No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laugh if you like, but I call bullshit. If you can't get fit during the season, then players who are injured pre-season may as well not play at all. I could have started a fitness program in June and be fitter than these guys are now.
Damn i am the only one that see your point.;)

Poor fitness was apparent round 1 and has only gotten worse as the season has worn on (and as JMT has said the PS has put them well behind).

There is absolutely no spread. Players look up and have no one to kick to. Then we start the chippy chippy around the defensive 50 (very slowly) allowing opposition to build a wall (and/or their defensive structures). We either turn it over (for an opposition goal) or nearly turn it over (leading to a game of hot potatoe hot potatoe). Also accentuating the problem is that some young players haven't yet built an AFL tank (ie Apeness, Tucker & Blakely - this will come with increased game time, see Weller).

I agree that our structure ahead of the ball especially from defence is a concern. When our players look up there only ever seems to be one or two outlets to kick to, and because we flood so deep there's never a chance to capitalise on turn over. The plan this year seems to be to kick it long to a wing, make a contest, get numbers there and bring it back through the middle. It just simply doesn't work because we don't have key forward good enough to win that contested mark and again we flood too deep for anyone to get front and centre to that contest. The other plan that I've seen more lately is the soccer slow styled chip around centre back and try to cut your way through the zone, again this plan fails because we don't have the skills to execute the plan and it doesn't work at Subi. The Hawthorn coaching staff was meant to help with our midfield/forward structure and ball movement but for some reason it hasn't worked. I feel you could blame it on our kicking skills (which are definitely a problem) but I feel not having a good structure ahead of the ball or system is just as big of a concern. Why aren't our players making space for each other? why do we never have decent options to kick to? I feel if we sort the problems out ahead of the ball our defenders will gain confidence in what to do on turnover and coming out of defensive which will consequently help our kicking efficiency.

Now talk of trading Fyfe for draft picks just like the talk of trading Pav for draft picks when we were shyte in 2009.

Silly season has hit Freo again. Glad not to be in the midst of conversations from fans on the streets.

Now talk of trading Fyfe for draft picks just like the talk of trading Pav for draft picks when we were shyte in 2009.

Silly season has hit Freo again. Glad not to be in the midst of conversations from fans on the streets.

I've honestly not really heard anyone on the streets talking about it. It's mainly media gossip. Mind you, I'm on prac at the moment so I'm not really out and about the past 3 weeks.

4 year rebuild!!

I'm hoping Ross is just saying this to keep pressure off the players and himself. Honestly making the top 8 isn't hard, when you're given a 50% chance!!

4 year rebuild!!

I'm hoping Ross is just saying this to keep pressure off the players and himself. Honestly making the top 8 isn't hard, when you're given a 50% chance!!
Hints is freo will rather draft than pick up reserve players from other team, obviously exclude cam mac who in actual case without a team.

I wonder this thread will get frozen if Mayne get freo second pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 year rebuild!!

Love the media beat up on that comment. Channel 7 did a little report on that remark. I'm sure internally there's a plan to be back in the top 8 by 2018 at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back