QFA Div 2

Denchy

Debutant
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Should be an interesting comp with promotion/relegation on the line...
Agree, promotion/relegation best thing for the comp. Also tipping Aspley and Morten Bay to enjoy the season after battling away past few years against very strong teams

BigE

All Australian
Mar 9, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Pre season cup kicking off this weekend. Will be interesting to see how everyone performs. Looking forward to seeing how the QFA north, QFA south and QAFA match up against eachother

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pre season cup kicking off this weekend. Will be interesting to see how everyone performs. Looking forward to seeing how the QFA north, QFA south and QAFA match up against eachother

Must be exciting to coach a $100k side.. you blokes must be $1.30 favs for the flag

BigE

All Australian
Mar 9, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Must be exciting to coach a $100k side.. you blokes must be $1.30 favs for the flag

Aspley would be on 3rd line of betting. Behind Robina and Park Ridge (from the reports on here, they are the ones spending 100k)

We took 100k out of NEAFL budget. They have all taken 50% pay cut

100k on QFA team Time to move on champ

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Aspley would be on 3rd line of betting. Behind Robina and Park Ridge (from the reports on here, they are the ones spending 100k)

We took 100k out of NEAFL budget. They have all taken 50% pay cut

100k on QFA team Time to move on champ

Was a joke mate, aimed at the bloke who claimed the "$100k" budget was a thing.

UnBiassed

Debutant
Apr 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry mate. Mis understood the msg. He is kidding himself

having played across comps.. QAFA teams will have to have heads screwed on from round 1. the gap is quite significant. in saying that some of the lowly QFA teams will need to lift to be competitive. be nice for coomera to turn up expecting an actual hit out rather than losing by an average of 150 points

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Terrific, they can drop back to a comp 3 below again, smash everyone, then go back up again. Only to self destruct in a year or two and so it all again.

They didn't really smash everyone, despite winning the flag.

And with the resurgence at Zillmere (allegedly with all the Kedron players) - I doubt they would drop back and win a flag this time.

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They didn't really smash everyone, despite winning the flag.

And with the resurgence at Zillmere (allegedly with all the Kedron players) - I doubt they would drop back and win a flag this time.

Is there any actual proof kedron players are at Zillmere? From what I have heard there are none.

And being undefeated and winning the flag is pretty well smashing it.

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yes, but were nearly beaten by UQ - and probably should have been. Only played Woodies twice and were down at 3/4 time once, and survived an almighty comeback in the GF to limp in by 20 points.

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes, but were nearly beaten by UQ - and probably should have been. Only played Woodies twice and were down at 3/4 time once, and survived an almighty comeback in the GF to limp in by 20 points.

So they won every game... even the best hawthorn and geelong sides lost a few in premiership years. Kedron were miles better than the rest...

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

A few ifs, buts and maybes in this post, but I still haven't seen proof they lost a match in that year .....

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Managed to catch the last half of aspley yesterday.
They tick a lot of boxes.
Fit strong and have class all over the paddock.
Obviously can not comment on who didn't play but if that wasn't thier best side look out.
Play to a set game plan and implement it very well.
I was very impressed with what I saw for a first hit out.
There could be a big gap from the top to the bottom.
I saw Kenmore beenleigh and Kedron as well.
I my opinion they won't get anywhere near them.
Anyone else see see a top side in action yesterday.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Managed to catch the last half of aspley yesterday.
They tick a lot of boxes.
Fit strong and have class all over the paddock.
Obviously can not comment on who didn't play but if that wasn't thier best side look out.
Play to a set game plan and implement it very well.
I was very impressed with what I saw for a first hit out.
There could be a big gap from the top to the bottom.
I saw Kenmore beenleigh and Kedron as well.
I my opinion they won't get anywhere near them.
Anyone else see see a top side in action yesterday.

Did Jonathon Brown play for Aspley yesterday?

Back