List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Houston

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Is there a ruckman that might justify a first rounder this year? Our ruck stocks aren't inspiring.

Bring back Bas

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Unless we lose some one at the end of the season, I don't think we have too many urgent needs. We do need another key defender but I wouldn't be using an early pick on one as he would mainly be a depth player - at best 3rd string to Talia and Lever. We could probably also do with a mid size defender as well an inside mid but these aren't so important as you could make the argument that we need a key forward and good outside mid equally as much.

With this being said a lot can change in a season. Dear and Himmelberg might end the year as defenders or Gallucci and Milera might disappoint. This time last year I would have thought a key forward was most in need but McGovern and Dear both had better seasons than I expected and now a key forward isn't so urgent.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I will leave this prediction here:

If Jackson Edwards looks like a top 15 draft prospect heading into the draft, the AFL will change the father/son rules to make it considerably harder for us to draft him.

That's not very adventurous! You'll have to be much more specific about how you define "looks like a top 15 draft prospect", so that we can hold you to account for your prediction. Too much wriggle room there. ;)

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Unless we lose some one at the end of the season, I don't think we have too many urgent needs. We do need another key defender but I wouldn't be using an early pick on one as he would mainly be a depth player - at best 3rd string to Talia and Lever. We could probably also do with a mid size defender as well an inside mid but these aren't so important as you could make the argument that we need a key forward and good outside mid equally as much.

With this being said a lot can change in a season. Dear and Himmelberg might end the year as defenders or Gallucci and Milera might disappoint. This time last year I would have thought a key forward was most in need but McGovern and Dear both had better seasons than I expected and now a key forward isn't so urgent.
We need a tall contested blue chip mid

Fogarty and O'Brien ( a bit more outside but a jet ) would be my most favoured

Maybe Rayner 3rd if he keeps improving

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's right ! Got a feeling he plays cricket for east Torrens as well
iur

you're gonna give that s**t up, concentrate on g̶o̶l̶f̶ footy

Corey_OTLS

Draftee
Jan 23, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we happen to finish in that 5-8 bracket and there is no bid on Edwards (i see him 10-15) and no bid comes in, one we seriously look at is Hunter Clark.

Crowden is very much worth a look in late draft. Even more so considering the potential loss of picks matching an Edwards bid

Back