Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I see them as very different. Ape would replace Griff or Sandi from today's game IMO, not Kerstin. We'd be way too top heavy with Ape, Griff, Sandi and Darcy all in the same team

For mine Apeness although big is a better "smaller" player than Taberner. He brings tackling pressure that Taberner doesn't. He is also a more reliable mark. Apeness is also in more form.

Agreed that Griffin, Darcy, Apeness is too many talls in a real game, but so it is the same with Taberner for Apeness. Once we get to the seaspn proper Darcy and Griffin go to Peel.

ydraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
For mine Apeness although big is a better "smaller" player than Taberner. He brings tackling pressure that Taberner doesn't. He is also a more reliable mark. Apeness is also in more form.

Taberner was our leading contested mark last year and for a guy his size is very good at ground level and is an extremely good kick.

In no way is Apeness better than him as a forward. Apeness has had about 6 touches at AFL level in 4 games. He is a ruckman/forward who needs to learn to ruck before he is a look in for best 22.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool

Agreed that Griffin, Darcy, Apeness is too many talls in a real game, but so it is the same with Taberner for Apeness. Once we get to the seaspn proper Darcy and Griffin go to Peel.
Not a fan of Tab , but I think Tab is a proper replacement for kersten. when tab is confident he mark everything , I honestly don't think last week problem is Tab but midfield intensity.

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'll get it going.

Why the * did we spend our earliest draft pick in years on a bloke the coach doesn't even think can play footy yet?

The comments from Lyon in that article really ground my gears.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
I'll get it going.

Why the **** did we spend our earliest draft pick in years on a bloke the coach doesn't even think can play footy yet?

Because you use high picks on the guys you think have the greatest potential, not on who you think is most ready-made. This is especially true of a rebuilding side. Not a hard concept to grasp surely

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Because you use high picks on the guys you think have the greatest potential, not on who you think is most ready-made. This is especially true of a rebuilding side. Not a hard concept to grasp surely
Should've gone for Tim English then?

I'll get it going.

Why the **** did we spend our earliest draft pick in years on a bloke the coach doesn't even think can play footy yet?

Who gives a s**t if he isn't playing now. He'll most likely have a 10+ year career with us if he is half as good as we hope, so if Ross doesn't think he is ready then who are we to argue.

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe they think Logue will be better?

:eek:
What do rebuilding sides typically do? Tweak the existing game plan with 25-30 year olds including the likes of Nick Suban? OR do they inject what youth they have to see who has what it takes and hope they learn something even if they fail?

Who gives a s**t if he isn't playing now. He'll most likely have a 10+ year career with us if he is half as good as we hope, so if Ross doesn't think he is ready then who are we to argue.
What do we lose by playing our round 1 draft pick in a preseason game (apart from an invaluable learning experience for the player)?

Has Lyon ever been surprised to the upside in his life? I doubt it as he simply does not take the risk. EVEN in the preseason with talent the likes of Logue.

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
My mate who played for east Freo, and is still involved with them, doesn't rate logue that highly, reckons we should have got English, really hope he is wrong.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
My mate who played for east Freo, and is still involved with them, doesn't rate logue that highly, reckons we should have got English, really hope he is wrong.
Recruiter for St Kilda rated English at 1 for the draft. Let's hope Logue can learn to play footy, and fast!

Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Arsenal, Vikings.
Interesting though the club extended his contract a couple of months ago. I know they often do for young interstate players near the end of their first year or so but for a local boy before he had hardly been at the club for 5 minutes was an eyebrow raiser. To me it meant that they must rate him very highly indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back