QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Theroost

Rookie
Dec 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Thought every other Division had a page so why not start one for div 3

Everything pretty quiet on player movements any one got any news of new recruits?

What are early predictions for premiers and ladder positions? Who will take out the wooden spoon?

I hear carrara have recruited pretty well a few qafl and tassie state league.

The roosters have a s**t load on the track but are they quality players or not?

Pine rivers seems to have recruited a few but all look to be reserve players.

viccy point would be favorites from all reports? Not sure how true any of this is just little whispers i have heard

Thought every other Division had a page so why not start one for div 3

Everything pretty quiet on player movements any one got any news of new recruits?

What are early predictions for premiers and ladder positions? Who will take out the wooden spoon?

I hear carrara have recruited pretty well a few qafl and tassie state league.

The roosters have a s**t load on the track but are they quality players or not?

Pine rivers seems to have recruited a few but all look to be reserve players.

viccy point would be favorites from all reports? Not sure how true any of this is just little whispers i have heard

Can confirm on the chooks behalf that we have a great amount of depth. Working on gelling now and hopefully come round 1 V Wynnum we can have a red hot crack.

Our hit out against Alex Hills last weekend was really good, a lot of the boys performed really well and we've been able to identify some areas we will continue to work on.

Be interested to see how the other sides are going, hopefully a good even comp this year

Can confirm on the chooks behalf that we have a great amount of depth. Working on gelling now and hopefully come round 1 V Wynnum we can have a red hot crack.

Our hit out against Alex Hills last weekend was really good, a lot of the boys performed really well and we've been able to identify some areas we will continue to work on.

Be interested to see how the other sides are going, hopefully a good even comp this year
Day and time of your practice match vs the woodies ?

Some interesring results in pool c yesterday did anyone see any of the games. Anything to take out of them?

Hinterland might be a sleeper in Div 3, decent win over early favorites Viccy Point. Have they picked up guys from Maroochy/Noosa?

I heard Carrara touched up Moorooka also, Anyone see it? Good effort considering Moorooka have had a thousand players training this pre season.

Hinterland might be a sleeper in Div 3, decent win over early favorites Viccy Point. Have they picked up guys from Maroochy/Noosa?

I heard Carrara touched up Moorooka also, Anyone see it? Good effort considering Moorooka have had a thousand players training this pre season.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the results, most clubs would be playing some of their new recruits to get an idea as to how they will fit into clubs and where to play them.

G'day guys, Danny here.

Our game against Carrara was great, credit to Robbo's boys for jumping out of the blocks and hitting the scoreboard in the first, it was a mirror image to what we did in our first hitout last week against Alex Hills.

Don't think you would call it a blow out, margin was 4 goals or something in the end and we fought back in the last half after I asked for abit of intensity.

Carrara will be good this year as I believe we will be too, I know the Coach from playing footy with him over in Canada and he's a ripper and brilliant teacher of the game. To be able to recruit some boys from Tassie shows he's a well respected bloke so credit to them

Let's be serious here and realise that both teams from the weekend were missing players/playing blokes in different positions and also not investing their season in a preseason game, the hit out round 8 will be completely different and both teams hopefully at full strength.

This off season we set out to challenge ourselves and not look for easy 100 point wins over teams in div 5 or out in the bush, we have played Alex Hills in Div 2, Carrara who we knew recruited well in our comp and this weekend we play UQ's Div 1 ressies with probably some div 4 guys in there to top up but we have told them to play whoever they want. We want to see where we need to improve and get better to prepare us for the season and that's what we are doing.

Umpiring wasn't great but it didn't directly cost us the game, us starting slow was the catalyst and we will fix that. Any truth jr from Beenleigh played with on the weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day guys, Danny here.

Our game against Carrara was great, credit to Robbo's boys for jumping out of the blocks and hitting the scoreboard in the first, it was a mirror image to what we did in our first hitout last week against Alex Hills.

Don't think you would call it a blow out, margin was 4 goals or something in the end and we fought back in the last half after I asked for abit of intensity.

Carrara will be good this year as I believe we will be too, I know the Coach from playing footy with him over in Canada and he's a ripper and brilliant teacher of the game. To be able to recruit some boys from Tassie shows he's a well respected bloke so credit to them

Let's be serious here and realise that both teams from the weekend were missing players/playing blokes in different positions and also not investing their season in a preseason game, the hit out round 8 will be completely different and both teams hopefully at full strength.

This off season we set out to challenge ourselves and not look for easy 100 point wins over teams in div 5 or out in the bush, we have played Alex Hills in Div 2, Carrara who we knew recruited well in our comp and this weekend we play UQ's Div 1 ressies with probably some div 4 guys in there to top up but we have told them to play whoever they want. We want to see where we need to improve and get better to prepare us for the season and that's what we are doing.

Umpiring wasn't great but it didn't directly cost us the game, us starting slow was the catalyst and we will fix that.

Now there is a surprise

Does anyone know where the praccy games are this weekend? nothing on the AFL Qld website for the second round. Hinterland, Pine Rivers, Wynnum etc.

Redcliffe can't field 2 teams tomorrow, not even close apparently. Ressies stacking is in full flight already

Should of played their 2s. Would of been a decent game

Its a new year sixthsense dont be so bitter. Its already been proven redcliffe has a bunch of 40 year olds that are better then any other teams bunch of 30 year olds and fat slow 20 year olds. As for saturdays game i wouldnt read to much into it. Its a practice match.

Its a new year sixthsense dont be so bitter. Its already been proven redcliffe has a bunch of 40 year olds that are better then any other teams bunch of 30 year olds and fat slow 20 year olds. As for saturdays game i wouldnt read to much into it. Its a practice match.

Your exactly right its only a practice match hence why the Eagles were playing about 5 16/17 year olds from what my spies tell me. Eagles may be a little bit better than last but after all they only won 2 last year, i would expect to see them sitting bottom 2 but my sources could be wrong

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back