List Mgmt. Fyfe - Signed until 2023!!

Remove this Banner Ad

So it does really all come down to how good they are going up until signing time and whether he thinks the future groundwork is solid enough to stay

Good ploy i reckon, He wouldn't want to sign long term and end up ruining his F7 branding if success is not in the near future

So much riding on this season!
Thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious :thumbsu:

Otherwise us plebs wouldn't have understood what he's been spouting the past 12 months.

Thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious :thumbsu:

Otherwise us plebs wouldn't have understood what he's been spouting the past 12 months.

Most have been spout the tune that he won't go because he likes home

He has to choose between home and success, don't think he can have both

I still think he will choose home

He has said he wants success first and foremost and I don't believe he'd re-sign if he didn't like what he saw at Fremantle. He's going to be well paid wherever he goes. I don't think home/WA comes into calculations. I think he'd happily move to Vic for success.

Success will rule out WC then.

We'd have nothing to offer for him besides success really.

Going to take one hell of a success bases sales pitch to lure him away from Freo and a really good one from the list managers and Ross to keep in

Where do you all think his personal F7 branding fits into it? So many success based what if's

Success is such an elusive thing - look at Nathan Buckley, left Brisbane for success at Collingwood just before the Brisbane 3-peat.

I know you are just being a typical Eagles supporter in saying he can't have success staying at home, but I used to follow Brisbane right from when they were the Bears and I never thought success would come when it did. In 2011 or even early 2012 I felt we (Dockers) were further from a flag than we are now, and we got painfully close in 2013.

All I think Fyfe needs to see is that we are progressing in an upward direction with the POSSIBILITY of success and he will stay. I have no doubt that we will improve exponentially this year (although even if we make finals we will only be making up the numbers) and Fyfe he will be a Docker for life.

In fact I am prepared to offer odds of 2-1 that he re-signs this year for at least 3 years. Any takers?

Going to take one hell of a success bases sales pitch to lure him away from Freo and a really good one from the list managers and Ross to keep in

Where do you all think his personal F7 branding fits into it? So many success based what if's

Fyfes not looking at the oldest list in the comp that will be hanging around the eight and then falling of the cliff and facing a long rebuild. Freo have started the rebuild and he is part of it.

All I think Fyfe needs to see is that we are progressing in an upward direction with the POSSIBILITY of success and he will stay. I have no doubt that we will improve exponentially this year (although even if we make finals we will only be making up the numbers) and Fyfe he will be a Docker for life.

In fact I am prepared to offer odds of 2-1 that he re-signs this year for at least 3 years. Any takers?
New to this betting caper are you?

I take it you believe Fyfe will stay at Fremantle for the long term?

Why then are you offering to triple people's money if they agree with you?

Fyfe was only in 2nd gear and still twice as good as anyone else in our team on the weekend. With the anticipated TPP increases I think he's well worth 1.25m to us. But I'll leave the cobblers to do the cobbling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New to this betting caper are you?

I take it you believe Fyfe will stay at Fremantle for the long term?

Why then are you offering to triple people's money if they agree with you?
Hmm, yes, you're right I am new to this. Perhaps I should have said 2-1 against him leaving in the next three years :oops:

FYFE AINT LEAVING. EVER

He enjoys playing it up and letting the media have something to write about, because he knows it's good business for the AFL, and for himself. Ultimately, he loves the club every much and would love to be the first premiership captain for FREO

I don't think he cares about your past success.

This article should silence some of the speculation. Seems as though the negotiations are only with Freo at the moment.
'Make him el capitano and you can have first dibs on his contract'...

I know, I know I'm a melting conspiracy theorist who also reckons the Coach was pissed with that performance last weekend.

Anyone not willing to pay Fyfe 1.2 Million+ is an idiot. I think his brownlow season says enough, we were winning games off the back of his will and ability, if it weren't for him we would've lost a majority of games that year. Here are your options, keep him and always Be in the mix for top 8, (top 4 in a couple years as team gets better) or lose him and let the team that gets him become twice the team we are. I know what I'd rather. Now it's up to him

Pav doesn't lie and said very similar things in the midst of all the "Fyfe is going" garbage.

Funny as the room to speculate (make s**t up) shrinks, the scuttlebutting arseholes return to Earthly reality with the grace of the righteous and present some factual reports.

The St Kilda board is a good laugh. Everything he says and doesn't say indicates he wants out of Freo and/or they're covering their asses when he re-signs with Freo:

a) he says he was envious of watching Dangerfield play last season
reading deeper into his comments, I think he's envious of the media exposure Dangerfield was getting. If he wants more media he'd get more in Vic. We've got a war chest and three first rounders (puffing chest out).

b) he says he's leaving contract talks until later in the season, after he's got some footy under his belt
he has an agreement with us and he's just saying all the right things to please the club and supporters. If we've already got an agreement he's not going to come out in public and say "I want out."

c) he wants success
if Freo have another bad season and if we finish top 8, they won't match our bid so they get the priority pick (like we don't know they have three firsts in the next two drafts). We have a war chest, Fyfe and three first rounders (puffing chest out). Otherwise we'll just trade Hickey (Freo are DESPERATE for a ruckman) and our lowest first round pick for Fyfe and their second.

d) Fyfe has an attitude problem
It's pretty clear he doesn't get along with his teammates and they all think he's FIGJAM with a big head. I don;t want him at our club, would rather use our picks on elite talent. He'd take up too much of our cap and is overrated anyway. He's coming back from two broken legs, he's goooonnnnnneeeeeeee and a huge risk. For the money we'll get Shirl, Kelly, Hopper, Martin and Rocky.

I hope all the big free agents re-sign with their current club as a big F U to St Kilda.

The St Kilda board is a good laugh. Everything he says and doesn't say indicates he wants out of Freo and/or they're covering their asses when he re-signs with Freo:

a) he says he was envious of watching Dangerfield play last season
reading deeper into his comments, I think he's envious of the media exposure Dangerfield was getting. If he wants more media he'd get more in Vic. We've got a war chest and three first rounders (puffing chest out).

b) he says he's leaving contract talks until later in the season, after he's got some footy under his belt
he has an agreement with us and he's just saying all the right things to please the club and supporters. If we've already got an agreement he's not going to come out in public and say "I want out."

c) he wants success
if Freo have another bad season and if we finish top 8, they won't match our bid so they get the priority pick (like we don't know they have three firsts in the next two drafts). We have a war chest, Fyfe and three first rounders (puffing chest out). Otherwise we'll just trade Hickey (Freo are DESPERATE for a ruckman) and our lowest first round pick for Fyfe and their second.

d) Fyfe has an attitude problem
It's pretty clear he doesn't get along with his teammates and they all think he's FIGJAM with a big head. I don;t want him at our club, would rather use our picks on elite talent. He'd take up too much of our cap and is overrated anyway. He's coming back from two broken legs, he's goooonnnnnneeeeeeee and a huge risk. For the money we'll get Shirl, Kelly, Hopper, Martin and Rocky.

I hope all the big free agents re-sign with their current club as a big F U to St Kilda.

The season hasn't even started and their trade/free agency thread is already 100 pages long.

I think St Kilda might want to make the 8 first before they start seeing themselves as a destination club for big names. Even though they finished 9th last year there is no guarantee they will be top 8 this year as there are quite a few teams expected to improve and not that many expected to drop out of the 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back