List Mgmt. 2017 - Trading and Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points, but Weller in my view doesn't get in good positions and doesn't demand the ball, you very rarely see him run past a player to receive the handball like the Hill boys and Pearce.
Need to learn , is like everything the more you play the more you learn. Eg c.tarrant when he move to back line he don't just suddenly become good he need few more game to learn .

I think we are trying to turn Weller into our Johannisen. I think he will do really well off half back, and did so for a few games towards the end of last season. Hasn't stood out off half back much this preseason however.

I tend to agree with that but would like Crozier given the same chances. Has really looked good in that role. Weller still looks ok further forward, Crozier has struggled to get enough of the ball but rebounding off HB he is a weapon.

I would not be chasing JJ. We lost Mayne and Yaz and unless both of Kersten and Taberner really show something this year we will need another forward like MM or Marcus Adams. Give it this year to see what happens including if Adams can get over his injury. When is MM out of contract?

I tend to agree with that but would like Crozier given the same chances. Has really looked good in that role. Weller still looks ok further forward, Crozier has struggled to get enough of the ball but rebounding off HB he is a weapon.
Ballantyne is injured so surely Crozier needs to be considered for that role. And surely the club's patience with him must be wearing thin. It isn't like we need more hb flankers, we have heaps on the production line, and unlike most posters I expect Spurr to play a few more years, and probably Ibbotson too. Crozier has work to do to push either of them out of their positions despite their flaws.

As a general comment on Crozier, he has demonstrated that he has a decent skill-set for AFL, but he is yet to show that he has the application and intensity to sustain a role in the best 22.

I would not be chasing JJ. We lost Mayne and Yaz and unless both of Kersten and Taberner really show something this year we will need another forward like MM or Marcus Adams. Give it this year to see what happens including if Adams can get over his injury. When is MM out of contract?
Out of contract at the end of this year.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/wa...e/news-story/59312e1918d581a45e083dfe5a88d6b8
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...l/news-story/75aa10d74c07d1bfb15f370e422f5713

Ballantyne is injured so surely Crozier needs to be considered for that role. And surely the club's patience with him must be wearing thin. It isn't like we need more hb flankers, we have heaps on the production line, and unlike most posters I expect Spurr to play a few more years, and probably Ibbotson too. Crozier has work to do to push either of them out of their positions despite their flaws.

As a general comment on Crozier, he has demonstrated that he has a decent skill-set for AFL, but he is yet to show that he has the application and intensity to sustain a role in the best 22.
He surely can't be ballas replacement , he even struggle for peel playing small forward. Just play where he strength at . ( right now I still don't know what his best position ) as peel have ugle and jetta playing that role.

Garlett is a Perth Metro boy I believe. His homesickness probably isn't a think if he lives in Perth. His junior club was listed as Bibra Lake which would be 5-10 minutes tops from our new training base. If he lasts the WAFL season 100% pick him up with a 3rd/4th rounder. Talent wise he's way better than that.

That's assuming his issues were based around homesickness (as was reported) and/or he can get over whatever issues he had with Gold Coast.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know what Jarrod Garlett is doing with himself? Would be a good pick up to fill the small forward void
South Freo.. already being monitored by freo & wce.
he was born in the country, grew up in perth but spends alot of time out bush with family.

I might give Weller another season or two before deciding he's a dud like some seem to have.
Sucks having so many duds in the one team.
Blakely -Isn't averaging 30 disposals a game yet, OMGLOL Cripps is so much better what a dud
Weller - Isn't averaging 15 rebound 50's a game. Dud, Delist or trade to St Kilda for Jason Holmes.
Langdon- Didn't get a rising star nomination. Dud Delist.
Logue- Fumbled a couple of times on the weekend. Dud Delist.
Cam McCarthy- Missed a whole year last year and has a s**t haircut. Dud, Delist.
Darcy Tucker- Has a weird kicking action and has put on too much muscle. Dud, Delist.
Balic- Didn't play 22 games in his first year. Dud, Delist.

:$

Blakely -Isn't averaging 30 disposals a game yet, OMGLOL Cripps is so much better what a dud
Weller - Isn't averaging 15 rebound 50's a game. Dud, Delist or trade to St Kilda for Jason Holmes.
Cam McCarthy- Missed a whole year last year and has a s**t haircut. Dud, Delist.
Darcy Tucker- Has a weird kicking action and has put on too much muscle. Dud, Delist.

I think you're being a bit harsh Moist Biscuit.

Cam's haircut is much better than Fyfe's.

Freo club disbanded. Cockburn FC the new GWS ( lots of concession please).

Looking at 2011 freo draft
16 ) tom sherriden
20) Hayden croz
29) Alex foster
58) lachie Neale
71) cam sutty
72) pass
83) nick lower

And check who freo can pick
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_drafts?year=2011

Luke breust two year rookie (2009) at hawthorn before get selected again in 2011 draft
If Apeness knees are slowing his progress, looks like a forward/ruck will be a priority next draft.
The problem with the Talls is that most are academy players, but Hayden Mclean, and Callum Coleman Jones are worth keeping an eye on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back