AFL AFL - women's league & JLT Community Series

Netball is the only game that you have stop as soon as you get the ball, how stupid is that, AFLW for me.

........but netball is so higher scoring than AFLW.

langdon19

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2008
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
West Coast have 2 games left opposed to freo's 3. They left their best mids and forwards behind last week. They will surely give them a run in preparation for round one.
West Coast may name a stronger squad and are a better team. One unit at $1.83

Dadadadaaaaaa

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Carlton will win the women's league, hope you have all got your $20 on that. Their a good price too (3rd favorite) I know it is so soon but you need to look at the factors, Carlton came within a kick of the premiership favourites Adelaide in Adelaide, Brisbane haven't played good opposition yet and still have Carlton, Adelaide and Western Bulldogs to come. Carlton has the best player (Vescio), the best home ground advantage (Princes Park), the best defence, not to mention the grand final will be played in Melbourne and no other Melbourne based club looks like they will make the grand final.

I may have egg on my face for saying this, Carlton will win the first women's Premiership (and may finish in the bottom 4 in the men's ;))

Carlton will win the women's league, hope you have all got your $20 on that. Their a good price too (3rd favorite) I know it is so soon but you need to look at the factors, Carlton came within a kick of the premiership favourites Adelaide in Adelaide, Brisbane haven't played good opposition yet and still have Carlton, Adelaide and Western Bulldogs to come. Carlton has the best player (Vescio), the best home ground advantage (Princes Park), the best defence, not to mention the grand final will be played in Melbourne and no other Melbourne based club looks like they will make the grand final.

I may have egg on my face for saying this, Carlton will win the first women's Premiership (and may finish in the bottom 4 in the men's ;))
You do know if Adelaide win out, the grand final is in Adelaide

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Carlton will lose again this week. Bri Davey is a better footballer than Vescio and is out for two weeks.

I thought the AFL said that the Women's GF would be the curtain raiser to Essendon-Hawthorn round 1 game?
That was only if the GF was hosted by a Victorian team.

Maveric

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Adelaide even money vs Ricmond Friday night. Are the crows going to take an underage squad to Etihad.
No Delidio no Richmond?
Thoughts?
na flip a coin. Went large on Richmond before teams were announced, as Adelaide were supposed to field an inexperienced team, but it looks a little stronger on paper than what I was expecting. Our midfield should be much stronger, but their forward line terrifies me, especially with Rance out.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lel chucked $50 on Trengove to kick 3+ tonight @18 power played to $23 now it's down to $10

can you find markets for Krakeour anywhere?

Edit* Best I found was FGS (match) at 41 and 11 the place.(WH/Palmer)

Moved full time forward pocket and kicked 3 in the intraclub.

Last edited:

langdon19

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2008
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Is it ok to do a middle with the same bookie if they have shifted the line?
Or should you use a different one even if the odds are not as good

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Ive loaded up on the tigers tonight lucky i didnt with the swans. Hate going the favourites in the preseason.

But crows literally have no midfield. Jenkins likely to not play entire game aswell although the same could be said for J.Riewoldt.

If games are won in the middle than Cotchin, Caddy, Dusty, Prestia, B.Ellis, Mcintosh, Miles should do a number on M.Crouch, Hampton, Wigg, Mckay, Douglas, CEY and Atkins

Martin, Griffiths, Rioli, J.Riewoldt, S.Edwards, Lloyd should be enough fire power to kick a score.

Just need the defense to somehow contain the crows fwds to some degree mainly concerned about Eddie Betts/Mcgovern. Talla take time to get into the groove and Astbury is capable of shutting down down a Tex Walker.

Is it ok to do a middle with the same bookie if they have shifted the line?
Or should you use a different one even if the odds are not as good

Would advise against doing it with the same book.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ive loaded up on the tigers tonight lucky i didnt with the swans. Hate going the favourites in the preseason.

But crows literally have no midfield. Jenkins likely to not play entire game aswell although the same could be said for J.Riewoldt.

If games are won in the middle than Cotchin, Caddy, Dusty, Prestia, B.Ellis, Mcintosh, Miles should do a number on M.Crouch, Hampton, Wigg, Mckay, Douglas, CEY and Atkins

Martin, Griffiths, Rioli, J.Riewoldt, S.Edwards, Lloyd should be enough fire power to kick a score.

Just need the defense to somehow contain the crows fwds to some degree mainly concerned about Eddie Betts/Mcgovern. Talla take time to get into the groove and Astbury is capable of shutting down down a Tex Walker.
What odds did you get ?? I hate the pre-season games. The coaches play silly buggers with their side, so Richmond could easily jump out to a comfortable lead and then mix up the magnets and completely change the tone of the game. Exactly what happened last night after the Saints dominated Port for a quarter and a half. In your favour, Adelaide's defence is also considerably weaker tonight than what it will be come round 1.

Back