Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

They Played 2 first gamers last year Milera and McGovern, Along with relatively inexperienced players, Atkins and Lever, So I don't see a problem, As Pyke will blood more than one if and again if they deserve a spot.
But its is a good point how many new players come into the team first up.
Gallucci and Doedee can due to different positions, Midfield /Forward in Gallucci and a Defending runner in Doedee, Along with relatively inexperienced players in Milera and Knight.

Agree which is why I said comes down to timing and injury, we see some posters predictions are Cheney out and Brown out, I seriously cant see that happening, doedee will have to put in some seriously good efforts to displace Brown, Seedsman, Hampton, Laird, Smith, Mackay even Wigg which all efectively can play HBF, BP he may be a better chance to play taller and hope for Hartigan, Lever or Talia to get injured but I would think they would use Ottens in those positions

Galluci needs to be given a crack at an earlier stage to fast track his development, Midfield is our achilles heal.

Personally think if Galluci plays it means guys like Menzel, Hampton, Seedsman Doedee and Gore are not playing

Which would be disapointing as these guys are yet to be fit/good enough to play regular AFL games and a bit of a waste trading them in and drafting them into the club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

To be fair, we had something of a charmed run with injuries last year. That's part good management, but also good luck. I wouldn't expect our luck to be that good two years in a row. There will be more opportunities for players on the fringes this year, I'd expect..

Agree which is why I said comes down to timing and injury, we see some posters predictions are Cheney out and Brown out, I seriously cant see that happening, doedee will have to put in some seriously good efforts to displace Brown, Seedsman, Hampton, Laird, Smith, Mackay even Wigg which all efectively can play HBF, BP he may be a better chance to play taller and hope for Hartigan, Lever or Talia to get injured but I would think they would use Ottens in those positions

Galluci needs to be given a crack at an earlier stage to fast track his development, Midfield is our achilles heal.
I was one who mentioned Doedee due to Both Brown and Cheney still not training with the main group due to groin surgery and recovery.
Gallucci definite chance to play the first game as he has been tearing it up. He's like VB and young Thommo with his training attitude. The question is for who, Because I will put money on Hampton playing the first game, Barring injury.

I was one who mentioned Doedee due to Both Brown and Cheney still not training with the main group due to groin surgery and recovery.
Gallucci definite chance to play the first game as he has been tearing it up. He's like VB and young Thommo with his training attitude. The question is for who, Because I will put money on Hampton playing the first game, Barring injury.
nah, there are heaps of spots, surely.

here's our team from the Sydney final last year:

FB Luke Brown, Daniel Talia, Rory Laird
HB Brodie Smith, Kyle Hartigan, Jake Lever
C Rory Atkins, Rory Sloane, David Mackay
HF Brad Crouch, Taylor Walker, Charlie Cameron
F Eddie Betts, Josh Jenkins, Tom Lynch

FOL Sam Jacobs, Scott Thompson, Richard Douglas
I/C Kyle Cheney, Jarryd Lyons, Mitch McGovern, Matt Crouch

So we have Brown, Cheney and Brad who have question marks over their fitness, Lyons is gone, Thompson is cooked and Douglas and Mackay did nothing last year to deserve a "first crack" at this season. So that's up to 7 spots available by my reckoning.

HOPEFULLY one of Cheney and Brown are fit and Doedee can take the other's spot. If they're both fit I'd be tempted to play Doedee anyway. Similarly I hope Brad will be fit too, so lets leave him in for now.

Then we have two mid spots to replace Lyons and Thompson, so lets say Hampton and Gallucci get those if they're both tearing up. Not exactly like for likes, but we add a tonne of pace and quality.

then you're left with deciding if Douglas and Mackay can hold out two of Milera, Knight, Seedsman, Menzel, CEY, Wigg, Greenwood or Poholke to which I would say I bloody hope not!

nah, there are heaps of spots, surely.

here's our team from the Sydney final last year:

FB Luke Brown, Daniel Talia, Rory Laird
HB Brodie Smith, Kyle Hartigan, Jake Lever
C Rory Atkins, Rory Sloane, David Mackay
HF Brad Crouch, Taylor Walker, Charlie Cameron
F Eddie Betts, Josh Jenkins, Tom Lynch

FOL Sam Jacobs, Scott Thompson, Richard Douglas
I/C Kyle Cheney, Jarryd Lyons, Mitch McGovern, Matt Crouch

So we have Brown, Cheney and Brad who have question marks over their fitness, Lyons is gone, Thompson is cooked and Douglas and Mackay did nothing last year to deserve a "first crack" at this season. So that's up to 7 spots available by my reckoning.

HOPEFULLY one of Cheney and Brown are fit and Doedee can take the other's spot. If they're both fit I'd be tempted to play Doedee anyway. Similarly I hope Brad will be fit too, so lets leave him in for now.

Then we have two mid spots to replace Lyons and Thompson, so lets say Hampton and Gallucci get those if they're both tearing up. Not exactly like for likes, but we add a tonne of pace and quality.

then you're left with deciding if Douglas and Mackay can hold out two of Milera, Knight, Seedsman, Menzel, CEY, Wigg, Greenwood or Poholke to which I would say I bloody hope not!
Argument sake these guys will be out for variety of reasons:
Brown, Thompson, Lever, Mackay, Lyons, b.Crouch, Douglas

In: Milera, Doedee, Galluci, Hampton, Menzel, Knight, Seedsman

Doedee Hartigan Cheney
Laird Talia Smith
Seedsman Sloane Atkins
Jacobs M.Crouch Hampton
Lynch Walker Cameron
Betts Jenkins McGovern
Knight Milera Galluci Menzel

Depth looks tested if B.Crouch, Lever, Brown, Lyons, Thompson and Douglas out. Id put Douglas in for someoje for a senior body looking at this lineup. Douglas in for Galluci unless he is that good. Otherwise in for Menzel.

Doedee Hartigan Cheney
Laird Talia Smith
Seedsman Sloane Atkins
Jacobs M.Crouch Hampton
Lynch Walker Cameron
Betts Jenkins McGovern

Depth looks tested if B.Crouch, Lever, Brown, Lyons, Thompson and Douglas out. Id put Douglas in for someoje for a senior body looking at this lineup. Douglas in for Galluci unless he is that good. Otherwise in for Menzel.
yeah, like I said ideally Brad is there... if not Douglas would definitely be in the frame and would almost have to be included.

Giants at home is a massive first game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone heard if Gallucci (or any of the other new draftees for that matter) is in line for a game in the first preseason match?

With players ripping hamstrings off the bone every second day they might be edging closer to a hit

Has anyone heard if Gallucci (or any of the other new draftees for that matter) is in line for a game in the first preseason match?

With players ripping hamstrings off the bone every second day they might be edging closer to a hit
Only heard his preparation is ultra professional, so doing everything possible. Club have had to hold him back a little from wanting to do too much.

Reckon we will get a good look at him in the JLT games.

He will need 10,000 runs in the Sheffield shield first, just like all our midfield prospects.

Doedee Hartigan Cheney
Laird Talia Smith
Seedsman Sloane Atkins
Jacobs M.Crouch Hampton
Lynch Walker Cameron
Betts Jenkins McGovern

Can't see Douglas missing early in the year. Will be back in the midfield for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back