Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Another job at the AFC. Not a boys club one it seems ;)

From SEEK

Digital Engagement Manager

Reporting to the General Manager - Media & Communications, the Digital Engagement Manager will manage a team of three digital professionals.

The key responsibilities of this role include: -

• Lead, drive and inspire the direction and delivery of the Club's digital strategy;
  • Provide innovative digital insights and input to the role of data and technology to ensure greater understanding of the supporter-base;
  • Drive data acquisition and generate initiatives and campaigns which bring successful commercial outcomes across the entire operation;
  • Oversee the design and maintenance of the Club's website and social media platform, and ensure compliance with relevant media agreements;
  • Supervise and coordinate the production of content for the entire digital platform, including Club online publications;
  • Manage and monitor the workflow of the digital team through regular contact and communication.
To be successful in this position, you will possess the following skills and experience:

• Proven experience in driving and delivering a digital strategy;
  • Experience and knowledge of innovative customer engagement using latest digital technologies;
  • Ability to set targets, monitor and measure performance of a digital engagement program.
  • Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders in corporate, government and not for profit sectors;
  • Strong leadership skills - previously managed and mentored a digital team;
  • Passion for sport / AFL is preferred.
After-hours work and interstate travel is required, and the ability to work on all home match days is essential.
Drugs Are Bad Mackay?

jeez I was looking back and didn't realise just how much went wrong for us heading into the 2006 preliminary final and during the match. Sorry to re open the past and how painful it was but here's everything that went wrong just in case you weren't aware.

Missing from 06 prelim
Kris Massie
Mark Ricciuto- 44 goals during 06
Trent Hentschel- 42 goals during 06
Ken Mcgregor- 21 goals during 06
Ben Hart

During Match issues

Rhett Biglands off early with injury forcing 33 year old Matthew Clarke to ruck for duration of match against 25 year old Dean Cox at his peak.

Bock playing up forward instead of down back

Scott Welsh 1 goal, Jason Porplyzia Nil goals, Ian Perrie Nil goals, Scott Thompson Nil goals, Brent Reilly 0.2 and Brett Burton 2.3

Such a shame that we had such bad luck with injury and form at the most crucial time of the season, I have no doubt we would have won the 2006 finals if it wasn't for all of that. Not too mentioned playing a drugged up West Coast. Sorry again but just never realised the extent of our bad luck in 2006

jeez I was looking back and didn't realise just how much went wrong for us heading into the 2006 preliminary final and during the match. Sorry to re open the past and how painful it was but here's everything that went wrong just in case you weren't aware.

Missing from 06 prelim
Kris Massie
Mark Ricciuto- 44 goals during 06
Trent Hentschel- 42 goals during 06
Ken Mcgregor- 21 goals during 06
Ben Hart

During Match issues

Rhett Biglands off early with injury forcing 33 year old Matthew Clarke to ruck for duration of match against 25 year old Dean Cox at his peak.

Bock playing up forward instead of down back

Scott Welsh 1 goal, Jason Porplyzia Nil goals, Ian Perrie Nil goals, Scott Thompson Nil goals, Brent Reilly 0.2 and Brett Burton 2.3

Such a shame that we had such bad luck with injury and form at the most crucial time of the season, I have no doubt we would have won the 2006 finals if it wasn't for all of that. Not too mentioned playing a drugged up West Coast. Sorry again but just never realised the extent of our bad luck in 2006
I thought Biglands got injured either just before half time or in the 3rd quarter. We were ahead by 17 points? ( memory ) at half time?

Yes its interesting looking back and it seems that lack of a good tap ruck led to the goals drying up

I thought Biglands got injured either just before half time or in the 3rd quarter. We were ahead by 17 points? ( memory ) at half time?

Yes its interesting looking back and it seems that lack of a good tap ruck led to the goals drying up
Yeah you could be right, it is such a shame we had such bad luck. I definitely feel Biglands was the biggest key missing that year like you said a good tap ruck led to less goals.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just before half time, VB took him out.

Nigel Smart has been tweeting about e-sports a little bit lately

It seems so out of place.

I wonder if the club is researching e-sports as an income source, potentially owning an e-sports team.

There will be a huge amount of money made in e-sports over the next 20 years.

Can you summarize E-sports for me please. :)

Though reading between the lines I assume its Fantasy based leagues that then have placed bets on using bitcoin or something similar?

No, it's teams that play video games professionally. Play in tournaments for large sums of prize money and sponsorships. It's becoming a trendy thing to invest in, even Shaq owns his own team in the US.

I wonder if the club is researching e-sports as an income source, potentially owning an e-sports team.

I wonder if Nigel's on his way out.

Nigel's surely been hacked or maybe the effects of David King's 98 GF bump are continuing to surface in weird ways

Can you summarize E-sports for me please. :)

Though reading between the lines I assume its Fantasy based leagues that then have placed bets on using bitcoin or something similar?
I can't wait for the time when we have to eat virtual food. Virtual everything is coming. I know some people who already take virtual showers.

I can't wait for the time when we have to eat virtual food. Virtual everything is coming. I know some people who already take virtual showers.
Just leave my E-Girlfriend alone

Sounds dumb

It's a billion dollar industry that has consistently grown by about 50% every year for the last 5 years.

There are massive companies in the tech industry and e-sports teams are the perfect thing for them to sponsor.

I think a lot of the growth of e-sports in the last 5 years is because it doesn't get influenced by corrupt administrators, doesn't have biased umpires, doesn't have drug cheats and isn't going to get destroyed by (fear of) concussion lawsuits.

The problem with it is it's not a sport that promotes fitness so most of it's "athletes" are not real marketable as individuals.

Amazon bought twitch.tv for $1bil in 2014 because they think it will eventually become the largest sporting industry in the world and they want to be the world's broadcaster of it.

It's a billion dollar industry that has consistently grown by about 50% every year for the last 5 years.

There are massive companies in the tech industry and e-sports teams are the perfect thing for them to sponsor.

I think a lot of the growth of e-sports in the last 5 years is because it doesn't get influenced by corrupt administrators, doesn't have biased umpires, doesn't have drug cheats and isn't going to get destroyed by (fear of) concussion lawsuits.

The problem with it is it's not a sport that promotes fitness so most of it's "athletes" are not real marketable as individuals.

Amazon bought twitch.tv for $1bil in 2014 because they think it will eventually become the largest sporting industry in the world and they want to be the world's broadcaster of it.
E-Sports is huge. Massive. More dollars and viewers than most sporting competitions. Teams are getting multi-million sponsorship deals and win enormous amounts of prize money.
Doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but good luck to them I suppose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back