeff Garlett, 37. Dion Johnstone, 42. Josh Wagner, 43. James Harmes, 44. Joel Smith

Thats as strong as we've got available atm the moment I'd have thought. Looks about the same for the Dogs too VitalDread ?

Only 16 of the Premiership 22 named in the squad, so def NOT full strength. Bontempelli, Wood, Picken, Smith notable exceptions, with Wallis, Suckilng, Redpath n/a. Looking forward to a footy "fix" in what should be a competitive hit out. Like your team, we have plenty of competition for spots in the 22, which normally guarantees the players will go full tilt. Interesting to watch how your Mids match up with our boys, and how we set about eliminating too much Hogan influence. Good luck, and pray no injuries !!

Only 16 of the Premiership 22 named in the squad, so def NOT full strength. Bontempelli, Wood, Picken, Smith notable exceptions, with Wallis, Suckilng, Redpath n/a. Looking forward to a footy "fix" in what should be a competitive hit out. Like your team, we have plenty of competition for spots in the 22, which normally guarantees the players will go full tilt. Interesting to watch how your Mids match up with our boys, and how we set about eliminating too much Hogan influence. Good luck, and pray no injuries !!
Are any missing that aren't injured though?

Thats as strong as we've got available atm the moment I'd have thought. Looks about the same for the Dogs too VitalDread ?
yeah we went with a almost full strength side, mainly because it's our home game and we wanna put on a show

The notable outs:

Hibberd, Kent (inj), Tyson (inj), Pedersen, Jetta, Frost, Watts
Midfield at full strength bar Tyson by the looks of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back