NBN - Good or Bad

Remove this Banner Ad

I am finally getting the NBN in July but I have heard Bad and Good Things about it.

I have heard that it can be Worse then ADSL for Some People. Good Thing is that Speed is Constant.

What do you think of the NBN?

I am finally getting the NBN in July but I have heard Bad and Good Things about it.

I have heard that it can be Worse then ADSL for Some People. Good Thing is that Speed is Constant.

What do you think of the NBN?
Definitely a good thing. FAR more reliably quick service. Some ISPs will throttle speed for certain connections at times (eg. torrents) but it's rare.

Definitely a good thing. FAR more reliably quick service. Some ISPs will throttle speed for certain connections at times (eg. torrents) but it's rare.

Optus(ADSL) during Peak Time Throttle the Torrents but got around it with a VPN;)

Our town got the crap one
We were supposed to get the real one within months of the last election
Change of government and we got 2 towers instead of fibre.
Im still on ADSL 2 its about the same speed
Hope the next election may speed up by internet

Our town got the crap one
We were supposed to get the real one within months of the last election
Change of government and we got 2 towers instead of fibre.
Im still on ADSL 2 its about the same speed
Hope the next election may speed up by internet

Who where the Lucky One's that got the Labor NBN?

We are getting ours in July as well.
Apparently i'm in a better position then most because I can get HFC internet.
The NBN guy said that's a faster system than the slower FTTN.

For those that don't know: -
FTTN - Fibre to node then copper to house.
HFC - Fibre to node then cable (Foxtel type cable) to house.

Found out the other day after the NBN website update that instead of getting HFC like the website told me this whole time, we are instead now getting the inferior FTTN. Considering how slow our ADSL2 is (we're a few kilometres from the exchange, and also assuming our copper is s**t) I dont think our speeds will increase that much if at all. Really disappointing because my mate just had his HFC installed (he lives in the suburb next to me) and gets 50 down, as per his plan. Fcuking pissed off to be honest. What a balls up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mention of which providers these customers have. Some are known for terrible speeds mainly because they haven't purchased enough capacity and suffer very badly from congestion, especially during peak hours. Of the *top tier" RSAs I wouldn't consider TPG or Optus.

Sadly I have Optus but I use a VPN to get around there Speed Problem during Peak Time:D:thumbsu:

Did that and Sadly said we get the Bloody Shitty FTTN:'(:'(:'(

Sadly I have Optus but I use a VPN to get around there Speed Problem during Peak Time:D:thumbsu:
You should still get reasonable speeds with fttn if you have a decent rsa and the copper between the node and house is ok. Sounds like it's Optus congestion if you're getting reasonable speed via a VPN.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

You should still get reasonable speeds with fttn if you have a decent rsa and the copper between the node and house is ok. Sounds like it's Optus congestion if you're getting reasonable speed via a VPN.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

What is RSA? How would I know IF I am getting good Copper or Not?

So when Optus get over load they Slow Down Torrents?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back