Griffin Logue 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Let him develop at Peel - there is no way we should be expecting him to get more than a game or two unless injury demands it or we are so s**t that we've given up in the later rounds.

He would of been as nervous as all hell, as can be seen by his first marking attempt.

Looked big and he moves nicely, just has to know/learn when and where to go. If we have 3 of the following fit at any one time - MJ, Spurr, Ibbo, Hamling, Collins or Dawson ...GL don't play.

Let him develop at Peel - there is no way we should be expecting him to get more than a game or two unless injury demands it or we are so s**t that we've given up in the later rounds.

He would of been as nervous as all hell, as can be seen by his first marking attempt.

Looked big and he moves nicely, just has to know/learn when and where to go. If we have 3 of the following fit at any one time - MJ, Spurr, Ibbo, Hamling, Collins or Dawson ...GL don't play.
Too true Moo . The kid's played something like 9 WAFL games.

Then again, to paraphrase the great philosopher Marsellus Wallace, this board is full to the brim with unrealistic mother.....s.

Can't remember what Marsellus Wallace looks like?...

"You can tell Marcellus Wallace that it's beyond my station and salary scale to speculate when or where the rower will play."
And you can tell Marsellus you don't like the way he spells his name.
images

If Ballantyne's role is to chase and pressure with anything else being a bonus, maybe Griffin Logue can fill that role for a couple of months.
He is quick and big, can mark and hoof a long goal.
Interesting idea. I worry that he would disrupt the development of a McCarthy/Kersten partnership. It would be a bit like throwing Clive into the mix.

Interesting idea. I worry that he would disrupt the development of a McCarthy/Kersten partnership. It would be a bit like throwing Clive into the mix.
I'm with you. Griffin is quick for his size, but is not a natural small forward like Ballas. We need someone quick over 5 metres, not an endurance athlete.

Someone jokingly paraphrased Hackdorn a few pages back and compared him to Kouta. Comparison could be a bit too close to the bone if he takes that long to develop enough game awareness (same height both switched from athletic backgrounds). Kouta did have one or two great years though.. Burst/pack crashing midfielder to rotate with Fyfe in a few years?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we've selected an athlete instead of a footballer with our first round pick I'll be seriously pissed off.

That being said, I thought he was reasonable enough on the weekend. It's just these comments about being a rower and 'needing to learn where to position himself' that worry me.

Totally stuff up 1st round pick (injury ,health ,discipline,poor skill) , Mora, Pitt,sherriden , apeness ,Simpson .

?

Weller - lack endurance don't have defense skill

Logue - run like an athletes but not play like a footballer

If we've selected an athlete instead of a footballer with our first round pick I'll be seriously pissed off.

That being said, I thought he was reasonable enough on the weekend. It's just these comments about being a rower and 'needing to learn where to position himself' that worry me.
Don't try to talk yourself out of it , is all Steve fault.

Totally stuff up 1st round pick (injury ,health ,discipline,poor skill) , Mora, Pitt,sherriden , apeness ,Simpson .

?

Weller - lack endurance don't have defense skill

Logue - run like an athletes but not play like a footballer

How dare an AFL player look and run like an athlete.:mad: Should be picking lard lumps that can't run or jump.

PS I know you're joking.

Danyle, come on down!

Wot????

Put D. Pearce up forward if you want someone who will hit the scoreboard regularly. Quite literally.

We currently have 13 players on our list who have kicked 30+ goals for Freo.

Their conversion rates look like this:

Taberner 41.19 (68.3%)

Walters 177.92 (65.8%)

Sandilands 92.52 (63.9%)

Crozier 31.19 (62%)

Johnson 63.40 (61.2%)

Ballantyne 221.148 (59.9%)

Fyfe 104.70 (59.8%)

Neale 43.30 (58.9%)

S. Hill 104.83 (55.6%)

Clarke 46.38 (54.8%)

Mundy 97.83 (53.9%)

Daylight

Suban 56.58 (49.1%)

Daylight

More daylight

D. Pearce 47.57 (45.2%)

If you throw in his Port Adelaide career, Pearce still converts at 47.5% (123.136).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the entire history of Fremantle Football Club we have had 56 players kick 30+ goals.

53 of those have converted at 50+%.

Only Suban, Troy Cook (47.5%) and D. Pearce are below 50%.

D. Pearce has the worst conversion rate of any player to have scored 30+ goals for FreoFC in the club's entire history.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NB: Troy Longmuir (36.16; 69.2%) has the highest conversion rate for the club (30+ career goals).

NBB: If you raise the bar to 50+ career goals, then Michael Walters is the club's all time dead-eye Richard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back