Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Did everything I thought he would in the JLT game and reinforced my view that he will dominate at VFL level before getting his go in the big league later in the year..

I thought that Clarke was impressive, too.

He calm under pressure and displayed what was basically AFL level physicality when in contested situations. The midfield will be powerful in the VFL as it should contain Hocking, Howlett and Bird most weeks so I expect that we'll see Clarke (and Mutch) spending the year learning to play different roles.

He calm under pressure and displayed what was basically AFL level physicality when in contested situations. The midfield will be powerful in the VFL as it should contain Hocking, Howlett and Bird most weeks so I expect that we'll see Clarke (and Mutch) spending the year learning to play different roles.
He played Half-Back in his underage year and spent a majority of his time in the midfield last year sometimes going forward to good effect, actually reads the ball pretty well in the air. Was also given some tagging roles and did well at those too although he is a natural ball winner so I don't feel that should ever be his role

Then you throw in NO'B, Uysal, Cornell...

Take a deep breath mate you have been waiting for the VFL team to win the premiership for along time haha
I've been waiting for my mighty Lions to win one for longer :(.
NOB yes, but I doubt that we are going to dig too much deeper to displace young mids from the midfield rotation.
That's why I really only listed those three (plus maybe Holmes). Uysal is a player that will spend time midfield and forward. In many ways he's our Polks replacement.

I've been waiting for my mighty Lions to win one for longer :(.

That's why I really only listed those three (plus maybe Holmes). Uysal is a player that will spend time midfield and forward. In many ways he's our Polks replacement.

Does anyone know where NOB played last year whilst plying his trade in SANFL in regards to position? Was he solely used in midfield?

Does anyone know where NOB played last year whilst plying his trade in SANFL in regards to position? Was he solely used in midfield?
Mid/forward mostly. Kicked a lot of goals against South Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we have another Dodo steal with this kid great inside work today
He will grow with some more belief, loved when he stuck up for Mutch late in the game he can be a bull when he does show his physicality.

His competitive attitude and leadership qualities are great and can see McGrath,Mutch and Clarke working really well together inba few years in the midfield

Yeah, for me he ws the surprise packet today.

Looks to enjoy the contest and can see him one day being an accumulator!

Hands are good but boy that kicking is ugly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back