Game Day Fremantle vs Carlton - JLT Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Stephen Hill has always done amazing impactful things with the pill, but generally hasn't had enough of it to be regarded as a top flight player imo.
I have a suspicion that 2017 might be the year that Hilly finally realises his potential & increases his average disposals per game.
This preseason with the inside / outside game he's been given & his brother pushing him / playing alongside him, his stats have taken a big jump up.
Went to the Carlton game & was chuffed to see some goal hungry Freo forwards looking to take their shots (rather than pass off to another player). McCarthy, Fyfe & Ballantyne obviously. Great effort from Griffin too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agree. Stephen has filled out and become a pretty powerful unit, having him play on the inside so he can zip away from stoppages is an absolute no-brainer.

Stephen on the inside, Bradley on the outside. Perfect combination

Man the carlton flogs all around me at the game were giddy over him. speaking flogs I swear carlton people out numbered us. in 101 anyway. Maybe they were just more noisy.
I don't blame them, I'm giddy over him and he doesn't even play for Freo.

I had some Carlton fans behind me and after Cripps did something good at one stage one said "Haha, Fremantle think they will be able to swap Fyfe for Cripps - no way, Cripps is already better than Fyfe and he's younger".

I bit my tongue.

I had some Carlton fans behind me and after Cripps did something good at one stage one said "Haha, Fremantle think they will be able to swap Fyfe for Cripps - no way, Cripps is already better than Fyfe and he's younger".

I bit my tongue.
Fyfe was better than Cripps at the same age. Cripps is bloody good, but has the typical Victorian hype. He also doesn't have anywhere near the same goal scoring ability as Fyfe. Bontempelli is the one I can see going past Fyfe.

Fyfe was better than Cripps at the same age. Cripps is bloody good, but has the typical Victorian hype. He also doesn't have anywhere near the same goal scoring ability as Fyfe. Bontempelli is the one I can see going past Fyfe.
Bont look ordinary playing against ablett Jnr in the first half.

Fyfe for me
1_18FrWc10WR0276.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta be annoyed we didn't get that Andrew McGrath bloke though? He would have filled our need to attack from half back perfectly. And that Taranto kid. Useless f'in Freo recruitment team.

They went at pick 1 and 2 respectively.....even if we kept our original pick (3) we still couldn't recruit them.

They went at pick 1 and 2 respectively.....even if we kept our original pick (3) we still couldn't recruit them.
Don't think freo can get cam Mac too if freo keep pick 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back