Radio The Sounding Board with Craig Hutchison & Damian Barrett (Podcast)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like them to uncover the back story between MMM pumping up Spud to tee off on Chompers all week, to them not even mentioning it once during whole show, someone must have gagged them
Ask it on Twitter, they have been pretty open about everything else thing on the podcast.

Enjoyed this week quite a bit, I like when they cover footy stories in general - not just media stuff (the radio deal stuff was boring, Craig was right Damian)...The Rockliff being single and on the prowl as a captain was interesting listening, Gubby Allen and the old codgers being footy operations men over younger guys in their 40s.
Hutchy talking about being single at 41 in Aus vs the States, again interesting. I'm going to say if I was him at 41 with the coin he must make I would've perused the top shelf to use a euphemism. He sounds like a good bloke, would cheers him if saw him in West Perth where he seems to be all the time

I haven't missed an episode. I used to think they were both tossers. They aren't to bad a blokes really.
Hutchy in particular doesn't take himself too seriously it seems.

I haven't missed an episode. I used to think they were both tossers. They aren't to bad a blokes really.
Me either and I still listen to it as soon as it comes out. However, I feel like the first 8 weeks or so was cool anecdotes and insight, whereas the last month has predominantly been them accusing each other of being "obsessed" with something. Hutchy comes across well, he obviously just plays a character for the sake of TV on Classified. I haven't warmed up to Barrett at all though, probably the opposite.

Hutchy comes across an astute businessman with the ability to make bold decisions. I guessed this has been backed up by his latest radio rights deal with Crocmedia. He doesn't take himself too seriously at all and rolls with the punches. He loves to take the opposite point of view on most occasions which makes for good listening, but he is all about Americanising the game of AFL.

Damo "Defensive" Barrett. Mr Conservative and doesn't like any digs at him. Needs to take the p$$ out of himself a little more. Him and Robbo's genuine dislike for each other is quite hilarious how Hutchy just ridicules them about it.

Me either and I still listen to it as soon as it comes out. However, I feel like the first 8 weeks or so was cool anecdotes and insight, whereas the last month has predominantly been them accusing each other of being "obsessed" with something. Hutchy comes across well, he obviously just plays a character for the sake of TV on Classified. I haven't warmed up to Barrett at all though, probably the opposite.
I do agree with this, I loved it early when they would look at how things really went down behind the scenes.
Would love for them to go back to this more

Hutchy comes across an astute businessman with the ability to make bold decisions. I guessed this has been backed up by his latest radio rights deal with Crocmedia. He doesn't take himself too seriously at all and rolls with the punches. He loves to take the opposite point of view on most occasions which makes for good listening, but he is all about Americanising the game of AFL.

Damo "Defensive" Barrett. Mr Conservative and doesn't like any digs at him. Needs to take the p$$ out of himself a little more. Him and Robbo's genuine dislike for each other is quite hilarious how Hutchy just ridicules them about it.

I love how open Barrett is about his dislike of Robbo.

The show needs more mini fridge action in my opinion.

Hutchy's greeting at the beginning of each episode make him sound like he's trying to position himself as a B-grade Eddie McGuire - Good call, bad call?

Interesting to hear about Damo's altercation with Leppitsch. Probably sums up why Leppitsch failed as a coach, he's an immature bully who won't take responsibility for his mistakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchy's Super Sunday:

jzyG4Wn.jpg

Already loving it being back.

As an android user is there a way I can subscribe so I get it when it is uploaded?
They seem to have gone away from soundcloud which is frustrating

Already loving it being back.

As an android user is there a way I can subscribe so I get it when it is uploaded?
They seem to have gone away from soundcloud which is frustrating

Not sure if anyone has replied to you yet, but I use Pocket Casts as my podcast app and it works fine. Automatically grabs the latest version once it's published, I searched for their podcast and it found it ok.

Not sure if anyone has replied to you yet, but I use Pocket Casts as my podcast app and it works fine. Automatically grabs the latest version once it's published, I searched for their podcast and it found it ok.
I'm going to suss that out. Appreciate the reply :thumbsu:

Barrett makes Hutchinson sound intelligent.

Hutchinson's understanding of football is dangerously poor for someone so invested in the game.

Barrett makes Hutchinson sound intelligent.

Hutchinson's understanding of football is dangerously poor for someone so invested in the game.

This is what surprises me as well. There are some people in the media who are involved with football almost 24/7 and they still have difficulty grasping the basics of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back