2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't sure where to put this so feel free to move as necessary Mods.

It would appear Rocky has any extra consideration now when he comes out of contract later this year - he just tweeted he and his partner are expecting in September.

Firstly - congrats Rocky
Second - probably makes his next contract all about family rather than club I would imagine, and while I wouldn't want to second guess, you would have to imagine he would be reluctant to move if he has a newborn (unless his partner is from Vic like him?)

Wasn't sure where to put this so feel free to move as necessary Mods.

It would appear Rocky has any extra consideration now when he comes out of contract later this year - he just tweeted he and his partner are expecting in September.

Firstly - congrats Rocky
Second - probably makes his next contract all about family rather than club I would imagine, and while I wouldn't want to second guess, you would have to imagine he would be reluctant to move if he has a newborn (unless his partner is from Vic like him?)

I hope it doesn't mean Rocky will miss any of our finals

Suggested trading Zorko last year and got shouted down and rightly so......should be at least two rounders now.
lol i was right there with you. I might have been the first to suggest trading current elite senior players who didn't figure to be here when (if) our current youngsters were of an age to be competing for a championship, might be a feasible tactic to speed up the rebuild. I sure copped keyboard bashing. However Zorko was the one player I said I'd keep.

My fingers are crossed for a quiet trade period. I quite like our list, but we need to let this group develop rather than make wholesale changes each year. I'd say that retaining players would be a far greater priority than attracting new talent at the moment. There isn't the need to get more draft picks either with our two first rounders.

If McStay, Scache, Cutler and Rocky get signed up and there's only 5 or less senior list changes at the end of the year, I'll be really happy.

Last edited:
My fingers are crossed for a quiet trade period. I quite like our list, but we need to let this group develop rather than make wholesale changes each year. I'd say that retaining players would be a far greater priority than attracting new talent at the moment. There isn't the need to get more draft picks either with our two first rounders.

If McStay, Scache, Cutler and Rocky get signed up and there's only 5 or less senior list changes at the end of the year, I'll be really happy.
If you look at our list turn over the last few years I agree with you in stability. We have two possible pick tens this year add Ballenden into the conversation and then there's next years draft as well that the club has identified as accruing top 25 picks to get that talent into the club. Thought that we were quite clever in moving back one spot and getting pick 16 from GWS and could be another way to get more picks without trading out players. We do have a number of important players coming out of contract so it will be a wait and see proposition in regards to stability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be surprised if we keep both McStay and Cutler. Both exploring options.

Things can change nothing's set in stone don't take my word as 100% I don't wanna deal with a repeat of last time. Just letting you know they are exploring options.

McStay to leave. Just a feeling
Yeah I have the same feeling sadly.

Would be very disappointed to lose either or both. I have a feeling McStay will go to the Dogs with his mate Boyd. Still only a feeling and would love to be wrong!

Things can change nothing's set in stone don't take my word as 100% I don't wanna deal with a repeat of last time. Just letting you know they are exploring options.
Those whispers have been around in various circles for a while so I daresay it is happening. Lets just hope they feel Fagan is the right person to take them forwards. Winning a few more games will help keep them.

Getting pretty annoying to keep hearing whispers of players wanting to leave.

We will go nowhere as a club if we keep losing young quality players year after year. Very disheartening.

Is it as simple as winning more games? Think it's more complex than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back