Griffin Logue 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Proof of what? Go and watch him live.
Haha just as a thought. It was 100% not a knock on him by any recruiters and was not written on any draft right up that I saw. Does he have work to do on his kicking, yes. Does Dangerfield, yes. Fyfe, yes.
Don't get up and going because I called you out and you couldn't back it up

Haha just as a thought. It was 100% not a knock on him by any recruiters and was not written on any draft right up that I saw. Does he have work to do on his kicking, yes. Does Dangerfield, yes. Fyfe, yes.
Don't get up and going because I called you out and you couldn't back it up

Oh yeah? lol you've read some draft profiles and that's make you an expert lmao. I actually spoke to a recruiter, have you?

Get down to a game or watch him train. And you are right Dangerfield isn't a good kick same with Fyfe. However, we are talking about Logue and as we saw his field kicking wasn't that great. My concern was he is a late footy convert who has a questionable kick, so was he really worth pick 7? My gut feeling was probably not.

Some of you need to get a grip when someone posts anything remotely negative.

Last edited:
Oh yeah? lol you've read some draft profiles and that's make you an expert lmao. I actually spoke to a recruiter, have you?

Get down to a game or watch him train. And you are right Dangerfield isn't a good kick same with Fyfe. However, we are talking about Logue and as we saw his field kicking wasn't that great. My concern was he is a late footy convert who has a questionable kick, so was he really worth pick 7? My gut feeling was probably not.

Nothing wrong with being neg nanny , feeling come and go. Sometime hungry or too full in the gut affect feeling too. Maybe learn to accept that until players reach afl game comparison of who is better take a back seat.

Last edited:

Why would anyone even bother asking a question like "was he really worth pick 7" of a player who is yet to begin their first season? You deserve to cop it based on that alone. It is the type of question that should be asked of S Hill or perhaps Weller. Asking it now is provocative, pointless and deliberately negative.

For sure that is the stuff of discussion boards, so I'm not trying to close you down or anything, but your indignation about people reacting to your silly early call on the decision is ridiculous.

Yeh i liked what I saw bar a few clangers 11 touches in limited game time, beast of a lad the biggest boy in the draft along Powell pepper, reads the play like Carmichael hunt.
he'll play senior footy this this year, round 1 though?

I follow swans in the wafl so I watched all his league games and had a mates son in the 18s with him so I also watched his 18s games apart from the game against SA. So fair to say I've "got down to a game" or 13 haha
As I said he has work to do on his kicking like all players, but to say that his field kicking was a big knock is wromg. Plain and simple

This is a discussion board and I disagreed with what you said, I do not need to get a grip because I don't agree with you haha

I follow swans in the wafl so I watched all his league games and had a mates son in the 18s with him so I also watched his 18s games apart from the game against SA. So fair to say I've "got down to a game" or 13 haha
As I said he has work to do on his kicking like all players, but to say that his field kicking was a big knock is wromg. Plain and simple

This is a discussion board and I disagreed with what you said, I do not need to get a grip because I don't agree with you haha

But you didn't speak to a recruiter though :rolleyes:

Hope not!

When Karmichael was a kid he asked his mum if they could have McDonald's for tea.
His mum said 'If you can spell it.'
Karmichael said 'OK make it KFC.'

However he misspelled it KayFSee, and his mother beat him until he had no choice but to play rugby.

Moral of the story is don't try.

Easy to say we killed it until McLuggage is a bone fide superstar.
Yep he might well be.
On the other hand he may be injured for the next 5 years and never play a game.

My point is that from our trade of pick three and it's related trades we have three players who will start against Geelong and three other draft picks who may be something. In turn what have lost three picks that may be something sometime. On balance a win.

I think McCluggage benefited from rules in the underage competition that ban tagging and allowed him to seagull out the back and side of packs. It's a much tougher learning curve for a guy attempting to excel in a competition where a player can sit on you and run both ways, never leaving your side.

I think McCluggage benefited from rules in the underage competition that ban tagging and allowed him to seagull out the back and side of packs. It's a much tougher learning curve for a guy attempting to excel in a competition where a player can sit on you and run both ways, never leaving your side.

You could say the same of lachie Whitfield and Josh Kelly in that case, and they have transitioned pretty well! Hopefully mccluggage can do the same, Brisbane really do need him too haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 guys we could've had making thier rd 1 debut, jy sympkin and sps both look like absolute phenoms. No pressure Griffy boy....

There was one play in the third which doesn't show up on the stat sheet at all but he was on the 50 and lead to the interchange bench (would have been 100 metre lead or so) which allowed Fyfe to lead back and take an easy uncontested mark which was then an inside 50.

It's the little things like that, that show me this kid can play. He'll be alright.

One contest near the interchange he was outnumbered & knocked the ball forward & Cam got onto it then to Walters for a goal. No stat but no goal without his effort. Another little touch led to Balics first goal.
I'm a huge fan of players who seem to create positive effects with little touches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back