Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Bicks - America is crumbling to the ground around the most extraordinarily corrupt administration in American history.

How far do you have to dig past that to find someone who worked for Obama five years ago getting a fine?

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Instead of passively-aggressively sniping about it, feel free to actually report the post so i can see it and do something about it.

Or perhaps you're another poster who believes part of a mod's job is to read every post that gets written on this board?
If you're not reading all of mine, you're doing yourself a disservice.

All killer, no filler.

May 20, 2001
Kufa, Iraq
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Banhammer Big House Under 70s

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I am divorced mate. Also I would be the wrong guy to assume is opposed to 2 dad's.

Certainly seen many a heterosexual couple in my line of work that weren't fit enough to raise fish let alone a child. ;)

Obviously kids need a male and female parent.

That's why single parent families are illegal.

Oh, wait ...

Obviously kids need a male and female parent.

That's why single parent families are illegal.

Oh, wait ...

Please don't give the lunatics running the asylum any (more) ideas over here.

Last edited:
I have had several friends mention to me a certain topic that I thought even in these times was out of the question. However, a tweet like this demonizing fellow Americans and labeling them as "enemies" no longer allows me to rule out the possibility of a civil war in this country.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I have had several friends mention to me a certain topic that I thought even in these times was out of the question. However, a tweet like this demonizing fellow Americans and labeling them as "enemies" no longer allows me to rule out the possibility of a civil war in this country.

Yeah, the fact that he is uniting his extremist supporters behind the fact that ALL media is "fake news" is really worrying.

He is pushing a massive divide through the American people. There is a very strong chance it ends in real violence.

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bicks - America is crumbling to the ground around the most extraordinarily corrupt administration in American history.

How far do you have to dig past that to find someone who worked for Obama five years ago getting a fine?
not far at all if the only news outlets you read are Fox and breaking911 I'd assume.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reading a few of the posts on the last few pages had me chuckling. The Great Trumpening (or is it the Great Triggering? :D) is in full effect.

Cue the outrage.
Hook, line and sinker.:p

How long can the wailing and gnashing of teeth in response to Trump being Trump continue? I'm tipping approximately four years, because if they haven't learned by now, they never will.

The Trump in the press conference was the same Trump we've seen every day since mid-2015 when he began his campaign trail. It's the same Trump we've seen in interviews, in rallies, and in press conferences for nearly two years.

And the response from the left, the media, and of course, Hollywood, has been... wait for it... THE SAME AS THE LAST TWO YEARS!

Could they be any dumber?

But hey, keep doin' what works for ya!

^^This is, in a nutshell, is why Trump is so popular with Heartland America. He's doing exactly what he said he would do, and shock horror, he's acting and talking exactly how he acted and talked during his election campaign, which he won.

He's also taking on the mainstream media and the pre-programmed, cringe-inducing entertainment industry pricks who are half the reason he was elected in the first place. And God knows they are all overdue for an ass kicking.

So, the usual suspects can keep wailing about how he isn't articulate in press conferences, about how he doesn't speak presidentially, about how he goes off on tangents, about his extreme indifference to political convention.

His voters don't care. They care that he has balls. And they care that he's the exact same man they voted for.

Last edited:
here's the full thing on youtube if people are keen

He is certainly keen to tackle the media head on.

Could become very entertaining as he realises he cannot control the media like has been used to controlling most things in his life.

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
^^This is, in a nutshell, is why Trump is so popular with Heartland America. He's doing exactly what he said he would do, and shock horror, he's acting and talking exactly how he acted and talked during his election campaign, which he won.
not going to worry about the rest because I more or less agree with all of it - but on this bold point it will be interesting to see what his new healthcare plan to replace the ACA will be and how he's going to "bring the jobs back", among other things.

the number one reason he got so much support in heartland America was because he knew they'd been ignored and promised to make their lives better. They might support the immigration bans and all that too, but he's scored zero from zero attempts to raise their standard of living thus far and he might not have them onside for long if he can't do anything about it.

unfortunately for them though it doesn't look like he really gives a s**t, when the time comes and they're all saying "we're still waiting" he'll be hoping the ground work he's done to destroy the public's trust in the Supreme Court and media will pay dividends.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
not going to worry about the rest because I more or less agree with all of it - but on this bold point it will be interesting to see what his new healthcare plan to replace the ACA will be and how he's going to "bring the jobs back", among other things.

the number one reason he got so much support in heartland America was because he knew they'd been ignored and promised to make their lives better. They might support the immigration bans and all that too, but he's scored zero from zero attempts to raise their standard of living thus far and he might not have them onside for long if he can't do anything about it.

unfortunately for them though it doesn't look like he really gives a s**t, when the time comes and they're all saying "we're still waiting" he'll be hoping the ground work he's done to destroy the public's trust in the Supreme Court and media will pay dividends.

Have been in the US for last two weeks but in Democrat areas - they can't believe how this man can stay President. He will be impreached by his own Party if push comes to shove.

He won't be able to deliver on the jobs in the states that matter (and he only needs to lose Pennyslavania, Michigan and Wisconsin) and he is a gone - let's not even consider Florida and Ohio in the mix.

The mid-terms might be a killer blow - if he loses support (that is the GOP) in both houses.

It truly is like watching a tv show.

It should be pointed out only 54% of eligible voters participated in November.

Being overly generous (since he actually lost popular vote) his support is roughly 1/3 of Americans at best.

1/3 actively voted against him
And 1/3 sat on sidelines.

Those who think his support is either widespread and/or a majority are as delusional as he is.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
It should be pointed out only 54% of eligible voters participated in November.

Being overly generous (since he actually lost popular vote) his support is roughly 1/3 of Americans at best.

1/3 actively voted against him
And 1/3 sat on sidelines.

Those who think his support is either widespread and/or a majority are as delusional as he is.

Nah, we just think the support for him was enough to win a democratic election, like every other president before him.

Quit the mental gymnastics. He has a mandate. Stop crying. You get another crack at it in four years.

I'm not a Trump supporter. I don't agree with his policies. But I do think he might be the catalyst for a big (needed) change in America. Shake the pan hard enough and a few gold nuggets are bound to fall through.

It may not be the worst thing to shine the torch back on the mainstream media. If it makes a few of them think twice before reporting on some "half-truths" then that is good.

The Democrats played it conservatively by putting their support behind Hillary and it backfired big time. Hopefully they don't make the same mistake again.

I feel the US got the President they deserved.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
This is, in a nutshell, is why Trump is so popular with Heartland America. He's doing exactly what he said he would do, and shock horror, he's acting and talking exactly how he acted and talked during his election campaign, which he won.

He's also taking on the mainstream media and the pre-programmed, cringe-inducing entertainment industry pricks who are half the reason he was elected in the first place. And God knows they are all overdue for an ass kicking.

So, the usual suspects can keep wailing about how he isn't articulate in press conferences, about how he doesn't speak presidentially, about how he goes off on tangents, about his extreme indifference to political convention.

His voters don't care. They care that he has balls. And they care that he's the exact same man they voted for.

Oh, Slippery.

I pegged you as something better than yet another Right Wing delicate flower, all too fragile to deal with that "horrible media" who calls Trump on his transparent lies.

After a massive four weeks, Trump has the lowest approval rating of ANY PRESIDENT IN HISTORY at this point.

By playing just to bumble* illiterates, he's alienated the vast majority of Americans, who have been stunned by how disastrous and incompetent he's been.

He won't last four years. The Republicans will use him to get through their unpopular legislation, and when he's served his purpose they'll release everything they know about Trump and the Russians and he'll be indicted. It's so obvious we'll have President Pence.

Mego Red

10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Nah, we just think the support for him was enough to win a democratic election, like every other president before him.

Quit the mental gymnastics. He has a mandate. Stop crying. You get another crack at it in four years.

39% approval rating?

Won three states by a total of 60,000 votes while losing the overall popular vote by 3 million?

A quirk of the system got him elected.

A quirk is not a mandate, it's the bare minimum to get you elected.

He won the election while being widely hated by the clear majority of Americans.

Will be very interesting to see how his narcissistic personality handles the public humiliation of being so widely disrespected.

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
39% approval rating?

Won three states by a total of 60,000 votes while losing the overall popular vote by 3 million?

A quirk of the system got him elected.

A quirk is not a mandate, it's the bare minimum to get you elected.

He won the election while being widely hated by the clear majority of Americans.

Will be very interesting to see how his narcissistic personality handles the public humiliation of being so widely disrespected.
a low approval rating isn't going to get him kicked out of the oval office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back