Opinion Dockers Supercoach & Fantasy Footy Discussion 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To start with, surely you'd be batty to not pick up Fyfe & Sandi when they're both fit, raring to go, and consistently high scorers AND CHEAP AS CHIPS. While the time off wasn't great for the 2016 season, it's great for our supercoaches this year!

Thanks for putting up this thread. Couldn't find it before and posted this in another SC related thread..

Hi guys and gals!
I want to ask about Cam McCarthy as a supercoach prospect and cannot find an appropriate thread for Fantasy Coach questions.

Can I have some thoughts on Cam please?

Apologies if I have the wrong spot.

Go Eagles! :p

:footy:

Cheers folks. Finding it hard to find rookies with good JS.

Ok as far as rookies go I have nfi coz the obvious top 10 are expensive and may not get a gig early on. Plus I don't know much on the mature ages.

Which first year players looks good to rise in value and should be playing early rounds

Thanks for putting up this thread. Couldn't find it before and posted this in another SC related thread..

Hi guys and gals!
I want to ask about Cam McCarthy as a supercoach prospect and cannot find an appropriate thread for Fantasy Coach questions.

Can I have some thoughts on Cam please?

Apologies if I have the wrong spot.

Go Eagles! :p

:footy:

Cheers folks. Finding it hard to find rookies with good JS.
McCarthy is a good bench/last forward on field option. He'll slowly make you money, but I'd be expecting fairly low scores with some goodish ones coming through later. He needs time. My guess is he'll average 30-40 with the occasional 50 for the first 2 months.

McCarthy is a good bench/last forward on field option. He'll slowly make you money, but I'd be expecting fairly low scores with some goodish ones coming through later. He needs time. My guess is he'll average 30-40 with the occasional 50 for the first 2 months.
Just want rookies that will play full stop. THanks mike.

For Fantasy my Freo POD, at only 0.57% ownership, is Weller; priced at 63, $378k in the forward line.

Moved permanently to the HBF after excelling there for the final 2 matches of last season scoring 95 and 100 off of 28 and 26 touches,
Weller will be the number 1 ball distributer out of the back half while retaining a license to shoot for goal from outside 50.
I see him averaging at least 85 points which would at worst accrue a 140k increase in value.
His ceiling could very well put him in the top 6-10 scoring forwards where he'd could be kept for the entire season.

Given his role he'll without a doubt be given DPP defense in round 6, however with the current available forwards and defender
he is more likely to be ranked higher in the forward line than the back line.
Now that Heeney has been struck down with glandular fever Weller is absolutely worth consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are we getting any leagues up and running this year? From memory our leagues performed quite strongly overall last year.

My two cents.
1. Fyfe - no need to explain
2. Sandi - at $308k it is a bargain, although many will be going with the Max, Todd combo and it is too expensive to have $308k on your bench. However -
3. Strnadica - at $102 is dual position, so you can pick Ryder as a forward and swap them in and out - he will not play a game, so can be your loophole dude.
4. Johnson - risky at $341k - an awkward price, however it is a discounted price and with his injuries that have been long term, he could string 20 games together, and average around 90+ points and for the price is decent, however risk attached.
5. Hill Brothers - Stephen has proven he can get scores over 100 regularly (scored 142 late last year), and in a year in which he copped the tag (always does - what am I saying), - anyhow now he has his bro, and Fyfe, and Mundy and Weller and others all fit with Sandi - it could be a good year for Stephen, but you may get the odd 70. Brad had an excellent year for Hawthorn in 2015 (I had him) however again he had a few down games - and last year he was one of the biggest SC disappointments, however this year he is ticking all the boxes - again mid priced trouble zone - you may be holding a trade waiting to happen, however my gut tells me he will at least cling in value to around the early $400k mark by the bye rounds.
7. Neale - if you want consistent scores then look no further. With the midfield injury free (apart from Bennell, when he comes back I am all in Texas Hold'em style). He broke the record for most possessions last year, and now with Fyfe and Mundy he is a safe selection for a young bloke. Expensive and in the SC top 10 elite, and most likely will be for the next so many years.

Who not to pick
1. Forwards for Freo - our forward line will be dysfunctional and erratic. One week McCarthy may get 6 goals, and on other occasions he might get a doughnut. Walters will get a few decent scores, but nah - too many low scores - he may win us the game, but maybe not your SC round.
2. Logue - he will not play much this year, and if he does he will score in the 40-60 range. (He was our highest draft pick)
3. Time to further upset some of the Freo faithfull : Weller and Blakely and Langdon - I love the players, and love them on the list, and think they are AFL quality players. Langdon is more of a runner - so nope. Weller is the player that has the most upside (to many) - he kicks goals, runs all day, however he does go absent (young - just SC here) - so scores can go below 50. Blakely would be my top to be the most consistent, however at $400k, I would rather take a rookie and take a SC gun.

Anyone else?
David Mundy $507
This poor bloke got the Captaincy in the year everything fell apart. Statistically, he had an ok year on averages, however he had some big scores including 44 disposals for 152 points. From 2013, he has generally been around 28 disposals and over 100 points. A few low scores and a few high scores, but he has become more consistent.
With Fyfe by his side, and no pressures of Captaincy, at $500k he could be one of the lowest priced premiums available.
There are a lot this year, however I think Mundy will be a $575 by end of year, which is around the elite midfield player mark.

Good luck - these are just my thoughts, and I am usually wrong :)

are we getting any leagues up and running this year? From memory our leagues performed quite strongly overall last year.

Both our Division 1 and 2 Leagues were of a high standard last year.

I'm happy to start Division 1 and 2 leagues if there are enough people interested and no one else is doing it?

Hey Guys/Gals,

Looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully its a close game!

Anyway, is Griffin Logue expected to play much/early?

I'll keep a keen eye on him tomorrow regardless but any information will be appreciated.

Good luck for tomorrow and thanks!

Hey Guys/Gals,

Looking forward to tomorrow, hopefully its a close game!

Anyway, is Griffin Logue expected to play much/early?

I'll keep a keen eye on him tomorrow regardless but any information will be appreciated.

Good luck for tomorrow and thanks!
Very excited to see him play but unless he truly dominates he'll spend the majority of the year in the WAFL.
He might get a string of 3-5 games later in the season

yes but injury or resting to avoid injury are is a real concern
theirs plenty of cover if he is rested here and their, I've had him a couple times and he puts up beastly kicks and marks

is johnson a walk up starter for the freo team this year? I'm in a ultimate footy league so its not about his SC score but more his kicks and mark totals

He will be, however and depending how we go - if we are winning, he will keep playing and might get rested on a long travel game. If we are losing, who knows? I expect us to be around the mark and Johnson is a top 10 pick in our team, and he has traditionally been our main ball user out of defence - I do not see this changing, as he is such a clever player, and has great vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back