YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Yeah, I'm back. ;) Bit early, but whatever.

Okay, so technically, there won't be "changes", so I guess, for the first round, post your starting line-up.

Here's mine:

FF: Walters/McCarthy/Griffin
HF: Langdon/Kersten/Crozier
C: B Hill/Mundy/S Hill
HB: Weller/Hamling/Johnson
FB: Spurr/Dawson/Ibbotson
R: Sandilands/Fyfe/Neale
I/C: Blakely/D Pearce/Tucker/Logue

EMG: Taberner/Suban/Collins

Last edited:

Okay, so technically, there won't be "changes", so I guess, for the first round, post your starting line-up.

Here's mine:

HF: Weller/Kersten/Crozier
HB: Ibbotson/Hamling/Johnson
FB: Spurr/Dawson/Langdon

I would agree except for:

The team should be kicking down with the backs at the top.

Spurr Dawson Hamling
Weller Johnson Ibbotson
B.Hill Fyfe Tucker
Mundy Kersten Langdon
Walters McCarthy Crozier
R: Sandilands Hill Neale

Int: Griffin Blakeley Sutcliffe D.Pearce

FB: Spurr - Dawson - Hamling
HB: Sutcliffe - MJ - Ibbo
C: Hilly - Fyfe - Billy
HF: Langdon - McCarthy - D. Pearce
FF: Griffin - Kersten - Sonny
R: Sandi - Neale - Mundy
I/C: Blakely - Weller - Tucker - Sheridan

EMG: Susan - Croz - Collins

Just a little amused that almost the first person you think of putting in is Zak Dawson (especially with Hawkins playing). Zak will do a good job but I am now really disappointed that we wont be seeing the Pearce/Hamling combination anytime soon.

Spurr Hamling Logue
Weller Johno Ibbo
SHill Neale BHill
Langdon Kersten Blakely
Griffin CMac Sonny
Sandi Fyfe Mundy
Tucker Sheridan DPearce Croz

I think we will look like this:
Spurr Dawson Hamling
Ibbotson Johnson Weller
B. Hill Mundy S. Hill
Crozier Kersten Blakely
Walters McCarthy Griffin
Sandilands Neale Fyfe
D. Pearce Tucker Langdon Sutcliffe

We really need to get some youngsters into that backline, hoping we can move on Dawson & Ibbotson ASAP. Everyone but Weller and Hamling in that backline could be gone in 2-3 years.

Spurr - Dawson - Ibbotson
Johnson - Hamling - Weller
B.Hill - Fyfe - D.Pearce
Walters - Kersten - Langdon
Griff - McCarthy - Crozier
Sandi - Neale - S.Hill
Mundy - Tucker - Sutcliffe - Blakely

I feel like moving Stephen Hill inside has proven to be a great move, yet see a lot more people keeping out on the wing in their 22s. Tucker, Walters and D.Pearce can all play on that wing so there isn't a shortage of players in that position or anything. Does move Mundy to the bench though.

Spurr Dawson MJ 

Ibbo Hamling Weller 

BHill Mundy SHill 

DPearce Kersten Walters 

Langdon,McCarthy Griffin 

211 Fyfe Neale 

Int - Sutcliffe, Crozier, Tucker, Blakely 

Emg - Sheridan, Logue, Tabs 

Not considered imo B22 - Ballaz (Sutcliffe), Bennell (Crozier), APearce (Dawson), Ape (Griff)

B: Spurr Dawson Jonno
HB: Weller Hamling Sutty
C: Hill Fyfe Hill
HF: Tucker Kerstin Langdon
F: Walters McCarthy Croz
R: Sandi Neale Mundy

Inter: Blakely, Danyle, Griff, Ibbo

Emerg: Sheridan, Suban, Tabs, Logue, Cox.

I'm curious to know why Collins has been "left right out" lately ?.

Last season I saw him as slowly moving into Dawson's position. It appears that Zac is back in favour and Collins is peeling.

By the way, I'm a great fan of Zac's defensive work, unfortunately my finger nails struggle when he does attacking ( going forward ) work.

Midfield is where we have a good chance in this game.

Cats have two of their better midfielders coming into Round 1 with injury concerns. Cam Guthrie had a calf injury in JLT one and didn't play in the other games and Mitch Duncan looks like he might have gotten a bit of a hamstring ping in the game against Essendon.

After Dangerfield and Selwood, Duncan and Guthrie were in their top 5 in terms of disposal numbers last season - with Enright (retired) the other rounding out that Top 5 list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like moving Stephen Hill inside has proven to be a great move, yet see a lot more people keeping out on the wing in their 22s. Tucker, Walters and D.Pearce can all play on that wing so there isn't a shortage of players in that position or anything. Does move Mundy to the bench though.

I'd say yes he's starting in the middle more and I know they keep talking up Stephen's move into the middle.... but I'd say he's still being used mostly on the outside.

Stephen Hill over the last 2 games (Collingwood, Carlton) has had:
Contested possesions - 11
Uncontested possesions - 47

Danyle Pearce for example has had more contested possessions than S Hill over the last two games.

Last edited:

Last season I saw him as slowly moving into Dawson's position. It appears that Zac is back in favour and Collins is peeling.

By the way, I'm a great fan of Zac's defensive work, unfortunately my finger nails struggle when he does attacking ( going forward ) work.
I'd like to think it's because we really want to win round 1 and Tom Hawkins is just about the only forward Dawson matches up well against.

I would hope Collins has replaced Zac by season's end; he adds a bit more versatility.

I really don't want Zac in the team, however of the teams you would play him on match up alone .....it is probably Geelong/North Melbourne - Hawkins is just a big lunk immobile forward and the prescription is a big lunk immobile back ...allows Hamling to take Taylor and for MJ to zone off and use that laser guided left foot to release the greyhounds in the midfield and flanks.

Danyle Pearce for example has had more contested possessions that S Hill over the last two games.
But every possession of Danyle's is a contest... between the many voices in his head. "quick, kick it", "don't look, just kick", "should I look for an leading player", "nah, just bomb it in", "look some empty space, kick it there"

FF: Walters - McCarthy - Griffin
HF: Crozier - Kersten - Crozier
C: B Hill - Mundy - S Hill
HB: Weller - Hamling - Johnson
FB: Spurr - Dawson - Ibbotson
R: Sandilands - Fyfe - Neale
I/C: Blakely - D Pearce - Tucker - Langdon

I really dont want to see Dawson there but after reports on Collins not performing overly well himself on the weekend it's left me withno choice but to go with experience. Hurry up, Alex Pearce!

LOL

When I gave to go ahead I didn't expect you to make one almost immediately Yello Mit :D

Expecting Croz to come in for Ballas and to, at the very least, chase until he throws up. Reckon he'll go ok. With a few guys we could add to the LTI I wouldn't be averse to a sudden Brady Grey upgrade but it's unlikely we'll see anyone who didn't play JLT.
B.Hill - Fyfe - D.Pearce
Sandi - Neale - S.Hill

Think you've nailed it. I'd be pretty surprised at this stage if we didn't line up this way.

Here's mine:

HF: Langdon/Kersten/Crozier
HB: Weller/Hamling/Johnson
FB: Spurr/Dawson/Ibbotson

This is just a wish list, not what you actually think the team will be right?

Sutcliffe isn't going to be dropped for Logue in round 1.

Zac was never out of favour. He was injured or suspended. Lyon loves Zac and I expect he will be best 22 until he's in his late 30's.

B.Hill - Fyfe - D.Pearce
Sandi - Neale - S.Hill

This will be the team. Except we'll only play 5 forwards and Crozier will play in defense. Bit harsh starting Mundy on the bench tho.

FF: Walters - McCarthy - Griffin
HF: Crozier - Kersten - Crozier
C: B Hill - Mundy - S Hill
HB: Weller - Hamling - Johnson
FB: Spurr - Dawson - Ibbotson
R: Sandilands - Fyfe - Neale
I/C: Blakely - D Pearce - Tucker - Langdon

I really dont want to see Dawson there but after reports on Collins not performing overly well himself on the weekend it's left me withno choice but to go with experience. Hurry up, Alex Pearce!

The Crozier and Hill brothers playing together terrific idea - does the other Crozier go all right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back