Analysis Fantasy questions - AFL Fantasy, SC and DT ask here!

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Hi. Harry Perryman is a mid /defender. He is a nice composed player who should be a solid fantasy and real life player. Is he any chance of getting a game?

Wouldn't have thought so - certainly not early. Maybe a couple later in the year. Put him in a keeper league for next year but he won't earn you much this year I would have thought.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi guys, your thoughts are appreciated.

Strongly considering Dev Smith as a fwd POD, particularly over someone like Heeney who seems a popular player I'm happy to take on.

What role he look like playing and what scoring you expect across the season? Also what scores would you expect as a worst case if he was more fwd and best case if higher up? Has he had a full pre season?

Cheers

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Hi guys, your thoughts are appreciated.

Strongly considering Dev Smith as a fwd POD, particularly over someone like Heeney who seems a popular player I'm happy to take on.

What role he look like playing and what scoring you expect across the season? Also what scores would you expect as a worst case if he was more fwd and best case if higher up? Has he had a full pre season?

Cheers
Plays like a old fashioned running half forward flanker. Depends how Leon chooses to aler the side to fit Lachie Whitfields absence and Deledio coming in, but could play wing/outside mid at least for the start of the season without surprising.
30-50 goals, bottom end if he's more up the ground feeding targets.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey guys, who generally plays on the best small/medium forwad from opposition team?

For instance in round 2, i can see Shaw playing on Ablett and scoring very poorly.

Hey guys, who generally plays on the best small/medium forwad from opposition team?

For instance in round 2, i can see Shaw playing on Ablett and scoring very poorly.
Williams is probably #1, Wilson #2 and Shaw last, unless someone is dominating the others.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
ch
Plays like a old fashioned running half forward flanker. Depends how Leon chooses to aler the side to fit Lachie Whitfields absence and Deledio coming in, but could play wing/outside mid at least for the start of the season without surprising.
30-50 goals, bottom end if he's more up the ground feeding targets.
cheers, if anyone else has any more thoughts to add, much appreciated. He's one possibly pick I'm really torn over

Hi Guys, I am organising a AFL Fantasy and SC league with one person representing each AFL club. If any GWS supporters are keen to join one or both competitions can you inbox me and I will send you an invite code. I will edit this post if one or both spots has been filled.

EDIT: SC has been filled. AFL Fantasy still open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I know your midfield is already stacked but how much time will Josh Kelly get in the middle after his performance against the Eagles? I have the feeling he's in for a big year...
I reckon he will get a fair bit of time in the middle. He has slowly worked through sub/bench, forward, outside mid to getting more inside minutes last year ... so I think he will rotate through the middle even more this year. Looking forward to him having a great year. :thumbsu:

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
P
I reckon he will get a fair bit of time in the middle. He has slowly worked through sub/bench, forward, outside mid to getting more inside minutes last year ... so I think he will rotate through the middle even more this year. Looking forward to him having a great year. :thumbsu:
Plus he wants to be in there inside as much as outside. He'll get his wish I think.

Taranto ti firm for round 1 if he keeps his form up from the first game? In addition, if he plays well is there any JS?
Every chance to play, but he has existing competition for spots.
JS pretty low for the guys taking the last half a dozen spots or so in our best 22

brockbruiser

All Australian
Sep 15, 2007
Tassie
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Guys,

I know Hopper has had some surgery, any idea when he's back playing again? also is he best 22? I reckon he'll be a fantasy jet in years to come!

Cheers

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Hey Guys,

I know Hopper has had some surgery, any idea when he's back playing again? also is he best 22? I reckon he'll be a fantasy jet in years to come!

Cheers

Club are easing him back. If he's not listed for the next JLT game then he won't play Rd 1.

As for best 22, if fit he's in the mix (particularly with Steele gone) but Taranto may threaten.

big78sam

All Australian
Oct 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
A question on matt kennedy. Im in a keeper league and am having discussion with a coach on a trade for draft picks. Our draft containing the 2016 draft class is in a week. Its hard to rate him against the 2016 draft picks. How do you rate him as a keeper league prospect? If you had a choice of him or setterfield, which way would you go? I have no interest in this year, thinking in 3 or 4 years time. Not an easy question, i know...

Raymann

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
A question on matt kennedy. Im in a keeper league and am having discussion with a coach on a trade for draft picks. Our draft containing the 2016 draft class is in a week. Its hard to rate him against the 2016 draft picks. How do you rate him as a keeper league prospect? If you had a choice of him or setterfield, which way would you go? I have no interest in this year, thinking in 3 or 4 years time. Not an easy question, i know...
Setterfield every day of the week

MRZPS

Debutant
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton F.C
Hi guys,
Thoughts on Devon Smith? Not liking a lot of the premium forward fantasy options at the moment, a lot of them are also round 11 bye players which isn't helpful. He has a pretty good fantasy record against your first 5 opponents and I thought with Whitfield and delideo out he might be the guy that gets the time on the wing with Greene/Stevie J the smaller forwards. Do you think he can get back to 2015 form? He didn't look 100% last year and missed a fair bit of footy

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Hi guys,
Thoughts on Devon Smith? Not liking a lot of the premium forward fantasy options at the moment, a lot of them are also round 11 bye players which isn't helpful. He has a pretty good fantasy record against your first 5 opponents and I thought with Whitfield and delideo out he might be the guy that gets the time on the wing with Greene/Stevie J the smaller forwards. Do you think he can get back to 2015 form? He didn't look 100% last year and missed a fair bit of footy

He's in the mix - in his favour is his continuation in the leadership group, but will face competition from someone like Matt Kennedy.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Hi guys,

His form was down late 2015 and early this year. After surgery he came back better and I thought he finished the year well. Ellie knows what she's talking about but I would have thought chance to take Lachie Whitfields wing spot if his half spot is pressured by Deledio.

Back