List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just said he is continuing to commit to us in his livestream, says his decision that he will stay has not changed from last year...

Also said the club didn't give a f#$k about the rumours that he wasn't liked, only external noise that they didn't even mention internally

*these aren't quotes, he didn't swear*

Being captain has to indicate his commitment, there is no way the players would vote in someone with an inkling that he was looking to leave. Happy days.
That's what I reckon. Outsiders can comment on this being some kind of 'strategy' to keep him (what a crazy strategy, have your best player & most qualified candidate take the captaincy after being voted in by his peers...), but I highly doubt any player would vote for him if they thought he already had one foot out the door.

He's too smart to sign too early, he knows his huge earning potential & I have no problem with him taking his time to make sure he gets paid.
I think there's little doubt his preference is to stay - he's pretty straightforward in wanting to make sure everyone's on the same page though so as long as we don't turn into an out of control rabble over the next little while, you'd think he'd be our Captain for years to come.

This is a direct quote from an email sent out by Fyfe today to Freo Members on being made captain.

But in saying that (talking about Pavlich's time as Captain) I want to forge my own path with the leadership. I have no doubt I still have a lot to learn, and I ask the players and fans to be patient in some aspects as I learn on the go. I know at this time next year i'll be in a better position to lead than I am now, and hopefully my leadership will continue to develop four or five years down the track as well.

It's very hard to read anything into that paragraph except that he is looking at a long tenure as captain of Freo and he understands he still has a lot to learn.

All of Fyfe's comments in the last couple of days strongly indicate that he is committed to the club:

"My identity is really wrapped up in the Freo footy club, and as each year goes on I invest more time and effort into helping this club be successful.

"What I've learned is I love playing for Fremantle, and now I get the opportunity to lead the club - and I'm really excited about our future."

Zero chance he intends leaving. A contract will be signed sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, think it's time the mods did the only sensible thing here and end this thread.

Seen all I need to be assured our Nat/Nate/Nathan ain't goin nowhere
Will be really interesting to see/hear about what offers he will receive. I have fears that the big contracts distort playing lists. Buddy went to Sydney for top dollar. Dangerfield to Geelong on a much more reasonable deal.

Since Fyfe's elected captaincy, there is a far more optimisitc feeling of Fyfe remaining at Freo.
I'm sure it was a very important factor for Fyfe.

I'm now very excited by the real prospect of Captain Fyfe producing team inspiring match winning highlights in 2017 and beyond.

All of Fyfe's comments in the last couple of days strongly indicate that he is committed to the club:

"My identity is really wrapped up in the Freo footy club, and as each year goes on I invest more time and effort into helping this club be successful.

"What I've learned is I love playing for Fremantle, and now I get the opportunity to lead the club - and I'm really excited about our future."

Zero chance he intends leaving. A contract will be signed sooner rather than later.

Players aren't going to divulge thoughts about leaving- creates disunity. Doesn't mean he is absent those thoughts. Actions speak. Is he signed? No.

Tom mitchell was saying just days before he went to hawthorn how he loved swans and wanted to stay. To some $ are as important as loyalty. Where fyfe sits on that spectrum is yet to determine though a number of factors influence:

- where freemantle finish this year. Can they rebound? Last year was unexpected crazy where it went.
- capacity to align with a premiership contender AT THE PRICE.

I would love to have Fyfe. The brett kirk connection would help, but I really can't see swans making the space for the deal required- a big name would have to be sacrificed......like Mummy was when Buddy came. Can't see it.

Will be interesting if he holds off signing

Players aren't going to divulge thoughts about leaving- creates disunity. Doesn't mean he is absent those thoughts. Actions speak. Is he signed? No.

Tom mitchell was saying just days before he went to hawthorn how he loved swans and wanted to stay. To some $ are as important as loyalty. Where fyfe sits on that spectrum is yet to determine though a number of factors influence:

- where freemantle finish this year. Can they rebound? Last year was unexpected crazy where it went.

I would love to have Fyfe. The brett kirk connection would help, but I really can't see swans making the space for the deal required- a big name would have to be sacrificed......like Mummy was when Buddy came. Can't see it.

Tom Mitchell wasn't a captain of the club or in the leadership group. A so so player . Also was not a million plus dollar a year player so easier to fit in the salary cap. Poor analogy. You're grasping at straws, Fyfe like Pav will stay and be Captain of Fremantle .

Keep dreaming.

Tom Mitchell wasn't a captain of the club or in the leadership group. A so so player . Also was not a million plus dollar a year player so easier to fit in the salary cap. Poor analogy. You're grasping at straws, Fyfe like Pav will stay and be Captain of Fremantle .

Wasn't comparing Mitchell's ability rather his desire to keep choices quiet whilst maintaining appearances.

If you want a closer parallel then perhaps chris judd moving to carlton. Elite player and captain though toward end of career. It happens.......even captains shift clubs. The captain appointment is likely an attempt to keep him to stay. Also appropriate as he leads by example. Will it? I'm not as confident as you appear.

I will make two predictions:

1) Fyfe will not sign until end of year

2) He will not sign with freemantle if they finish out of top 8.

The way I read it and is only my opinion is that he seeks premiership success and team harmony.

Wasn't comparing Mitchell's ability rather his desire to keep choices quiet whilst maintaining appearances.

If you want a closer parallel then perhaps chris judd moving to carlton. Elite player and captain though toward end of career. It happens.......even captains shift clubs. The captain appointment is likely an attempt to keep him to stay. Also appropriate as he leads by example. Will it? I'm not as confident as you appear.

The way I read it and is only my opinion is that he seeks premiership success and team harmony.
Why can't he get both of those things at "freemantle"

This should be bannable

Love how people just lap up the media spin as if it is fact. He was pretty clear over two years ago that the timing of his extension would be the same as always - mid season in his last contracted season.

He isn't holding off signing because he is looking at other options. He (and his management) are following the process they put in place ages ago.

If he still hasn't signed at end of season then we should be worried but it won't happen. Late last year I thought there was a 10% chance of him leaving. Now I'd say it is 1%. If you look at the facts (ie what Fyfe has actually said not the creative paraphrasing) and omit all the other media BS then it's almost a certainty he'll be staying.

you speak rubbish. Judd left because of Cuz etc. If you're going to use an example of players staying or leaving try Pavlich ,he left his signing's until late in the season, had massive offers from other clubs and stayed as captain. Pav is Fyfe's mentor and Fyfe has stated he wants to emulate Pav's record. Fyfe will stay at Freo no matter where they finish this season, he is on a mission to win a premiership at Freo the same as his mentor in Pav.

This should be bannable
Unfortunately this is the thread where they're allowed to put their stupid. And this poster is as stupid as they come. Stupid people keep ignoring the "player voted" part of the captaincy, and think because he's not signed yet, he's going to go to their club next year. It's the same every single time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back