2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-n...ted-by-fremantle-dockers-20170314-guy2j1.html

Pretty interesting article.

"I think there's a little bit more flexibility in the game plan here," he said. "I just feel like the attacking side of the game here is really encouraged, and I reckon 'Rocket' has got that 100 per cent right, when you look at the list and see who we've got at our disposal, we've got some of the best athletes and natural players in the competition, so you want to harness that." - Not sure if Mick is suggesting attacking play is discouraged at Freo or not?

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-n...ted-by-fremantle-dockers-20170314-guy2j1.html

"I think there's a little bit more flexibility in the game plan here," he said. "I just feel like the attacking side of the game here is really encouraged, and I reckon 'Rocket' has got that 100 per cent right, when you look at the list and see who we've got at our disposal, we've got some of the best athletes and natural players in the competition, so you want to harness that." - Not sure if Mick is suggesting attacking play is discouraged at Freo or not?

How are gold coast doing again?

If you remove the comma between "100 per cent right" and "when you look at the list and see who we've got at our disposal", your confusion may be lessened.

Applying your basic skills in lit crit, you will then see that the phrase invites comparison between Gold Coast's list and Freo's list, and the imperatives that implies in the game plan department, as last year well showed.

Wow. Quite surprised, thought Plugger hated the limelight & would probably end his days an overweight dog trainer.
He looks amazing, wonder how well he will work out as a coach.

Looks like he's pretty excited to be there too.
A picture of concentration.

For all his knockabout persona, Plugger was the ultimate professional when lining up a goal.

If I had to have someone kicking for goal to save my life, I'd choose Plugger.
(Former Perth player Murray Couper if it had to be a 50m snap over the shoulder on the wrong foot.
Another former Perth player, John Quartermaine, if it had to be a 70m drop kick to a moving target).

I'd say so.

Is anyone really surprised? We have the least intuitive game plan in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just confirming what a lot of us suspected isn't it? Ross isn't adapting with the game, he's stuck in his old ways. This is shown at team selection imo. How can you suggest we need better ball movement from our back half, yet pick Dawson??
That question appears to imply that we would have better on field results with Dawson replaced by Crozier or similar more able kick but I don't think any of them are tall but you obviously don't mean it so simply.

Just confirming what a lot of us suspected isn't it? Ross isn't adapting with the game, he's stuck in his old ways. This is shown at team selection imo. How can you suggest we need better ball movement from our back half, yet pick Dawson??
Yep. I suggest we approach the club and ask if Ross can be replaced by a panel of experts from Big Footy, because it seems there are many on here with a much greater understanding of the game than Ross.

I'm going to pretend I didn't hear Hamling say RTB's "old school" and that's "exciting". I prefer the version where there was a series of savage attacks, culminating in the ultimate insult.
Yes exactly - unless my understanding of the English language has deteriorated dramatically I am fairly certain Hamling meant it positively. As in getting back to basics of high intensity contested football... Exactly what the Dogs play and imo they have copied our "old school" style from early 2015.

Yes exactly - unless my understanding of the English language has deteriorated dramatically I am fairly certain Hamling meant it positively. As in getting back to basics of high intensity contested football... Exactly what the Dogs play and imo they have copied our "old school" style from early 2015.

That was how I understood it.

I think is neither positive nor negative . Rather giving a doubt to reader like fyfe contract extension situation.

He can't have a go at his previous employer as they won a flag , he look a bit of a loser if he criticism he current employer so early before rd 1.

Ross situation is a bit like morihno right now .

Beveridge already a step ahead willing to mix clarkson and ross game style. Who know? maybe is the willingness to mix it up help him win the flag . As they beat Sydney ( more of ross school) and GWS( more of clarkson school).

Last edited:

I don't think it would be a surprise to any of our supporters that RTB would be described as more structured/defensive and less flexible than most coaches. Its what he believes in and it has got him to more wins than most but not the ultimate prize.

Also relates to why not many new recruits getting a game early because they have to know the structures before than can be considered.

How is this NON-Freo discussion?
Because he no longer plays for Freo and it started a discussion?

I'd heard a few reports about Micky B's shoulder being rooted and that was one of the catalysts for his delisting. When you're in a rebuild, you don't carry a player when medical advice is they'll likely not play again (Clarke being an exception, but he wasn't as injured during trade period)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back