Universal Love 2016/2017 Pre-season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheney ?? There is a post on the same page which points out that he was 3rd in the AFL for intercept marks. And he is outmarked too often ??
Yes he is. When he's not intercepting. I.e. often when he's one on one

Good news all round.
Happy, happy, joy, joy.
Knight and Hampton will be in round 1.
Bookmark it
Whilst I wouldn't say joy, in the long run getting games into these guys is going to help when we have a real crack in 2018.

We just don't have the midfield for 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When are the SANFL pre season games? Hopefully Jake and Brad can at the least get one of those in.

The upside is Sloane can still run and put in the grunt work. Should be OK.

Crouch and Lever hamstrings aren't good. Clubs hate hammies in pre-season. Sets you back big time in terms of conditioning.

Agree, it's not ideal as Sloane won't play a JLT series game however he will have a tailored program to get him cherry ripe for round 1 and I expect him to have an impact against GWS

Yes clubs do hate hammies however in Lever's case he has had a solid pre-season and should get in one practice game before round 1

Brad Crouch is the real concern

I am now hoping the club gives the likes of Knight and Hampton a chance to prove themselves in round one but that could depend of their performance in the trial games. Also would you say Ellis Yolmen is a lock in for round 1 or does he have to prove himself in the trial games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back