Women's Footy AFLW R.5 Crows vs Lions...Norwood Oval, Saturday 4th March, 6:40PM CDST

billy fragos

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Skills really let us down, it was like we had 2 options. Kick it aimlessly forward or try to break away from faster opponents. When a team actually learns to hit a short target or lead inside 50 they will dominate this competition.

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Unpopular I'm sure, but I thought the umpires did everything possible to keep us in that.
poor all round, but thought we had the rub by a long way. What is with this 5m kicks being payed as marks?

They looked very Sydney Swans tonight, and we looked very Adelaide Crows.

Oct 31, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Reasonably outcoached I reckon. Was obvious to all and sundry they would flood our F50 and sprint to goal, yet we kept bombing it in. Also does Kellie Gibson give a really good mackay impression, even does the little steps when manning the mark. Unfortunatly that game of hers was a 100% perfect impression.

Fundamental coaching error in third quarter when we kicked that goal to go 8 points up, didn't get all players push back into defence to stop any chance of brisbane getting a late one. I know we should have had a free kick back in he centre, but we didn't. Had to play to the whistle.

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Should have put the score on the board in the second and didn't. Too many nothing shots at goal.
That bump after the goal should have resulted in another free kick and a goal to us. Would have been a momentum crusher for Brisbane.
We can still take out the flag here.

whitey_1975

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Around the Bend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
All OZ BBallerz,PPenguins,CBengals
Indeed. The umpiring was almost as damaging to Adelaide as a player playing on from a set shot 20m in front onto a left foot they don't have.
So rather than acknowledge the fact the umpiring was s**t, you wanna be one of those smart arse pricks about player mistakes. Well i up your one player mistake to the 4 s**t decisions made in one quarter along with at least one blatantly obvious free that wasnt paid. See i can be a smart arse too. In case you cant count thats 5 umpiring mistakes to 1 player mistake.
As far as the rest of the game went, the umpires just guessed for both sides.
Anyway well done to the crows girls. Work on skills as much as possible will help no end. Brisbane certainly have us done in the skills department.

Back