Favourite Beatles Song.

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay so we now have all had a good belly full of piss and food, it is time to start again....

They were way before my time but if you listen to the radio they are hard to ignore. Probably the most famous band ever.....Paul, John, George and Ringo.....The Beatles.

I look forward to some of the old timers getting up for this one....go your hardest!!

I love The Beatles...
image.jpeg
Here's Robbo at Abbey Road.

My favourite album, Revolver. It has everything that Sgt Peppers has and a little more.
My favourite song, Revolution. Naturally at maximum volume.

Lyrics are still relevant to peaceniks like me.

But if you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell you is brother you'll have to wait...

The greatest tea room orchestra in the world.

Always this.

George, utterly off his gizzards.

Pain in the arse that Paul is, he's still the greatest pop vocalist of all time.

He's one of very few white guys that can sing black.

....and the ballads, Michelle, For No-One, She's Leaving Home.

On 'Anthology' there's a thing he does 'Junk', and he just waltzes through it.........never used.

Last edited:
Something, Day in the Life, Across the Universe, Long and Winding Road.

Very hard to shortlist of course, if I go much further it'll go to 15-20 songs.

Ticket to ride is my favourite of their earlier ones, I like the catchy chords. Magical Mystery Tour is my favourite album.

Read that Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane were supposed to be on Sgt Peppers but the manager made them release them as a separate double-single (then later put on MMTour).

Sgt peppers would be number 1 for me had he not - imagine those 2 songs squeezed in at tracks 4 and 5 after Sgt Peppers, With a little help and Lucy Sky Diamonds...

Last edited:
I only have 60 favourites.
Top of that list is "In My Life"and
second is "Oh Darling"
third is "You're gonna lose that Girl"
Without doubt the greatest "R & R"
band of all time.

I cant choose a favourite song because my favourite song is every track off Rubber Soul, closely followed by every track off Revolver...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The GOAT.

To choose a more obscure song rather than just list the more obvious works of genius I'm going with this:

It's brilliant, but I think it also has a wierd eery feeling after Johns death.

Hard to pick one but I love In My Life, off the Rubber Soul album.
I cant choose a favourite song because my favourite song is every track off Rubber Soul, closely followed by every track off Revolver...
Agree, my song got to be In My Life off Rubber Soul

The 50th anniversary of the release of 'Sgt Peppers' is just around the corner. Expect a few precious morsels to be thrown our way and another special release. The stories behind the making of the album are prolific. I know 'Strawberry Fields Forever' and 'Penny Lane' were recorded during the 'Sgt Peppers' sessions. So if your bored you can play God and decide where they would have gone on the album. I read an article today which made me laugh out loud. Paul wrote a 'A little help from my friends' for Ringo to sing. The original opening refrain was "What would you do if I sang out of tune? Would you stand up and throw tomatoes at me". Rings refused to sing the lyric as he thought it might encourage tomato throwing at a live performance.:D

The 50th anniversary of the release of 'Sgt Peppers' is just around the corner. Expect a few precious morsels to be thrown our way and another special release. The stories behind the making of the album are prolific. I know 'Strawberry Fields Forever' and 'Penny Lane' were recorded during the 'Sgt Peppers' sessions. So if your bored you can play God and decide where they would have gone on the album. I read an article today which made me laugh out loud. Paul wrote a 'A little help from my friends' for Ringo to sing. The original opening refrain was "What would you do if I sang out of tune? Would you stand up and throw tomatoes at me". Rings refused to sing the lyric as he thought it might encourage tomato throwing at a live performance.:D

Was that from Rolling Stone??

They've done some fascinating essays on each song.

The other 3 kept him up all night, then got him tired enough to sing in the right key at 6am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back