Mod. Notice Mod changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is with some excitement and a tinge of sadness that we bring you some news on some moderator line-up changes commencing today.

On behalf of the Geelong moderator group I’d like to extend a warm thank you to Pure_Ownage for his distinguished career as a Geelong mod. Life priorities (baby, work, etc.) are getting in the way of important BigFooty business for PO (so selfish mate!) so he is hanging up the navy blue mod tracksuit. I think most would agree that in addition to being one our most knowledgeable posters across a broad range of topics he has always taken to the mod job in a fair and even-handed manner. His cool temperament in times of tension is a model to the rest of us mods! ;) Thanks PO for your great service and I hope that if anything this frees you up to do some more ‘civilian’ posting.

With PO’s departure, we are today welcoming David the Cat to the Geelong mod group. When an opening came up the powers that be obviously decided that who better to fill the void in adjudicating tricky territory on the board than someone who resides in the home of neutrality! :D But on a serious note, like PO, DTC is also a well-respected and knowledgeable long-time poster on the board who will add greatly to the mod group we already have. Welcome David!

I’m sure you’ll all join us in giving PO the thanks he deserves and DTC a warm welcome.

Cheers

catempire dazbroncos and winty

Would have been good to see a woman get the job.
Seems like it's heavily male-orientated just as the AFL is and there are some exceptional female posters in here who are always level headed and think outside the box.

Having said that, David is a good appointment.

Think they just picked the best available option out of the people that were interested, I really couldn't care less if they were a man or a woman as long as they do a good job as mod :)

Much thanks and best wishes to Pure_Ownage as he drifts off into that much vaunted Mod retirement!

I hope that the family/work/life commitments don't take over too much as he's been, and hopefully remains, one of the best informed and intelligent posters on the board. And I know I will never forget the unwavering JPOD support over his time. :D

Cheers PO and thanks for everything you have done here. Certainly hard shoes to fill and i'm sure DTC will make the transition seamless and successful.

And for those wondering, the best candidate was selected by the Site Admin's and Supers for the job from a pool of candidates, both male and female.

GO Catters

Last edited:
Think they just picked the best available option out of the people that were interested, I really couldn't care less if they were a man or a woman as long as they do a good job as mod :)

This board has too much testosterone and too many ego's.
It's why many businesses are now placing a lot of their faith in women as general managers and CEO's as they are not prone to rushing and scientific evidence is proving they do indeed have a greater capacity to multi-task and you certainly need that on here when you also have a life away from the computer screen.
But hey, I don't want to turn this thread into a negative spin. It is what it is and as I said above, personally, David has always been one of the more respected posters in all the years I have been on here so will be a good moderator no doubt :thumbsu:

It's why many businesses are now placing a lot of their faith in women as general managers and CEO's as they are not prone to rushing and scientific evidence is proving they do indeed have a greater capacity to multi-task and you certainly need that on here when you also have a life away from the computer screen.
But hey, I don't want to turn this thread into a negative spin. It is what it is and as I said above, personally, David has always been one of the more respected posters in all the years I have been on here so will be a good moderator no doubt :thumbsu:

This isn't a massive business & CEO position it's the Geelong Bigfooty Board Mod position & really doesn't need to become a gender issue... Bit too late with the whole turning the thread into a negative spin, but yes I'm sure David will be a great mod :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats DTC, good appointment. Any truth to the rumour that they just wanted somebody who could cover the night shift? :p

WTF you mean by that! :cool::D

GO Catters

Congrats DTC, good appointment. Any truth to the rumour that they just wanted somebody who could cover the night shift? :p
It's our own special form of world domination.

Thanks Bobby....I'll do my best.

This isn't a massive business & CEO position it's the Geelong Bigfooty Board Mod position & really doesn't need to become a gender issue... Bit too late with the whole turning the thread into a negative spin, but yes I'm sure David will be a great mod :thumbsu:

Thank you Daniel....tbh....you giving me support worries me a little...your track record isn't good.. :D

BTW...who is "your boy" this year????

Does this mean Lindt chocolates for everyone?

You can have my leftovers.....if you want.....

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back