Other Ways To Watch AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a way.

Download a program called Kodi. It's an open source program commonly used for watching movies and tv shows.

There is an add on for it for AFL video. You can put your Telstra details into it. Once you do that you can watch the live matches through it.

You can then plug that into your TV if you are able to. Or, you could buy a cheap Android box with Kodi on it and do the same thing.

I watched it that way last night.
Total tech noob here, mind PMing the name of the add-on?

As an aside, is there a Collingwood v Essendon preseason 1 replay circulating? From what I recall one of the posters on here posted each game into a bigfooty thread. If someone such a link has been posted for the first preseason game, I'd love to see it.
You can find it on YouTube now. There's at least a couple of versions of the game available. Just search for "youtube collingwood v essendon 2017" and you should find them easily.

I haven't seen it yet as I don't have Foxtel and my normally reliable "source" didn't work out the other night. Last night's game was also meant to be shown but for whatever reason it wasn't.

Looks like I won't be watching much AFL this season.

Last year I feasted on the AFL.com free match replays.

Having no interest in paying for Foxtel or a lackluster Live Pass service my games viewed count is going to plummet.

--
As an aside, is there a Collingwood v Essendon preseason 1 replay circulating? From what I recall one of the posters on here posted each game into a bigfooty thread. If someone such a link has been posted for the first preseason game, I'd love to see it.
Dave already posted it in the Autopsy thread.

Afl
You can find it on YouTube now. There's at least a couple of versions of the game available. Just search for "youtube collingwood v essendon 2017" and you should find them easily.

I haven't seen it yet as I don't have Foxtel and my normally reliable "source" didn't work out the other night. Last night's game was also meant to be shown but for whatever reason it wasn't.
Afl Live also replaying game/s.

Having no interest in paying for Foxtel or a lackluster Live Pass service my games viewed count is going to plummet.

--
Mate just get a Kodi Android box, not too difficult to setup but you can watch all the games on your tv live if you have an AFL live pass. Also you can watch replays of every game right back to 2012. Just YouTube what Kodi is to give you an idea.

On Pixel XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate just get a Kodi Android box, not too difficult to setup but you can watch all the games on your tv live if you have an AFL live pass. Also you can watch replays of every game right back to 2012. Just YouTube what Kodi is to give you an idea.

Yep I just upgraded my android box to this one. It's a beauty
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XGODY-3-...e-Dual-Wifi-KODI-17-0-Fully-Load/381932701853
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XGODY-3-...e-Dual-Wifi-KODI-17-0-Fully-Load/381932701853
By the way you can get Kodi for windows or even IOS if you want to. Got it on my pc & on my ipad. So I have everything covered no matter where I am.

Another option is to convince Pendles to tape an iPhone / Android phone to his forehead and livestream the game from his perspective via FB or whatever.

watchafl.com.au is only for customers outside of Australia. You could use a VPN to watch this but without a VPN you will not be allowed to view it. VPN's generally slow your connection a little as well but if you have 10mbps plus, you should be ok with the right VPN service. I haven't tried UnoDNS or similar DNS work around methods with this site but I dare say they will not work because watchafl.com.au will not be in their database.

I've been using a smart dns in conjuction with the watchafl site over the preseason and it hasn't missed a beat.
Doesn't have to send traffic off shore and then back like a VPN does so speed should be just as fast as if you were streaming it from an Australian server.

In general, the choices we have in this country to watch this sport are bloody horrible!!

I have my old man's foxtel go account but NO, can't use chromecast.
You can get Foxtel go on the pc but of course, Fox footy channel is blocked on the PC.

It's a joke to be honest!!

I was nearly going to sign up to Foxtel Play until I realised how dirty that would be.

You can get Foxtel go on the pc but of course, Fox footy channel is blocked on the PC.
That used to be the case but not anymore. You can get Fox Footy through Foxtel Go on your PC nowadays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foxtel has taken over the watchafl streaming service, so you get the fox footy 24/7 channel, replays of afl shows (On the couch, Open Mike...) and all games of course. Should be interesting.
Never thought I'd be saying this but so far stream Quality with fox very average when co pared to last year with Telstra. Too late to hand back the rights to Telstra?

--

If you are employed as a sports writer, surely a foxtel subscription with sports package would be a tax deduction. You need a new accountant:eek:

you're kidding me... how?!
Its no longer blocked as of this year. I think there was some agreement struck late last year with Telstra and Foxtel.

Currently broadcast in SD but i read somewhere that by Rd 1 they aim to stream HD to the Foxtel Go app, which will be good if you connect it to your TV as long as it doesn't buffer heaps

Its no longer blocked as of this year. I think there was some agreement struck late last year with Telstra and Foxtel.

Currently broadcast in SD but i read somewhere that by Rd 1 they aim to stream HD to the Foxtel Go app, which will be good if you connect it to your TV as long as it doesn't buffer heaps

It's super confusing.

They now have Foxtel Go and Foxtel Play.

At the moment and as far as I'm aware, Foxtel Go can be used as a "second room" via phones, tablets and the PC app.
Fox Footy was/is only accessible on the phone/tablets and no casting was allowed (You couldn't even cast your screen let alone the direct video).
If you tried to watch Fox Footy on the pc app, it would say it wasn't available on that platform.

Foxtel Play is a seperate app that allows you to pay "discounted" rates for Foxtel so that you can watch it via devices that are not TVs - ie Xbox, Playstation etc. You cannot use your Foxtel Go account and have to have a completely new subscription to watch (Approx $39 a month for essentials and sports).

So... What you're saying now is that I can use Foxtel Go on my PC and they've unlocked the Fox Footy channel? Are you sure it's not Foxtel Play?

It's super confusing.

They now have Foxtel Go and Foxtel Play.

At the moment and as far as I'm aware, Foxtel Go can be used as a "second room" via phones, tablets and the PC app.
Fox Footy was/is only accessible on the phone/tablets and no casting was allowed (You couldn't even cast your screen let alone the direct video).
If you tried to watch Fox Footy on the pc app, it would say it wasn't available on that platform.

Foxtel Play is a seperate app that allows you to pay "discounted" rates for Foxtel so that you can watch it via devices that are not TVs - ie Xbox, Playstation etc. You cannot use your Foxtel Go account and have to have a completely new subscription to watch (Approx $39 a month for essentials and sports).

So... What you're saying now is that I can use Foxtel Go on my PC and they've unlocked the Fox Footy channel? Are you sure it's not Foxtel Play?
100% foxtel Go. My parents have Foxtel at their place, i use their subscription to give me Foxtel Go through my PC. There are two football channels on the app now, one is fox footy+ and I cant remember what the other was off the top of my head. But i simply clicked that stream for the JTL games and plugged the laptop in via HDMI to the TV. Simple, Done!

Previosly they had the blackout but I read an article here saying its no longer blacked out for the 2017 season.Read this article below, thE new broadcast deal starts 2017 hence why its now avalible on foxtel go.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...n/news-story/c5a5c857a4b02f8b1790b30e4dfba55d

100% foxtel Go. My parents have Foxtel at their place, i use their subscription to give me Foxtel Go through my PC. There are two football channels on the app now, one is fox footy+ and I cant remember what the other was off the top of my head. But i simply clicked that stream for the JTL games and plugged the laptop in via HDMI to the TV. Simple, Done!

Previosly they had the blackout but I read an article here saying its no longer blacked out for the 2017 season.Read this article below, thE new broadcast deal starts 2017 hence why its now avalible on foxtel go.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...n/news-story/c5a5c857a4b02f8b1790b30e4dfba55d

You have 100% made my f@#$ day sir... "Free" footy ( Thanks Dad!! :p ) for me!

Not to mention I can also watch the F1 on my projector instead of on a 4" mobile screen!!

Oh man I would love the shield, little expensive for a Kodi box unless you love gaming.

I justified the cost because I spent $1,200 on building a HTPC a while back. The Shield is a much better experience and the WAF is high. Using apps is much easier than running a PC which can have 100 things go wrong with it day to day.

The gaming side didn't even come into for me. It was simply a case of what will do the job the best and is from a reputable brand. I've also tried a Roku, but it didn't cut it for my needs (it also doesn't run Kodi).

I justified the cost because I spent $1,200 on building a HTPC a while back. The Shield is a much better experience and the WAF is high. Using apps is much easier than running a PC which can have 100 things go wrong with it day to day.

The gaming side didn't even come into for me. It was simply a case of what will do the job the best and is from a reputable brand. I've also tried a Roku, but it didn't cut it for my needs (it also doesn't run Kodi).
Yer I got a Roku 3 when I first got into Kodi and then realised you can't use Kodi on it lol.
Need to get 1 more box though, thinking of getting the fire TV box from Amazon. Seems to go ok from all reviews but can't get them here which means no AC adaptor! I'll just have to get a converter and use the US plug

Remove this Banner Ad

Back