theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Haggers 6pr - ballas out for 3 months...
Pretty severe and a pity for him as he had a pretty positive preseason up until that point.. Not good obviously, but I am not fussed. We are in transition as a team and we have emerging players who I am excited to see play. Structurally it shouldn't damage us.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pretty severe and a pity for him as he had a pretty positive preseason up until that point.. Not good obviously, but I am not fussed. We are in transition as a team and we have emerging players who I am excited to see play. Structurally it shouldn't damage us.

You are an optimist. Ballantyne provides forward pressure that no one has replicated. Except maybe Grey, but he doesn't have the finishing ability that Ballas has. If Hagdorn is correct (I know, right? - but his manager is a mate), that is a big blow.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think ballas is a big loss, but when someone out opportunity open for other , Langdon might move there or d.pearce , just need to structure differently .

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
That really sucks for Ballas, especially after doing his hammy last preseason too. Hopefully being out that long doesn't ruin the rest of his season. Good opportunity for the other kids.

The one good thing is that he's done the full pre-season program plus he's a vet so he'll have that base fitness. Once he completes his rehab, I think he'll be up to full capacity fairly quickly. Might prove to be a valuable injection for the second half of the year.

However, I am concerned he's starting to become a bit injury prone. He's always played at such high intensity, maybe it's all starting to catch up to him.

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
You are an optimist. Ballantyne provides forward pressure that no one has replicated. Except maybe Grey, but he doesn't have the finishing ability that Ballas has. If Hagdorn is correct (I know, right? - but his manager is a mate), that is a big blow.
That forward pressure was no more obvious than 2 games ago when the little bloke corralled three players on his own. This led to them kicking across goal and the ball went out of bounds.

He will be missed.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I know can replace him

Benell !!!

Sigh

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bennell when back is class act , why waste him doing that kind of pressure role like ballas, part of reason ballas hammy is the way he run. HF is the place bennell play and replace blakely . weller ,Langdon,deluca,d.pearce and grey will be good for ballas role . just don't expect the same style of play like ballas they all have different strength .

Ragtooth

All Australian
May 22, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ballaz three months, damn! Suban in for ballaz i guess after the peel hitout. Would love to give Grey a go though. Sheridan and Croz not cutting mustard i feel, role players at best but Ross likes those players.

Would love to hear news on Apeness when available, especially if Griff goes down (2nd ruck/forward player). I think Hale is having a good impact on Griff and Ape

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
Yeah I think we're all sweating on the big Ape update and hoping it's simple and innocuous.I've no doubt Hale is having a good influence on the two of them but also that he has a bit to work with.Griff's looking as though he's back to pre-knee levels of fitness and mobility and I've always felt Michael A just needed an injury free run at it to cement a spot.
Bloody hard to do that with only a six pack of AFL games in 3 years,so here's hoping the big lug's good to go.:thumbsu:

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
If apeness injury is serious , I will pur him into Mora cat , time to move on . sometime a change of environment bring different luck . role the dice .

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haggers did also say that Lycett wouldn't play a game of football til May and Lycett suited up for East Perth on the weekend. I'll hang out for a second source.
Clearly he can tell the future because lycett did his shoulder on the weekend

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
If RTB isn't going to use Crozier at half back, he's more use in the pocket than at HF. As far as defensive acts, I will never forget that dump of Burgoyne in the forward pocket and the follow up "and ####### stay down..."
Why have we never played like that again? Went for a shootout with the Hawks and won.

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Why have we never played like that again? Went for a shootout with the Hawks and won.
Our back line no longer have duffield and macca . MJ injury prone , Dawson still the same no rebound improvement ,but opposition improve .

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
Not the best and not the worst.
Mick has had posterior surgery previously so hopefully the other knee and no long term weakness.
Good luck to both on successful and speedy rehab.

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals
Haggers did also say that Lycett wouldn't play a game of football til May and Lycett suited up for East Perth on the weekend. I'll hang out for a second source.

The cub has announced 8 - 10 weeks, so thats a bit less that old mate crumpet face.

Even when he's part right, he manages to get it wrong

Back