Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy John

Senior List
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Last year, the Cats were the most improved side in the competition, having jumped 8 spots on the ladder from the previous year.

This year, they will be looking to take the next two steps - making a grand final and then winning it.

Zach Tuohy and Aaron Black have arrived at the Cattery, and Jackson Thurlow is back from injury.

Tuohy and Thurlow fix the issue of ball movement out of the defensive 50, and Black provides an extra dimension to the forward 50 setup.

The Cats have a strong winning culture, and with a core of players that includes J Selwood, Hawkins, Taylor, Lonergan, Duncan and Mackie - these blokes know what it takes to win flags.

Write the Cats off at your own peril is all that I can say.

Personally I believe they will be the biggest roadblock standing in the way of the Bulldogs quest for back to back flags.

Do you rate the Cats for 2017 and how do you like their chances of winning their 4th flag in 11 years?

They're becoming thin on talent. Outside of Dangerfield, Selwood and Hawkins, they don't have much else. If Taylor and Lonergan can keep performimg at a high standard, I'd have them in the bottom part of the 8. If not, I'd say outside of the 8. High competition for spots in the 8 this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put your glasses down - very little chance of winning the flag. It was 2016 or nothing.
Just watched on the news the cats are following some wrestling techniques from Chuck Norris. If it is good enough for Chuck..................................... Tipping the Cats to win the flag, and reckon it would be good to get Chuck to present the cup to them.

The Cats have a strong winning culture, and with a core of players that includes J Selwood, Hawkins, Taylor, Lonergan, Duncan and Mackie - these blokes know what it takes to win flags.
Dangerfield already forgotten?!

Geelong should do well if they avoid Sydney in the finals
Off topic, but I was at a function last week in Sydney and Josh Kennedy addressed the audience. He admitted the Swans choked in the GF......not the first time.

Back on topic, Swans are not quite Geelong's bogey side, but another loss like the PF and you'd say they are.

I have them finishing 9th but considering I had Sydney, Adelaide and North all missing finals last season take that wih a grain of salt.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Off topic, but I was at a function last week in Sydney and Josh Kennedy addressed the audience. He admitted the Swans choked in the GF......not the first time.

Back on topic, Swans are not quite Geelong's bogey side, but another loss like the PF and you'd say they are.
As captain of his club, I very much doubt he admitted that to a public audience.

As captain of his club, I very much doubt he admitted that to a public audience.
He didn't use the word "choke", but 120 men drew that inference from what he said. Were you there?

I thought his honesty was refreshing

There's a reason why I didn't include him in that list.

What do all the players that I listed have in common with each other?
My bad...should have read the last bit of your sentence!

He didn't use the word "choke", but 120 men drew that inference from what he said. Were you there?

I thought his honesty was refreshing
Fair enough Stew, I just didn't think he would use the word choke. But I wasnt there and wouldnt know what he inferred. I dont think they choked, just reckon it was the dogs time and they would have beaten anyone, the football they were playing in the last month was s**t hot. I dont think Sydney are Geelongs bogey side. In my view GWS, Sydney, Geelong and Bulldogs are the best 4 teams in it and any one of those sides is easily capable of beating the other one on any given day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back