Supercoach DRAFT 2017 - Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have pick 11 in a 12 man draft, after losing the GF last year. Thinking of taking Selwood/Treloar. Thoughts?

Here's how I think the first round will go:

Danger (132)
Gawn (119)
Fyfe (106*)
Pendelbury (119)
JPK (113)
Rockliff (111)
Hannebury (113)
Ablett (115)
H.Shaw (106)
Goldstein (108)
Treloar (111)
Docherty (109)

Don't recall giving my research out to the world. Do your own research *******

My exp
IMO unless there are 4 people in the draft it is a really dumb rule to have. Every season there are a few bolters and if you dont have one of them your season is over (if you use captains). you shouldnt be rubbed out of the league for missing one of the top 3/4 players
my experience, not so much. If you do a snake draft it means you're getting Dangerfield and then pick 20.

In 5 years no one has won with pick 1 in our league. The closest was last year with pick 2 but he had Fyfe injured all year! He just had the right mix of bolters and luck in finals, coming from 5th on the ladder.

In a 10 man league there's enough good players for everyone to have a 110+ averaging captain.

I also play in a 12 player league with captain's enabled, don't have an issue with it.
In the last 4 years my first picks have been Beams (dead), Selwood (star), Gaz (dead) and Gaz (dead) again.
Last year I drafted Docherty and ZMerrett in the middle of the draft and that's what won it for me.
The year before I picked Gaz at #1 which was a bust and didn't get another pick until 24 and 25 rolled around picked Lids and Goldy.

tl;dr - high picks with captain's enabled doesn't guarantee wins in draft.

Are the other 11 sleeping? That's a nice haul!

Add
TMcDonald
JKelly
BCrouch
JMartin

Hope I can get Mills next, then I'll try snag Nankervis and hope he gets of to a flyer and trade his ass to a team with a dud ruck.

If this is cash league you're laughing!

Not a cashie, but we are doing a ring this year.

This is what I ended up with.
Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 12.08.30 am.png

Rocky, Goldy, TMitch, NRoo, Macrae, Burgoyne, Viney, TMac, Kelly, Crouch, JMartin, Mills, Menegola, Nankervis and Acres.

Our first round was as follows:
Danger, Fyfe, Pendles, Gawn, JPK, Gaz, Bont, Rocky, Parker, SMitchell :eek:, Selwood, Hanners.
First DEF picked was Shaw at #22.
First FWD picked was Dahl at #31

Last edited:
Was that actually with a 12 man league haha?

Yeah, 12 entrants, 15 picks each, 180 players in the end, it got dire towards the end when the whole 5 good forwards were gone and I'd already snagged 2 of them haha
Saved the entire draft log too, but it's a 17 page word doc lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, 12 entrants, 15 picks each, 180 players in the end, it got dire towards the end when the whole 5 good forwards were gone and I'd already snagged 2 of them haha
Saved the entire draft log too, but it's a 17 page word doc lol.

Post it so we can laugh at these patsies you're up against.

Post it so we can laugh at these patsies you're up against.

4 of us finished in the top 1000, some of the others aren't too flash tho ahaha

My exp

my experience, not so much. If you do a snake draft it means you're getting Dangerfield and then pick 20.

In 5 years no one has won with pick 1 in our league. The closest was last year with pick 2 but he had Fyfe injured all year! He just had the right mix of bolters and luck in finals, coming from 5th on the ladder.

In a 10 man league there's enough good players for everyone to have a 110+ averaging captain.

Snake draft is a natural form of equalisation, in theory it makes the draft even. However, the use of captains distorts this. e.g below.

First pick gets 130 point average and 20th gets 100. Total of 230 points without captain or 360 with captain.
10th pick gets 2 x 115 point players = 230 without captain, 345 with captain.

IMO snake drafts are equalised by nature, captain does nothing but distort that.
Obviously its all personal preference, i just dont see any benefit to including it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back