List Mgmt. The Goldstein Preuss Issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Goldstein Preuss issue will be a big story in 2017.

Preuss is ahead of schedule and pushing best 22, whilst goldy can't play with another ruckman.

We all know how good Goldy can be, at his best he is the best ruckman in the Comp. he is getting older now, and as we look forward should we be looking at our next decade rather then 2017? He still has a lot of value, should we capitalise on that?

Preuss was super impressive today, and will continue to grow throughout 2017. After that performance in the JLT, he will dominate VFL level, and is no longer our best kept secret. Clubs will be sniffing at the end of 2017.

A decision will need to be made end of 2017, otherwise Preuss will leave for opportunity.

One is our current ruckman, one is our future ruckman. This thread is about discussing that handover and when it will happen.

If you don't want to contribute to it, sod off.
Happy to contribute.

One is an athletic beast who has been among the best ruckman for going on a decade. The other just racked up a few possies in a practise game and has not played a game.

There is no choice to make. Goldstein is our current ruckman and nobody has shown they are locks to replace him in 2 or 3 or 5 years from now.

Preuss was blowing up by the end of that game. He's going well but still no where near Goldy. Would be good to see Preuss do a bit again decent opposition too, or even show something up forward.

The best part about this is that it will be burning Goldy up.

Preuss played well today, no question he will be on other clubs radars after that performance.

Where the clubs list is currently at, I would potentially consider taking up a good offer for Goldy at the end of the year.

Preuss played well today, no question he will be on other clubs radars after that performance.

Where the clubs list is currently at, I would consider taking up a good offer.

For whom?

Developing decent rucks seems to be a good way to get decent draft picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suggesting we should trade Goldstein for picks is an opinion; one I disagree with, but I see the reasoning.

But the suggestion that Preuss is ready to challenge him for a spot in the team is not realistic.
I think it's more forecasting that by years end preuss should be able to fill the void to a decent extent should we trade Goldy plus the picks we get for Goldy giving us an overall net increase in 2018 and beyond

Probably our last chance to get a set of quality picks for him, to help set the club up for the next decade.
Ballsy and i think it would be something North would be silly not to even look at.
For the exact reasons u have given and what we could possibly get in return.

Last edited:
Suggesting we should trade Goldstein for picks is an opinion; one I disagree with, but I see the reasoning.

But the suggestion that Preuss is ready to challenge him for a spot in the team is not realistic.

Yeah look I haven't said, nor do I think, that Preuss is ready to challenge Goldy for a spot. I think anyone that says that would be an idiot.

We are talking from a list management perspective, how Goldy and Preuss should be managed, and what is best for the club going forward.

One is our current ruckman, one is our future ruckman. This thread is about discussing that handover and when it will happen.

If you don't want to contribute to it, sod off.

You want to trade Goldstein based on Preuss beating up on a kid in a preseason game?

Do you not remember Dan Currie owning Geelong in the same circumstances a few seasons ago?

Short term memories on this board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back