JLT2 - Crows v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

First time I've heard anyone mention it, and he didn't in the quarter I saw. Post game talk is all about Atkins and Hampton.
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-03-05/crows-claim-first-win
WHAT WE LEARNED
Geelong
: Key defender Harry Taylor continues to improve in his new role as a swingman. Taylor spent plenty of time in the forward line, using his size and strength to make a contest and bring the ball to ground. The Cats also experimented with champion onballer Patrick Dangerfield spending more time in attack. The former Crow was lively every time he got near the footy inside the forward 50 before he was given an early shower at half-time.

Adelaide: Rory Atkins is on the verge of taking his game to another level and becoming a high-end midfielder. Atkins was terrific on the wing, having 20 touches and utilising his damaging left foot to full effect with three goals, including one from 60m. Matt Crouch will again be a ball magnet in the middle of the ground, and Curtly Hampton's Round One credentials are growing with every game. Has great pace and is getting smarter as a midfielder.

ADELAIDE 1.1.0 1.4.0 1.9.7 1.9.7 (70)
GEELONG 0.2.3 1.4.8 1.4.9 1.7.13 (64)

SUPERGOALS
Adelaide:
Atkins
Geelong:
D Menzel

GOALS
Adelaide:
Walker 2, Atkins 2, Cameron 2, Smith, T Menzel, Dear
Geelong:
D Menzel, Stanley, Parfitt, Tuohy, Cockatoo, Lang, Horlin-Smith

BEST
Adelaide:
Atkins, M Crouch, Hampton, Hartigan, Laird, Walker
Geelong:
Tuohy, Henderson, Horlin-Smith, Lang, Guthrie, Menegola

INJURIES
Adelaide:
Dean Gore (head knock) in the fourth quarter after a collision with Nakia Cockatoo
Geelong:
Lincoln McCarthy (shoulder) in the second quarter

Reports: Nil

Umpires: Haussen, Kamolins, Fleer, Mitchell

Official crowd: 3,800

There are worse positions to be in that debating whether or not Otten gets to play.

His being back means we have cover should one of Talia, Hartigan and Lever miss a game, and then we have the debate over Otten or Cheney, and we can use a bit of a horses for courses approach
Not out of place up forward either..

Brick shithouse with s**t panicky skills is no comparison to a tall who is composed under pressure. Look, i know Otten is slow, but geez he's showing great form at the moment.

Look Hartigan & Otten aren't comparable players. You can advocate for otten but you need to he looking at intercept defenders like Cheney & Lever not built body on body key defenders

They play different positions with different matchups, and physically they bring very different things. Hartigan is not just taller & stronger he is an athlete.

It's just a very strange comparison

With his massive injury run at Carlton and bad run last season he needs to redevelop as a player. As each injury free game goes by I think he will push for AFL selection. I don't see him in the 22 much in the first half but could be set for making an impact in the 2nd half of the year.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's in there now. Dougie to the midfield and rotating through half back and CC spending half his time on a wing. Lyons is gone. There's a spot there now. Our best 22 changes from last year's Sydney debacle I reckon is;
Out - Thommo, Mackay and Lyons
In - Hampton, Knight and Menzel

Plus early there will be an extra mid/fwd spot up for grabs with the injury to Brouch. I think he's a good chance to play early unless we persist with the dead end Dmac or get bold and go with a draftee.

Interesting thought. Kyle had a much better year than Talia last year, and I thought he might even pass him by becoming our main defender (going on last years form) Hopefully it was just a bad game...... I vote bring back Truck lol!

ikl5UR.jpg

First time I've heard anyone mention it, and he didn't in the quarter I saw. Post game talk is all about Atkins and Hampton.
Mate, time to give it a rest regarding Mrouch, you are really looking like an embarrassment the way the kid is going about it.

I am amazed you keep drawing attention to yourself on this topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to Richmond Oval today and it showed why it's the home of football, it even has licensed club rooms at the ground!
Anyway, I couldn't help but notice we actually played two ruckmen on the ground at the same time during the third quarter. Really thought it worked well I hope Pyke took notice.
Without seeing any stats I thought Smith's game was exceptional and was quite damaging when roaming into the forward half, would make a good wingman.
Cameron is class and if he learns to become more consistent and lift his number of touches...look out!
Riley Knight has pace so when he's in possession I wished he would use that speed and break the lines rather than stopping and propping and going backwards. First game in a while but we look so much better running at the opposition than playing a finesse type game.

Geelong did rest a few of their better players after 1/2 time so it's hard to get a good read on the game but in patches we played good football.
A few of the younger blokes demonstrated their talent and Ottens also had a good game. Where do we play him? I can't see him replacing any in the back six (unless Smith is used higher up the ground) but his judgement in the air was great, leg speed a worry.
Hampton did a lot of nice things and will start in the midfield come the first round.
I hope we rest Jacobs this week (we know what he can do) and play Hunter and O'Brien.
Good hit out, tracking well for the opening round.

Brick shithouse with s**t panicky skills is no comparison to a tall who is composed under pressure. Look, i know Otten is slow, but geez he's showing great form at the moment.
Wayne sorry Jenny, Hartigan had a couple today but his "panicky skills" are greatly exaggerated, all of our players * up on occasions.

As for Otten v Hartigan, Sanders explained it well, they aren't playing the same role. Hartigan in the last 2 weeks has played on the oppositions brute forward, today it was Hawkins. Do you really think Otten could do that?

It's Otten v Lever v Cheney.

All of those quotes just say he found the ball a lot, which we already know he does. It's picking a best for your match report article by taking the post game stats and ordering the players by disposal numbers.
Lol. Mrouch is an absolute gun. Will be competing with Rory and Eddie for our B&F this year.

Matt was our best midfielder, started head to head with Selwood and was then freed up in the second half creating important goals for Walker and Atkins. Finished with the most possessions and clearances on the ground.

But only because Geelong wouldn't have been trying to get the ball when he got it. That's right isn't it NTRabbit, Crouch is just lucky that the 30 times he gets it each week the opposition had already decided to concede possession to us and he's just lucky to be the beneficiary each time.

I thought M Crouch was near BOG. Atkins probably shaded him

The guy will be the main man in our engine room for the next ten years...

I guess he got few mention as he just did what we all expect to do now despite being relatively young and inexperienced.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

All of those quotes just say he found the ball a lot, which we already know he does. It's picking a best for your match report article by taking the post game stats and ordering the players by disposal numbers.
If you watched the game rabbit, you would have seen he continued to get the ball out of the contest to our players and he created play. It wasn't because they let him like some idiot suggests, it's because he knows how to win the ball.

He has clearly been our best mid the last two weeks, you are an embarrassment the way you carry on. You hide behind "some on here think he's elite and I have to bring them down to reality" when in fact you hate him and his brother. You can't even acknowledge when they play well.

Can you do us all a favour and shut the * up when it comes to the Crouch boys? If you feel you have to, go bag them on the Port board, you'd be welcome there.

Lol. Mrouch is an absolute gun. Will be competing with Rory and Eddie for our B&F this year.

If a player so ordinary is that close to our B&F, it will be the clearest signal you've ever had that we have serious problems with our list management and coaching staff.

Jenny While Ottens had a good game today, Hartigan was the difference in defence for the Crows,
Also, he has Height, Leap and Pace on Otten.
As it stands only place I see for Otten in the side will be if Lever does not play next week.

Wayne sorry Jenny, Hartigan had a couple today but his "panicky skills" are greatly exaggerated, all of our players **** up on occasions.

As for Otten v Hartigan, Sanders explained it well, they aren't playing the same role. Hartigan in the last 2 weeks has played on the oppositions brute forward, today it was Hawkins. Do you really think Otten could do that?

It's Otten v Lever v Cheney.
If Cheney does not play next week I would not want him in round one.

He needs match conditioning

The only player who could slot straight in without a JLT game is Sloaney IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back